Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall's Release Is 'Very Close,' According To New Developer Interview | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,804
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    I wanted to ask something about this game. I want to try it but I am concerned that I might get scolded for being horrible at PvP.  I have gotten scolded in League of Legends and also in WoW Bgs.

I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 

I want to participate but not as a fighter in the front lines I like to may be buff and heal and support my fellow players and I was wondering if such a role is viable or must every player be able to fend off attacks on them.
    Don't play with randos, join a good guild or group of friends and you'll be fine, normally how I enjoy PVP games which I also don't excel at.

Get Gud.
    BTW that was a joke for those playing along at home.   On a scale of 1-10 my PvP skills are a 2.5.  I can beat AFK people.  Somehow I still have a ton of fun in PvP games.
    I knew we had something in common!
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 330
    edited February 20
    LynxJSA said:

Since "addiction" is a word that derails conversation, we probably should move away from that.

His point is correct. The current hodgepodge of activities in Crowfall has no "hook" to it. It doesn't have anything that really engages the player, only ridiculously grindy tasks and busywork.

The PVP does not seem compelling for many of the PVPers and the crafting/building content seems like it was designed to rival the release version of EVE Online's Planetary Interaction.

Crowfall seems less cohesive and less focused than it did 6 or so months ago. I have no idea what this game wants to be right now, I just know it isn't what they sold us on when they were doing the crowdfunding.

And then there is the Eternal Kingdoms, which is a whole other mess.

I thought CF was one of the less grindy MMORPG out there, players getting to max level in a matter of a couple of hours. In comparison, many MMORPGs make players kill mobs and harvest resources repetitively for a long time before getting to end-game.

Many players and guilds have been playing Crowfall for years. They likely find engaging elements in the game (harvesting, hunting mobs, crafting, building, character advancement, PvP/GvG/FvF, sieges, socialization, etc.).

Basically what they sold us during the KS was a PvP MMO with strategy elements (campaigns that have a beginning and an end, sieges with structure destruction, territory conquest) + the Eternal Kingdoms (map creation, city building, social hubs). That's pretty much what we seem to have now. Surely there are things they could add like free city building in the Dregs, larger maps, more interconnected EKs, etc. but they can always implement that after launch.
    tzervoKyleran
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,804
    kitarad said:
    I wanted to ask something about this game. I want to try it but I am concerned that I might get scolded for being horrible at PvP.  I have gotten scolded in League of Legends and also in WoW Bgs.

I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 

I want to participate but not as a fighter in the front lines I like to may be buff and heal and support my fellow players and I was wondering if such a role is viable or must every player be able to fend off attacks on them.

I last played the game the middle of 2020 so things may have changed, but my experience then was:
    1) There is a non-pvp world where you can safely learn your class and level up. 
    2) Crafting and gathering can be a big part of the game if you are into that sort of thing.
    3) There were a couple of good healing/buffing classes (Cleric, Paladin, Druid: of which the Cleric sounds like the kind of thing you are describing). 
    4) When you go into a pvp zone you will be attacked of course, but I found the combat to be quite forgiving, especially on a tanky healing class. Also the fights lasted a good amount of time- noone was one-shotting me for example.
    5) Like others have said, its best to play with a group but this is where I had a couple of issues: a) there were no social tools in game (like guild tabs, friends lists, active group finders, or guild finders) and b) there was only ever a couple of people online at the times I could play.

I found the lack of social tools particularly glaring considering the nature of the game. Compare that to Warhammer Online (and most other mmos!), which had a robust guild, grouping, and social framework. 
    francis_baudtzervo
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,380
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:

Don't play with randos, join a good guild or group of friends and you'll be fine, normally how I enjoy PVP games which I also don't excel at.

I don't expect to excel I do hope the guild I join is patient. I look after young kids (other people's) so I rush off at the drop of a hat. Not the best guildmate. Plus I am no spring chicken and I cannot endure lengthy hours in a chair. I know all this sounds dumb and one might ask why even bother to play. I just like how the game looks was just curious if I can randomly join and have fun is all.
    francis_baud

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 330
    kitarad said:
    [...] I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 
    Here's a 15vs15 as a Cleric Radical :

Usually if positioning correctly it's pretty forgiving (easy to disengage).
    kitaradKylerantzervo
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,380
    kitarad said:
    [...] I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 
    Here's a 15vs15 as a Cleric Radical :

Usually if positioning correctly it's pretty forgiving (easy to disengage).
    That looks like something even I could manage. Was not too bad thanks.
    francis_baud