Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No longer recruiting

BallantinesBallantines Member UncommonPosts: 16
edited March 2022 in New World
No longer recruiting
Post edited by Ballantines on
UngoodKyleran[Deleted User]KidRiskstrawhat0981FrodoFraginsklash2def[Deleted User][Deleted User]Tokken

Comments

• BallantinesBallantines Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited September 2021
    -- Recruiting for September beta and perhaps onward --
    Post edited by Ballantines on
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Care to be slightly more specific? Without knowing the details it sounds like another sh!t poster getting the boot and not liking it.
    Asm0deusSovrathIselinmklinicKyleranVrikastrawhat0981DiabhualYashaX

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Poster said "outside"game behavior.So yeah that doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless posted a YouTube video  that TN deemed inappropriate and the player name was shown.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yeah, we've never heard that one before you poor victim, you.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]strawhat0981
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2021
    So doing a bit of research i found out a few things.

So a Twitch streamer AnnieFushchia was auto banned for milking a cow which is perfectly fine.Asmongold got wind and contacted Amazon and they stated it was a mistake.
    So there you go more problems with the game.

So also making news the Syndicate was having players banned and nobody knows why.However it doesn't end there The Syndicate states these were automated bans but Amazon says they don't exist yet the AnnieFuschia ordeal proves otherwise.

Reading even more news from the past Amazon actually confirmed their pvp was creating a toxic environment and was part of their changes over the past year.

/clap /clap FINALLY a studio who does GET IT.You know how many studios have been flaming toxic players the past couple years and talking about cleaning it up.Well as i have stated a few times,these develoeprs are CREATING the problem then pointing fingers at the gamers,well at least Amazon acknowledges the real issue.

I have mentioned countless times that we should be catering to more friendly environments in gaming instead of constantly having players fight with each other and cause each other headaches.

I personally feel that TNW as far as pvp goes is about as good as your going to get from a bad idea but the PVE aspect of the game with boring quests and instancing..pfft crap.
    UngoodKidRiskSarla

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    No longer playing this game.

[Deleted User]KidRiskTokkenHengistklash2def[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Dunno what you did so you’d need to provide context.  As for me,  I’m having a blast in the game.  It’s not perfect,  but each day and night we have fun.  Trying not to get burned out before release so now I’m mostly trying new builds.  

Now if the game will hold my interest for more than a few months remains to be seen.  If the content stays as it is I suspect I’ll grow bored after a few months BUT, since they added most of this PvE in a year, it seems like a good sign that they can churn out content pretty fast.

We will see.

[Deleted User]KidRiskKyleranTokken

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    I'm enjoying the game, as a beta. I figure that the game is going to be successful, and will grow and change from what beta is now.

As for "outside" behavior getting you banned, I'd like to see a real example of something that has nothing to do with the game at all getting someone banned.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    The other day I asked NW and CF posters to try to be clearer in their posts as we are not all playing these games but want to know what is going on. Well here even people playing the darn games do not understand or are guessing at what the OP meant. Some details please.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    edited July 2021
    olepi said:
    I'm enjoying the game, as a beta. I figure that the game is going to be successful, and will grow and change from what beta is now.

As for "outside" behavior getting you banned, I'd like to see a real example of something that has nothing to do with the game at all getting someone banned.
    I am half wondering if they did something involving fraud with an Amazon.com purchase from the main company, like maybe a charge back, and all their accounts, including their game account, where shut down and banned because of it.

I know if you do a charge back to companies like Arennet, they will shut down every account you have linked to that credit card.
    SovrathKyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Ungood said:
    olepi said:

I am half wondering if they did something involving fraud with an Amazon.com purchase from the main company, like maybe a charge back, and all their accounts, including their game account, where shut down and banned because of it.

I know if you do a charge back to companies like Arennet, they will shut down every account you have linked to that credit card.

That might do it. Get into a conflict with the company that makes and sells the game. Or post falsehoods that appear designed to damage the company.

UngoodKyleran

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Lets just face the fact that unless the OP elaborates, we can all assume it was a legit ban.

And wtf is woke anyways? People keep throwing that term around when they don't like the fact that they are held accountable for their lack of ethics and morals. Next we will hear bank robbers complaining that the bank tellers are too woke because they called the police on them lol.
    IselinFrodoFragins[Deleted User]Mendelklash2defSovrathYashaXWaanmklinic
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited July 2021
    That word "woke" gets thrown around so much now-a-days.  Kinda of sick of it. lol
    IselinFrodoFraginsMendelTillerklash2defSovrathKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Tiller said:
    Lets just face the fact that unless the OP elaborates, we can all assume it was a legit ban.

