Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky Expeditions Brings New Multiplayer-Focused Features In Latest Update | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Man's Sky Expeditions Brings New Multiplayer-Focused Features In Latest Update | MMORPG.com

No Man's Sky has been quietly improving its procedurally generated space exploration game since its initial launch in 2016, and today players have received yet another update. Expeditions, which focuses in how players can play together, launched today for No Man's Sky. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    The game has its ups and downs for me. It's like an emotional rollercoaster haha.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited April 2021
    Does anyone knows if the Saves from the Expedition Season are local or on Hello servers?

Because if they are still on local HDD this will be a easy pass for me. Imagine starting fresh, and then there are this people duping all kind of stuff and flexing their "muscles" around the community with their "amazing" items.

It blow my mind why Hello Games doesn't add an "Online Only" mode, where the saves are on their servers, so no one can dupe and hack items and such. This is the reason why I stopped playing this game.

...and when you tell the dupers to disable Multiplayer mode if they are cheating, they go like "No! I play the game as I want!!! You disable it".

Dudes, is the other way around. Hence, that's why it's called Multiplayer.

Edit: I literally took this print just now and is exactly proving my point: image
    Post edited by IceAge on

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• SabbythSabbyth Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited April 2021
    I literally took this print just now and is exactly proving my point:

I had an activated Indium farm and it was incredibly easy to come by, I'd often make stacks of it daily. Giving at random can be iffy but I always recommend players just delete the items they receive at the nexus if they don't want to accept it or be involved.

[Deleted User]Kyleran
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    — Shigeru Miyamoto
    Why are people calling these Expeditions some sort of season? They are just longer/extended nexus missions. They last a couple hours. A "season" in current gaming lasts a few months haha. o.o

I'm getting a big disconnnect here?
    Sabbyth said:
    I literally took this print just now and is exactly proving my point:

I had an activated Indium farm and it was incredibly easy to come by, I'd often make stacks of it daily. Giving at random can be iffy but I always recommend players just delete the items they receive at the nexus if they don't want to accept it or be involved.

Personally, I don't want to provide life validation for another gamer online. Every single time I go to Nexus someone donates me something. And I very quickly delete it with no notice to them. They go on with their feels roller coaster and none the wiser. Cause I don't want to open that can of worms with them. Keep them caged over there --->
    Kyleran
    edited April 2021
    And enable that lifestyle? Nah. The history books won't be looking kindly on streamers and e-gamers.
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I loved the game until they made some change to better enable VR and it totally destroyed my gameplay.....THe game wouldnt load correctly anymore, and all I got was a white screen after the initial loading screen where you fly through the stars.
    edited April 2021
    I loved the game until they made some change to better enable VR and it totally destroyed my gameplay.....THe game wouldnt load correctly anymore, and all I got was a white screen after the initial loading screen where you fly through the stars.

I'd repair the game files if there's an option on PC somewheres [I play on Xbone]. It's one of those games that just kinda works for me with everything else going on in life. After my GW2/SWTOR dailies its just NMS for me lol.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

If your PC was built before this game initially launched in 2016 it might just be time for a few upgrades.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon