Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does Andrew seem to skate by with no criticism?

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 15,351
So Mark partnered with Andrew Meggs (sp?) when he formed Citystate.  Andrew was supposed to be the programming genius that would create the engine for Camelot Unchained.  As we are now in 2021 and still working on the engine,  why does Andrew never get any blame?  Were HIS estimates so poor or did he tell Mark it would take 8 years and Mark just decided it could be done in 18 months?  Has anyone ever asked?  Has he ever been interviewed?   He is a partner in the company...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

meddyck

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,379
    Because we're lazy. We already have enough people to adequately blame someone, and can't be bothered to look for more people to blame.
    [Deleted User]Sovrath

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 40,766
    One does not criticize the golden boy, all hail the golden boy.

Unlike a certain other indie game dev lead we know, Mark almost never throws any of his team (publically) under the bus, instead taking full responsibility for any and all follies..

It's one trait Mark has which still garners some bit of respect from me despite his other shortcomings.

[Deleted User]Slapshot1188Ungood[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing ESO - Blackwood at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 15,351
    Kyleran said:

Unlike a certain other indie game dev lead we know, Mark almost never throws any of his team (publically) under the bus, instead taking full responsibility for any and all follies..

It's one trait Mark has which still garners some bit of respect from me despite his other shortcomings.

Well there is something to be said for the whole “The buck stops here” mentality but in this case it seems like the engine is the root cause of all the delays.
    ILLISET

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,146
    Kyleran said:

The mark of a true and good leader.

Just kinda wish he didn't slog it in the trenches with the filthy masses, it tarnishes him so.
    Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2021
    I think at this point ,does it really matter anymore?

This guy obviously conned people on a fake pipedream and the game will never release as anything worth supporting.

Even if Mark or whomever can release a game,how does it make money long term to grow to get better?
    Whatever game is finally released it will NOT be worth paying any money to play over and above some small selling price of maybe $30.
    It always gets me how stupid people are with cash shop gaming.You really want a developer to spend time NOT developing a game but instead spend time micro selling very small items one by one for ridiculous prices?

KyleranWalkinGlenn

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited February 2021
    Its sad that the state of MMORPGs is where it is at today.  There is nothing to look forward to, nothing to be excited about.  Nothing to play in the genre.  We simply find other genres to play, or go back and play 13+ year old games.  Truly a terrible time.