Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old School RuneScape Is Coming To Steam In February | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited January 29 in News & Features Discussion

imageOld School RuneScape Is Coming To Steam In February | MMORPG.com

Fresh off the news that Jagex, the company behind RuneScape was bought by The Carlyle Group, the Old School variant of the MMORPG is coming to Steam this year. The Steam version of Old School RuneScape is planned for a February 24th release on the platform.

Read the full story here

Comments

• oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I would love to play OSRS on Steam, but it'd be way too hard to switch back to the official client.
    I've been using OSBuddy and RuneLite for so long... The QoL improvements in the 3rd party clients have become essential to my enjoyment in the game.

Looking back at the announcement tweet from last year, the tweet from today, and the newly opened Steam forums for OSRS, it seems like I am not the only one with that thought in mind.

I flirted with the idea of them utilizing the Steam Workshop system to allow players to publish and use 3rd party clients.
    But then I came to the realization that'd never happen because 3rd party clients are actual executables that can be malicious, and not just game assets like most Workshop content on Steam is.

To me this is an odd release. Basically, playing the game on Steam would be a massive downgrade to people who are currently using RuneLite. Which are the majority of players.
    Scot
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 719

oriya9 said:

I would love to play OSRS on Steam, but it'd be way too hard to switch back to the official client.

I've been using OSBuddy and RuneLite for so long... The QoL improvements in the 3rd party clients have become essential to my enjoyment in the game.

Looking back at the announcement tweet from last year, the tweet from today, and the newly opened Steam forums for OSRS, it seems like I am not the only one with that thought in mind.

I flirted with the idea of them utilizing the Steam Workshop system to allow players to publish and use 3rd party clients.

But then I came to the realization that'd never happen because 3rd party clients are actual executables that can be malicious, and not just game assets like most Workshop content on Steam is.

To me this is an odd release. Basically, playing the game on Steam would be a massive downgrade to people who are currently using RuneLite. Which are the majority of players.

Maybe its just a marketing thing, trying to get some attention from the new younger gamers.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote