Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 2 Resurrected Announced, PC Tech Alpha Sign Ups Live | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited February 19 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo 2 Resurrected Announced, PC Tech Alpha Sign Ups Live | MMORPG.com

Blizzard has announced Diablo 2 Resurrected for PC and console, featuring cross progression.

Read the full story here


«13

Comments

  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 3,292
    All this excitement like everyone forgot the cash grab Blizzard did with Warcraft reboot lol. Won't touch this shit until I see reviews.
    tzervoGdemamiNeoyoshipostofficetcup
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 6,450
    Viper482 said:
    All this excitement like everyone forgot the cash grab Blizzard did with Warcraft reboot lol. Won't touch this shit until I see reviews.
    Boy am I glad I was boycotting ActiBlizz at the time. I loved Warcraft 3 and would have preordered it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,986
    edited February 20
    Well it's clear that VV has done a FAR better job with this remaster than the WC3 team.  It at least 'looks' right.  I have to assume they didn't outsource the art to Asia like WC3 or if they did those outsourced artists were on tight leashes.

    It's too soon to be excited but it's promising.  The 2021 release date surprises me though.  It has the druid which means it should have the LoD expansion  as well.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,869
    Not a lot of footage, but what is there looks good.
    FrodoFraginscheyaneSovrathrojoArcueid
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,256
    God dammit. I've been waiting years for a remastered D2 which means I'll probably end up getting this despite my better judgement. Having your progress carry over from PC to console and vice versa is a nice addition, though.
    cheyane

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 62
    This is a bad remake, not a true remaster.
    FrodoFraginsGdemamiNephethHiromant
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,986
    edited February 20
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    This is a bad remake, not a true remaster.
    They are talking about it right now.  It's running on the same engine in terms of combat/logic (that code was never lost despite what people claim.  It was the art resources that were lost but they needed to be remastered anyway).  that means 25FPS  in terms of movement, attacks and such.  But higher FPS for rendering

    They changed the rendering and it's ridiculously faithful there.
    GdemamiNepheth
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 69


    Well it's clear that VV has done a FAR better job with this remaster than the WC3 team.  It at least 'looks' right.  I have to assume they didn't outsource the art to Asia like WC3 or if they did those outsourced artists were on tight leashes.

    It's too soon to be excited but it's promising.  The 2021 release date surprises me though.  It has the druid which means it should have the LoD expansion  as well.



    I liked the new art style for wc3 lol. It was the underlying broken game core that made me think wtf lol.
    MikeJezZ
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,986


    Well it's clear that VV has done a FAR better job with this remaster than the WC3 team.  It at least 'looks' right.  I have to assume they didn't outsource the art to Asia like WC3 or if they did those outsourced artists were on tight leashes.

    It's too soon to be excited but it's promising.  The 2021 release date surprises me though.  It has the druid which means it should have the LoD expansion  as well.



    I liked the new art style for wc3 lol. It was the underlying broken game core that made me think wtf lol.
    Did you think they looked like something Blizzard would ever design themselves?  They were competently made but lacked the stylized aesthetic of Warcraft designs.
    MikeJezZ
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member RarePosts: 1,520
    Excitement is free and carries no risk. There is no reason for me to delay that. Purchase is not so that's prudent for me to hold off on.

    At least it is something of potential interest for me to look forward to.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 9,077
    I remember playing the heck out of this game back in the day. Favorite was Necromancer. At max level you could clear entire dungeons in minutes by spamming poison nova over and over.
    Torvalcheyane
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Already signed up.
    cheyaneSovrath
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,986
    After watching the stream, I only have one complaint.  The character faces, and maybe the barbs body, don't look right at all.  They don't match the installation art that showed some classes nor other official art.  It won't matter once you're playing but it looks weird on the zoomed in screen where you start your game on a character.  
  • remsleepremsleep Member EpicPosts: 1,967
    This remaster to me looks better than D4

    I really loved D2 - if they do this right - I will quickly forget about D4
    ultimateduckGorwecheyaneZenerenMikeJezZMendel
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 577
    Nah gimme D4.
    TorvalMikeJezZ
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 355
    edited February 20
    I'm hoping, but not optimistic, that they will add further difficulty levels to the remake.

    I'm so tired of the alleged 'purists' defiant of any kind of change, be it positive or negative... Like SW purists getting mad that a puppeteer's bare arm was removed from a shot of The Empire Strikes Back... Or more recently, people threatening to boycott WC3 if they FIXED THE HORRIBLE PATHING. These people are poison.

