Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter Nights Development Build Adds Curated Content and More In New Patch

TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,161
edited March 12 in General Gaming
Beamdog just added a beefy new development update to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Even though they categorized this as a "regular update" it is feature packed.

One of the most notable additions is reworked single player launcher with curated content. The UI presents campaigns, premium, and community content in a cleaner manner. Beamdog is hosting curated community modules which can be played by simply clicking the download button in the lower right of the launcher.

Water has also been improved and looks really good. TrueType Fonts have been added and the UI can scale on decimal values. Additionally, many API functions have been tweaked or added to support these new features.

Patch Summary:
  • A new game launcher UI that also includes a curated content repository, free for everyone (see below)
  • Full TTF font support throughout the game, for clearer and more adaptive text rendering
  • Fractional/floating-point UI scaling
  • Better UI skinning
  • Game/renderer performance improvements
  • Renderer: soft particle support, blending with fog
  • Water: Screen-space refractions and reflections
  • Pathfinding improvements
  • Visual Object Transform Lerping (smooth transitions)
  • New advanced script commands
  • Three new portraits sourced from the community portrait contest
  • Hundreds of fixes and smaller features
Check out the patch notes article for more details and pictures! Patch notes on Steam for Development Patch 8193.21. It's pretty exciting stuff and I love the effort and dedication Beamdog has put into one of my all time favorite games.
traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

blueturtle13TokkenMMOCultcoretex666AlBQuirkyYashaX

Comments

• MMOCultMMOCult Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Might have to revisit NWN. Used to play that game all the time!
    TorvalAlBQuirkyYashaX
    Get the latest MMO news at MMOCult.com
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,788
    The pathfinding improvements are very welcome as is the UI scaling which makes a huge difference for a game of a certain age (not to mention those of us who play it)

TorvalAlBQuirky

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• markost22markost22 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I find the patch interesting, there are some good additions
    TorvalAlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,700
    The pathfinding improvements are very welcome as is the UI scaling which makes a huge difference for a game of a certain age (not to mention those of us who play it)

Pathfinding was such a headache more often than not, for me. I'd try to keep my party on one side of a doorway to draw an enemy over, and as that fight resolved, some party member moved into the room and triggered other monsters. I hope that party members will "stay put" in a strategic encounter :)
    Torval

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR