One of the most notable additions is reworked single player launcher with curated content. The UI presents campaigns, premium, and community content in a cleaner manner. Beamdog is hosting curated community modules which can be played by simply clicking the download button in the lower right of the launcher.
Water has also been improved and looks really good. TrueType Fonts have been added and the UI can scale on decimal values. Additionally, many API functions have been tweaked or added to support these new features.
- A new game launcher UI that also includes a curated content repository, free for everyone (see below)
- Full TTF font support throughout the game, for clearer and more adaptive text rendering
- Fractional/floating-point UI scaling
- Better UI skinning
- Game/renderer performance improvements
- Renderer: soft particle support, blending with fog
- Water: Screen-space refractions and reflections
- Pathfinding improvements
- Visual Object Transform Lerping (smooth transitions)
- New advanced script commands
- Three new portraits sourced from the community portrait contest
- Hundreds of fixes and smaller features
Check out the patch notes article for more details and pictures! Patch notes on Steam for Development Patch 8193.21
. It's pretty exciting stuff and I love the effort and dedication Beamdog has put into one of my all time favorite games.
traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration