Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play a LoFi Elder Scrolls MMO?

2»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 5,183
    I don't even play ESO, so... I don't think I would be enticed to play a LoFi version of it.

I mean if, if you are going to pitch a game, you need to put out more or something other than what has been put out already, this was the curse of the WoW Clones and Grinder Clones, is that they didn't offer anything different/better than what was already there.

So if all you would be able to offer is a ESO clone, why bother?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 4,349
    Just had a further thought, somewhat related.

Graphics sell games. Big studios have told us this repeatedly, we know its true, its why they invest so much money in graphics and are therefore unwilling to take risks on gameplay.

That's a business model that worked when you are selling a box, a one-off purchase.

I wonder whether the shift to games-as-a-service will see a shift to more investment in gameplay? Whilst graphics sell, gameplay retains.
    I think (investment change) in game play has now become a necessity. 

Once upon a time....