    Normal-Nightmare-Hell just isn't enough for this genre, anymore. D2 survived among a small community of players because they like making new characters all the time... They can still attract people who want to stick with fewer characters, for longer periods of time, without hindering those others.
    Torval
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,986
    remsleep said:
    This remaster to me looks better than D4

    I really loved D2 - if they do this right - I will quickly forget about D4
    D4 has a LONG way to go.  The rogue combat looks too much like D3 combat and that rubs me wrong for some reason.  I'm not even sure why as I enjoy combat in D3.
    remsleepGdemamiHiromantMikeJezZ
  • TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Very important information that tgey didnt explained is future updates, Diablo 2 LoD at the moment is on version 1.14b. we get nee uodatez(new items, features etc) or not?
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member RarePosts: 794
    There is a 100% chance that I will play the crap out of this.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,869
    Tiller said:
    I remember playing the heck out of this game back in the day. Favorite was Necromancer. At max level you could clear entire dungeons in minutes by spamming poison nova over and over.

    I loved playing the Auradin. Something about radiating destruction was awesome. There were several classes/builds I liked though.

    Nah gimme D4.

    NGL I'm looking forward to that too. If this turns out well then it might be fun to revisit it. Hopefully the xpac is included and bugs are patched.
    Groqstrong
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 792

    goozmania said:

    I'm hoping, but not optimistic, that they will add further difficulty levels to the remake.



    I'm so tired of the alleged 'purists' defiant of any kind of change, be it positive or negative... Like SW purists getting mad that a puppeteer's bare arm was removed from a shot of The Empire Strikes Back... Or more recently, people threatening to boycott WC3 if they FIXED THE HORRIBLE PATHING. These people are poison.



    Normal-Nightmare-Hell just isn't enough for this genre, anymore. D2 survived among a small community of players because they like making new characters all the time... They can still attract people who want to stick with fewer characters, for longer periods of time, without hindering those others.



    It takes roughly 150 hours to go from 98-99 (no deaths average just about 2m30seconds a run). A normal person would probably get one in the 6 months between seasons if we are talking Battle.net play.

    There are more than enough ways to play this game to make a challenge.

    @frodofragins I thought so to until I rewatched it and it actually looks at a much slower speed more along the lines of D2 than D3. The movement is just in many of the attacks to make it look faster, but the Rogue wasn't plowing through all enemies as it initially looked like in the opener.
  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,367
    Extremely cautious due to WC3 Reforged debacle. I've lost faith in Blizzard entirely as Activision gobbles them up more and more, but heck... its Diablo 2... so of course I'm keeping my eye on it lol
  • remsleepremsleep Member EpicPosts: 1,967



    remsleep said:

    This remaster to me looks better than D4



    I really loved D2 - if they do this right - I will quickly forget about D4


    D4 has a LONG way to go.  The rogue combat looks too much like D3 combat and that rubs me wrong for some reason.  I'm not even sure why as I enjoy combat in D3.



    The thing is originally they were saying how D4 was going to be dark and grim themed - I look at this rogue play and I am like - it's D3 all over again - the dark and grim look is just not there, did they abandon this thematic direction already?

    Zeneren
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 103
    edited February 20
    blizz is so desperate. they have to bring back games made 15-20 years ago, bcz they cant do shit now. this company became just a clown who was once a king.
    FrodoFraginsgoozmaniaGdemamiashiru_1978Viper482
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,986
    kilun said:

    goozmania said:

    I'm hoping, but not optimistic, that they will add further difficulty levels to the remake.



    I'm so tired of the alleged 'purists' defiant of any kind of change, be it positive or negative... Like SW purists getting mad that a puppeteer's bare arm was removed from a shot of The Empire Strikes Back... Or more recently, people threatening to boycott WC3 if they FIXED THE HORRIBLE PATHING. These people are poison.



    Normal-Nightmare-Hell just isn't enough for this genre, anymore. D2 survived among a small community of players because they like making new characters all the time... They can still attract people who want to stick with fewer characters, for longer periods of time, without hindering those others.



    It takes roughly 150 hours to go from 98-99 (no deaths average just about 2m30seconds a run). A normal person would probably get one in the 6 months between seasons if we are talking Battle.net play.

    There are more than enough ways to play this game to make a challenge.

    @frodofragins I thought so to until I rewatched it and it actually looks at a much slower speed more along the lines of D2 than D3. The movement is just in many of the attacks to make it look faster, but the Rogue wasn't plowing through all enemies as it initially looked like in the opener.
    Hmm.  You may be right.
Sign In or Register to comment.