Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tumultuous Times - Simurgh Recaps Recent Events With Saga of Lucimia

WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
edited March 2021 in Saga of Lucimia
Simurgh, an affiliate streamer for Saga of Lucimia, made a video yesterday sharing his thoughts on the recent events relating to Renfails departure from Stormhaven Studios. For anyone who hasn't been following along closely, he does a pretty diplomatic recap of the situation. Simurgh also includes a brief statement made by Renfail, which he was authorized to share publicly.

Do i hope the game is successful? Yeah, because you know what? We need games that have something unique, have an interesting vision that are going on. But something about it just feels really, really unfortunate and just kind of doesn't bode well in my mind if the person, whose vision this comes from, isn't even a part of the project anymore.
- Simurgh
Well said, I could not agree more.

--------------------------------------------
borghive49Renfail[Deleted User]

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    As much as I didn't like his conduct in public, he had some interesting ideas, not all of them of course, but some! Without him at the helm, I'm pretty much convinced this project will never release. 
    Renfail
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    What I want to know after reading this bit...

"I'd like to make the distinction that Tim and Joey aren't simply not involved, but are in fact no longer owners of Stormhaven Studios or connected to the company in any way as of today, March 15th."

... is who the owner as of March 15, 2021 is and why they have made no announcement about the new owner.

WellspringRenfail
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Usually when a company has shaky leadership the product will not be very good.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited March 2021
    tzervo said:
    If I were a backer I would be pissed at both Mr Anderson and what remains of Stormhaven Studio, with the lack of official announcement/update to these days.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Tim Anderson is also angry at what remains of Stormhaven Studios too.

Why else do you think he added cooking to his blog, right around the same time that he left the company? He's sending us all a message. He's been stewing, literally and figuratively, ever since! ;)
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188
    --------------------------------------------
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    tzervo said:
    If I were a backer I would be pissed at both Mr Anderson and what remains of Stormhaven Studio, with the lack of official announcement/update to these days.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Tim Anderson is also angry at what remains of Stormhaven Studios too.

Why else do you think he added cooking to his blog, right around the same time that he left the company? He's sending us all a message. He's been stewing, literally and figuratively, ever since! ;)

Don't forget steaming, basting, flambeing, boiling, frying and possibly even baking.  He is multi-talented, after all.  Maybe he's off crowdfunding a souffle.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.