Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Can't Stop Playing Valheim | MMORPG.com

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,693
    Is this like ARK where there are public servers or is it single/private server only?  How many people can play together?
    There are no public servers, single player is hosted on your pc. 10 player co-op is on dedicated private servers.
    Cuddleheart
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,799
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:
    Love reading everyone's experiences in this game.

Join us... and together, we will rule the galaxy !

Err wrong movie... but you got the idea ;)
    Join us after launch and together we will rule a newly improved galaxy. ;)
    Yep, by then they'll probably be 20 islands / bosses, public servers, 12 classes, combat shotguns and star fighters.

;)
    Hopefully they won't go as far as the star fighters. :)

But there is money being pumped into this, though time is an issue in that they are not going to put huge amounts in if it launches this year. What we do know is launch will be a better game.
    Too late.  We already have Starships in Valheim:

A wooden millennium falcon fit for a viking
    AsheramremsleepScotJean-Luc_Picardtzervo

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

Yep, by then they'll probably be 20 islands / bosses, public servers, 12 classes, combat shotguns and star fighters.

;)

But there is money being pumped into this, though time is an issue in that they are not going to put huge amounts in if it launches this year. What we do know is launch will be a better game.

lol is that the millenium falcon?

GG4LIFE
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.
    Asheram

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• remsleepremsleep Member EpicPosts: 1,955
    edited February 23
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

If they don't fix AI by launch - the first thing I am gonna build is a huge 

AI SUCKS

Structure :)

Gonna put a workbench under A so that it counts as having a proper roof over it and can actually be used
    tzervoScot
  • GG4LIFEGG4LIFE Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited February 23
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

Gonna put a workbench under A so that it counts as having a proper roof over it and can actually be used
    QQ! I'm going to cry about a game's AI till I can't cry any more guys. They better have that AI that isn't that bad in EA fixed in a year or else I'll go cry about it in the game by building a big QQ!
    tzervo
    GG4LIFE said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

QQ!
    GG!
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

You really need help.  I'm gonna stop responding because I think this has gotten to an unhealthy state that I do not want to contribute to.  Good luck.
    GG4LIFEJean-Luc_PicardTorval

• GG4LIFEGG4LIFE Member UncommonPosts: 20
    remsleep said:
    GG4LIFE said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

QQ!
    GG!
    Yep! Valhelm is GG. Hope you get some help right away!
    edited February 23
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

You really need help.  I'm gonna stop responding because I think this has gotten to an unhealthy state that I do not want to contribute to.  Good luck.

You do realize I am joking right?

I am actually going to make a huge 

YOUR AI SUCKS

Structure and put a workbench under R so that it can be used - put a campfire under A - would be cool if i can set A I on fire to make a point :D

See Your makes it more personal - devs are more likely to notice and fix it

Take screenshots and email the devs individually.

(For anyone taking this seriously... lol)
    edited February 23
    GG4LIFE said:
    remsleep said:
    GG4LIFE said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

QQ!
    GG!
    Yep! Valhelm is GG. Hope you get some help right away!

I called Bonemass for help but he was too dumb to answer the phone

:/

/sad_trumpet
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 8,000
    lotrlore said:

so, this is a single player game right? i mean, if i want to play it alone, i can do it without annoying people stealing everything?

You can! Also, if you do play on a server, you can built Warding totems to essentially lock down your stuff from other players. We're all on a server together playing so it's mostly communal, but I do like there are some ways to protect your gear.

Also, flagging for PVP is as easy as a toggle in your inventory menu, so you don't have to worry about being killed by another player if you are flagged for PVE only.

Why even have PVP at all? It is just a nuisance. Just make a good PVE game and focus on that. I really don't want to play a game where I have to worry about what other players will do. If it comes down to a trust factor, and i don't trust other players. THis is why people are asking fi they can play solo and not have to deal with players, because other players can ruin the game.
    edited February 23
    lotrlore said:

so, this is a single player game right? i mean, if i want to play it alone, i can do it without annoying people stealing everything?

You can! Also, if you do play on a server, you can built Warding totems to essentially lock down your stuff from other players. We're all on a server together playing so it's mostly communal, but I do like there are some ways to protect your gear.

Also, flagging for PVP is as easy as a toggle in your inventory menu, so you don't have to worry about being killed by another player if you are flagged for PVE only.

Why even have PVP at all? It is just a nuisance. Just make a good PVE game and focus on that. I really don't want to play a game where I have to worry about what other players will do. If it comes down to a trust factor, and i don't trust other players. THis is why people are asking fi they can play solo and not have to deal with players, because other players can ruin the game.
    The idea is to play with your friends and just have fun.

If your friends turn PvP on and kill you... you got other problems.

The upside is you know where they live and can hopefully just go over to their place and like rough em up IRL (yes I am joking)

Seriously - if you don't have player trust on multiplayer servers - don't play on them.
    edited February 23
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

IKR, maybe if we all just mocked agreed with him and proclaim that "Valheim sux" he will lose steam and quit posting in valheim threads.

lotrlore said:

There essentially is no pvp unless you yourself activate it. They put it like that so if people wanted to make a server for consensual pvp they could.
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

IKR, maybe if we all just mocked agreed with him and proclaim that "Valheim sux" he will lose steam and quit posting in valheim threads.

The game doesn't suck though - nor have i ever said even once that it did.

lotrlore said:

PvP damage is by default off.  You literally have to go and manually turn it on each time you login.

As to why a PvE based game would have it...  well it turns on player damage.  That means friendly fire.  So positioning suddenly gets a whole lot more impactful.  
    AsheramTorval

remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

;)

Yup.

AI SUCKS

The game doesn't suck though - nor have i ever said even once that it did.

Ahh so you bought it finally? Awesome.
    Jean-Luc_Picard
    Asheram said:
    Ahh so you bought it finally? Awesome.

lol no - but I am not blind
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 2,049
    150 hours and climbing. I kind of hate myself for spending so much time in the game already, but my little mini version of Helm's Deep is nearing completion.

There's about 20 of us in our gaming circle. We all play WoW together. The 12 or so of them that aren't playing Valheim are super pissed at the rest of us. We've all been just raid logging, the rest of our game time is all in Valheim.
    remsleepJean-Luc_PicardAsheramTorval
    Stizzled said:
    150 hours and climbing. I kind of hate myself for spending so much time in the game already, but my little mini version of Helm's Deep is nearing completion.

There's about 20 of us in our gaming circle. We all play WoW together. The 12 or so of them that aren't playing Valheim are super pissed at the rest of us. We've all been just raid logging, the rest of our game time is all in Valheim.

Sounds like when my guild was all heavily into Terraria - 1000 hours later... hehe
    Some people can't stop playing Valheim.   Some people can't stop posting about it :)

Jean-Luc_PicardAsheram

Some people can't stop playing Valheim.   Some people can't stop posting about it :)

Some can't stop both ;)
    remsleep said:
    Stizzled said:

Sounds like when my guild was all heavily into Terraria - 1000 hours later... hehe
    Interesting how Valheim doesnt appeal to you, it takes alot of inspiration from Terraria.
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Stizzled said:

Interesting how Valheim doesnt appeal to you, it takes alot of inspiration from Terraria.

The game 100% appeals to me - how did you get the idea that it doesn't.

I am also a huge Zelda Breath of the Wild fan - and survival game fan and Minecraft fan.

Valheim has all the appeal it can possibly have for me.

Asheram
    Stizzled said:

Someone made a mod for this:

remsleeptzervo