Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this a MMO or not?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
I cant get a clear answer on this. Its listed here as a MMORPG, but google brings up stuff saying the Developers said its not a MMORPG. So which is it?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

HyperpsycrowGdemami

Comments

• TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    They got a bunch of bots to vote it up to #1 "Most Hyped" game but there is 1 post...

This is trash.  Move along.
    HyperpsycrowChampie
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited March 2021
    In the first Closed Beta there were 20-player raids, but I think that it doesn't qualify for being a "MMO". It's simply a "multiplayer online" RPG.

Imo a MMO implies at least 150 players per zone (possibly more).
    Post edited by francis_baud on
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2021
    Apparently it is an instanced mmorpg. Not instanced like Vindictus, but each zone is segregated. It looks like cities will have up to 200 hundred players while other zones will hold up to 30 players each. I actually like that approach.

francis_baudAsheram[Deleted User]Margrave

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    In the first Closed Beta there were 20-player raids, but I think that it doesn't qualify for being a "MMO". It's simply a "multiplayer online" RPG.

The real question is "why there is a domain name mmorpg.com, with non-MMORPG content?"
    They should change the name and let someone else use it for real MMO.

francis_baudHero_AlphaChampie
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited March 2021
    Personally I don't mind if they post multiplayer RPG (or borderline MMO) news from time to time, as I understand they don't have tons of MMORPGs to cover nowadays, thanks in part to no new mainstream MMORPG released in the west in recent years. If they posted stuff about MOBA or FPS I would think it would be more problematic.
    Post edited by francis_baud on
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    cybersrs said:

The real question is "why there is a domain name mmorpg.com, with non-MMORPG content?"
    They should change the name and let someone else use it for real MMO.

Not as much MMO news as there used to be, would you rather they just let the site stagnate?
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.