Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 Will Be Launching A New Permanent PVP Server TODAY 5/11/21

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
edited May 2021 in Everquest II
EQ2 is launching a new permanent PVP server. Last EQ2 podcast they said the company is ready to re-invest back into EQ and EQ2. There will be a beta period to root out any bugs that may pop up. Server will most likely be time locked before TSO when PVP was in its heyday. If you would like to join the EQ2 discord to give your opinions the devs are communicating with the community asking questions and taking feedback. 

EQ2 Discord Channel: pvp-server-to-be-named   https://discord.gg/3MyTvR3J

the Nathan NAPALM will be covering future information that is dropped as well. 
Post edited by Gyva02 on
[Deleted User]Rainy1

Comments

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    edited March 2021
    Server Name is: Tarinax
    Beta starts early April per their latest pod cast. Server talk takes place in the last few mins of the pod cast 
    https://anchor.fm/kanderscandor

Also Community Manager Dreamweaver posted here in post #131 
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/upcoming-pvp-server-info-issues.598304/page-7

Beta begins April 6th, Factions confirmed, Fame System confirmed. Will be launching Vanilla+DOF+KOS. Devs are actively seeking out and looking into balance issues. This is really shaping up to be a great server. Can't wait :) 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited March 2021
    Interesting that they are tapping into this market and it will be Qeynos, Exile and Freeport is it ?

edited March 2021
    That is correct, those are the 3 factions. Exile being the FFA faction that can even attack each other. Not confirmed yet but usually its +/- 4 (or maybe its 8 can't remember exactly now) levels from where you are that you're allowed to attack. So that's nice and helps to keep things a bit more fair and keeps level 70's from attacking level 10's. 

Besides hunting I always liked to gather and craft and on the PVP servers too. If you can get those materials back to market they are worth a lot more because of the risk. Just pick a Stealthy class and have fun being the mouse dodging all the cats haha... but no its a lot of fun imo and from judging the discord action its looking like there going to be a good turn out. Lots of folks saying their guilds are returning. 

Yeah give it a shot, its a lot of fun :) 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Its so old, its so clunky, its so ugly. Why? Why do I feel the need to play this (yet again)?......

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Theocritusitchmon
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

I am thinking of subbing all access and playing Everquest 2 actually. I loved that game a lot. I will try the normal servers this time as I only ever played those at launch and a year later than only the TLE server so playing on the normal server from start would be an experience I hope to enjoy.
    Gyva02

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just nonsense,this is nothing more than an attempt to create a fast cash grab.Another server reboot,this idea is sold old at this point and imo a waste of time.

Besides the rubbish server reboot idea what are they telling us,all their expansions were not investments?

If they want to know what some work looks like watch FFXI an older game with many updates to keep an old game alive.

All this team has been doing is investing most of it's time to the cash shop,like the pet system is ridiculous,more like selling collectibles.Half assing yoru game will never impress anyone and just creating a new server is half assing it.

Rainy1

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2021
    IDK what these rpg team members do in their off time but usually they seem to miss the boat on what is going on around them.

They SHOULD realize the population,typically a lot of soloists in rpg's.So you adopt a system like FFXI with the ability to make your own group with mercs.The merc system is also really poorly done.FFXI's merc system is 100x better.

Geesh even the way they do pet classes is very weak,similar to Wow and other rpg's.FFXI's pet classes are very strong,you actually feel like 2 separate players instead of one divided in to two.
    IDK what mindset goes through dev heads but they need to give their head a shake and realize the number one reason to play is FUN.Quit the mentality of RAIDS and HARDCORE.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

What isn't better in FFXI huh @Wizardry?

The game is also too big and spread around this is why older games should just die.I can't speak for others but i know i can't stand wasting time sorting bags for an hour and trying to find my destination for another 30+ minutes.
    I sometimes wonder if devs play their own games because they SHOUDL realize when something is cumbersome and FIX IT.

It isn't really too old at this point to CHANGE the cash shop housing idea,again greed will get you nowhere.Fix the game,make it better and people will gladly subscribe.You just have to show..prove you are putting in steady work to warrant a subscription,no free money is deserved.

So adopt housing plots,give players the ability to build their homes.Basically bring yoru rpg up to survival game standards,the early 2000 era is DEAD.

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    I never played EQ2, but PVP server has me intrigued.  I will follow this and keep it on my radar.

I will wait for launch and some reviews of course 
    I never played EQ2, but PVP server has me intrigued.  I will follow this and keep it on my radar.

I will wait for launch and some reviews of course 
    I always enjoyed EQ and EQ2 because they kept the "Fantasy" element in their games. It's all elves, dragons, magic, ect. None of that other nonsense that doesn't belong. So if that is your cup of tea you might enjoy it :) 
    Kyleranitchmon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    awww man, what's wrong with me? Totally downloading this again.

If the pvp server is interesting I'll make a new character there.
    Kyleranitchmon
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited March 2021
    Torval said:
    They tried this before with Nagafen (among a few others) and it ultimately failed. They had 3 factions. The Nagafen crew was continually disappointed by what they felt was neglect and being treated as a second class server. They would constantly troll the forums trying to goad players into joining the server, but the interest just wasn't there.

How will this new attempt be different and why will it succeed?

I miss EQ2 a lot. It was one of my all time favorite MMOs especially around 2008 - 2012. I am no fan of Daybreak though. I feel like they're dishonest and have been since the takeover. Same with SSG and their word games. Honestly, despite their occasionally annoying antics I miss SmokeJumper and Smedley and SoE. I liked how they ran the game overall.
    I think its 2 podcasts ago they said the company was "ready to re-invest back into EQ and EQ2" What that exactly means I don't know but I hope it means they are ready to throw man hours at the balancing/equipment issue's that were ignored in the past.

The screen shot above of Mint talking in discord asking users for these issues to be brought to his attention I hope is them finally wanting to do things right. (fingers crossed) I as well miss the good times that I had in 2007-2009 on the PVP servers. 
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Wah this got me interested in EQ2 too. Hmm I am getting a bit depressed with POE of late as I am taking longer and longer to level since I am dying a lot. May be EQ2 is just the ticket to take a break from POE.
    Gyva02Sovrath
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    It amazes me how often EQ and EQ2 can go to the "new server" well and not run it dry.....
    edited March 2021
    I think they have done a good job updating the graphics as the years have went on, this is not too bad really. 

itchmon
    ^^
    Yeah I just went in and after adjusting the graphics surprised how nice it still looks. I am quite excited and went looking at all the crafters I currently have and am trying to play now. This is actually quite a nice turn of events.
    Gyva02[Deleted User]Sovrathkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    EQ2 is still a really good game i play every year just stopped last month , ill be visiting the new server

Gyva02
    I am still grappling with UI and just basic stuff. I am on the Isle now. Playing an Erudite Necro and I am so lost, cannot remember a damn thing...age damn you stop killing my brain cells.
    ScorchienKyleran
    Chamber of Chains
    edited March 2021
    t0nyd said:
    I usually get around lvl 40 with a ton of AA then lose interest. Maybe pvp will help. I just wish the attributes didn't feel so homogenized. I also think there is a bit to many abilities and spells. I love the idea of changing abilities and spells through AA, like how you can do a melee inquisitor. I just wish there was an attribute difference between melee and caster inquisitors in platemail. 
    Progressing on a PVP server definitely keeps things much more exciting as you always have to be aware of your surroundings and keep on your toes. Activities like simple harvesting and gathering wont be so mundane anymore as you'll be spinning your camera and watching your tracking window (if you're a scout) constantly looking out for enemy players. 

Those boring "kill 10 rat" quests are now carefully planned and executed covert ops missions as you find your quest objectives, scout the area for enemies, take note of any get away routes you might need you get in get out, "Phewwww you made it excitement"

Then when you have finally got the hang of things and actually become the hunter lurking in the shadows ready to pounce on your prey it just brings a whole new excitement to the gameplay that I've come to love and EQ2 did it really really good during the beginning years where they are going to lock this new server at. 

(fingers crossed) they fix all the broken gizmos and thingamajigs, and dedicate time to make things right for us. From the communication they have given us so far it looks like this is the plan and they are going to do it :) 

Discord seems to be poppin, lots of excitement surrounding this server (unlike the craptastic seasonal pvp servers they tried a few years ago. Nobody wants to put time into something that's just going to get erased in a few months) Lots of folks saying their entire groups and guilds are coming back. The Russian players are even making Youtube videos announcing they are returning again. Just all in all this is really shaping up to be something great.

For those who are thinking about jumping in but have never played EQ2 PVP before I would suggest rolling a scout class that can stealth and track so you can move around much more easily and be able to better choose when you want to engage another player.

You have the main DPS classes Ranger/Assassin, The support Bards, Dirge with melee buffs, Troubador with mage buffs, the Swashbuckler that gets some AOE attacks, and the Brigand which also has great DPS and some debuffing utility. 

Post edited by Gyva02 on
    kitarad[Deleted User]TwistedSister77
    edited March 2021
    I really think this three faction split is the right fire to light under this game to get PvP going.
    Gyva02Scorchiencheyane

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    kitarad said:
    I really think this three faction split is the right fire to light under this game to get PvP going.

I thought WoW was the perfect game for the 3 faction split and it had the numbers to make it work....EQ2 I don't really feel it.
    I thought WoW was the perfect game for the 3 faction split and it had the numbers to make it work....EQ2 I don't really feel it.

:)