And wtf is woke anyways? People keep throwing that term around when they don't like the fact that they are held accountable for their lack of ethics and morals. Next we will hear bank robbers complaining that the bank tellers are too woke because they called the police on them lol.

Been saying this for years. That entire crowd just doesn't want to be held accountable for their shitty actions. 
    Sovrath[Deleted User]
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

Woke is the new word of the "kewl kids" gang apparently. As well as "boomer" I think.
    Some people need to feel they are part of something bigger than them ;-)
    Truth be told I often don't even grasp the context the word is referencing.

I keep having to Google it for definitions to frame how it's being used.

Eh, it's a "boomer" thing I guess.

Sovrath[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    "Woke" is just the term  for the new wave of social justice warriors, especially referring to the twitter horde that gets offended by almost everything then goes on crusades to destroy your youtube/twitch or w/e platform you use lots that grabbed their attention.

I guess woke came about because most woke SJW have even thinner skin than the previous generation did.

The term "boomer" is a corruption of the term baby boomer except boomer applies to anyone that is like 5 or 10 years older than the one using the term or as an insult meaning to say you're an old fart out of touch and you should go back to your cave.

As if being old is something to be insulted about....lol
    IselinKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    "Woke" is just the term  for the new wave of social justice warriors, especially referring to the twitter horde that gets offended by almost everything then goes on crusades to destroy your youtube/twitch or w/e platform you use lots that grabbed their attention.

I guess woke came about because most woke SJW have even thinner skin than the previous generation did.

The term "boomer" is a corruption of the term baby boomer except boomer applies to anyone that is like 5 or 10 years older than the one using the term or as an insult meaning to say you're an old fart out of touch and you should go back to your cave.

Nah. I think i's just a code word so that Proud Boy wannabes can identify each other when using it and then they know who to brigade with.
    SovrathYashaXklash2def
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Asm0deus said:

Nah. I think i's just a code word so that Proud Boy wannabes can identify each other when using it and then they know who to brigade with.
    "OK Google, who are the Proud Boyz?"

;)
    Asm0deus

edited July 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Asm0deus said:

"OK Google, who are the Proud Boyz?"

;)
    Depends on who you ask. According to the Canadian government, a terrorist entity:

https://apnews.com/article/canada-proud-boys-terrorist-group-510b8cd8286f1207a726904f61e63e4d

But I'm just talking about the wannabes :)
    Asm0deus

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• VzioNVzioN Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I have a lot of hours into new world Starting at alpha. Although new world is a great game for what it is. I haven't looked back since trying new genesis. 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited July 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Woke is the new word of the "kewl kids" gang apparently. As well as "boomer" I think.

Nothing to do with being a boomer or kewlness.

It’s a term that fox news and similar propagandists started to weaponize in earnest from around late January 2021, along with terms like cancel culture and critical race theory. 

There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that consume that kind of media, and it is fascinating to see them suddenly start to adopt these terms and ideas in their posts.

Tiller[Deleted User]Iselin[Deleted User]klash2def
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:

It’s a term that fox news and similar propagandists started to weaponize in earnest from around late January 2021, along with terms like cancel culture and critical race theory. 

There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that consume that kind of media, and it is fascinating to see them suddenly start to adopt these terms and ideas in their posts.

Ehh... I see it all around.  I see it on the left and the right.  Terms like Woke and Boomer are used to create the Us vs Them mentality.  The more categories we can divide people into the more we can be sure to keep fighting.

Our real enemies are laughing at us while they keep instigating it.

KyleranBrautigan

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:

Ehh... I see it all around.  I see it on the left and the right.  Terms like Woke and Boomer are used to create the Us vs Them mentality.  The more categories we can divide people into the more we can be sure to keep fighting.

Our real enemies are laughing at us while they keep instigating it.

Now you are starting to sound like Tom Macdonald.

;)

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Tokken said:
    That word "woke" gets thrown around so much now-a-days.  Kinda of sick of it. lol

It is heavily used but also frequently apt. I expect that use will remain heavy, but hope it will decline in genuine applicability in time.
  • BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    VzioN said:
    I have a lot of hours into new world Starting at alpha. Although new world is a great game for what it is. I haven't looked back since trying new genesis. 

Good for you...meanwhile I cannot stand Asian MMOs and their art style so here we are.