Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a cool idea.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited March 2021 in Ashes of Creation
Overall, developers are making a game to cause a lot of drama within.  Lot's of room for players to exploits others and take advantage of bugs of things not working right.  Add a lot of backstabbing.  

Actually, it sounds fun and maybe worth it just for that fun alone. 

I have an idea,
They should add Mobil chat, so you can watch the drama unfold at work on your phone :) 

Added bonus,
Make it so you can't respond until you log in to the game at home ...... That way you'll have to leave work early to stop the corruption going on in game. 

Pro tip for players,
Don't go to bed, that's when things will really happen to you !!!

Pro tip for developers,
- Charge an extra $20 to enable chat with no response on your phone.
- Charge an extra $20 to be able to do something about it.....Everyone will pay for that !
Call it an insurance policy. 

Ungood

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Not sure this ranks as the best idea you have had, but it makes for a good wind up. :)
    Po_ggUngood
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited March 2021
    Cryptic is/was waaay ahead of you on this one, delete... and it wasn't much of a success story.

Both the game access through mobile (SCA in Neverwinter), and the out-of-game chat was tried, tested, and removed at the end.
    You might say it's just one developer and ain't even the best one, so maybe a better team could make it work... I don't know.

The demand wasn't an issue, players (those few who knew about it, at least) liked both.

SCA was a browser/mobile access to Neverwinter's professions, companions, and in some part the gearing, you could play those systems/mechanics from anywhere. Part of its removal was due to some players exploited it.

Chat was even better, native XMPP support of the games' chat system.
    With an XMPP-supported client (mobiles have a few as well, originally Cryptic added it for Pidgin and Trillian) you could use the in-game chats (of all three games), both the default as well the custom channels like guild/fleet chat, etc.  while you weren't logged in to the game.

They removed it recently (1-2 years ago), without any valid reasoning so probably they were just incompetent to keep it in the game, similar to the removal of the Foundry...
    ScotGdemami
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited March 2021
    Po_gg said:
    Cryptic is/was waaay ahead of you on this one, delete... and it wasn't much of a success story.

Both the game access through mobile (SCA in Neverwinter), and the out-of-game chat was tried, tested, and removed at the end.
    You might say it's just one developer and ain't even the best one, so maybe a better team could make it work... I don't know.

The demand wasn't an issue, players (those few who knew about it, at least) liked both.

SCA was a browser/mobile access to Neverwinter's professions, companions, and in some part the gearing, you could play those systems/mechanics from anywhere. Part of its removal was due to some players exploited it.

Chat was even better, native XMPP support of the games' chat system.
    With an XMPP-supported client (mobiles have a few as well, originally Cryptic added it for Pidgin and Trillian) you could use the in-game chats (of all three games), both the default as well the custom channels like guild/fleet chat, etc.  while you weren't logged in to the game.

They removed it recently (1-2 years ago), without any valid reasoning so probably they were just incompetent to keep it in the game, similar to the removal of the Foundry...
    I have no concerns about out-of-game communication, but the limited access would only lead to people asking why they could not do more on mobile. And we know where that would be end up going.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I think we should take it one step further. How about you character not going offline when you log out? On your phone you can then see your character being beaten by a mob, robbed of all its loot in PVP etc. without being able to do anything about it. I think we are onto something here!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    delete5230Scot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2021
    lahnmir said:
    I think we should take it one step further. How about you character not going offline when you log out? On your phone you can then see your character being beaten by a mob, robbed of all its loot in PVP etc. without being able to do anything about it. I think we are onto something here!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You can pay someone to watch your character when your at work.

True story,
    Back in the early 80's someone told me this story where him and his friends went to see a ball game in NY City (Yankee stadium I believe).  With no parking anyplace close, they parked far away.  

A very small young kid approached them and said.... Mr. I'll watch your car for $10. His reply, I'll give you nothing !.......The guys friend cough a street gang eyeballing the event.... and said to him, you better pay the kid. 

They went to the game and returned to the car with the kid sitting on the hood, and with no damage to the car.

Money well spent :p
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Scot said:
    Not sure this ranks as the best idea you have had, but it makes for a good wind up. :)
    top 5 at least.
    delete5230Scot
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    CoE pitched this idea, and it seemed players loved it.
    delete5230
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.