Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II Gets New Race in Reign of Shadows Expansion | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageEverQuest II Gets New Race in Reign of Shadows Expansion | MMORPG.com

EverQuest II's Reign of Shadows expansion is live, and it comes with a welcome addition of a new playable race, the Vah Shir. The expansion not just introduces a new playable race, but has a ton of new features as well, including 10 new Reign of Shadows prestige abilities, an increased Maximum Guild Level, a new Adventure and more.

Read the full story here

Amathe

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Didn't even realize, don't play EQ nor EQ2 much anymore, that the Vah Shir weren't in EQ2 yet. I'd think it is about time.
    xpsync
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Argghh gonna have to jump back in EQ 2 now :)
    xpsyncNyghthowler
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Wish my friends would play again, love me some EQ2!
    xpsync

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

Scorchien said:

I've also been getting that itch again, lately.
    But part of me doesn't want to be disappointed after going to the trouble to re-install the game, only to find I had been lured back by rose colored memories...
    xpsync
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Wish my friends would play again, love me some EQ2!

Same here. Was in a large and super nice guild, but it just fell apart over the years.
    xpsync
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Oh yeah right the Vah Shir weren't in EQ2. They came out in Shadows over Luclin in Everquest , wow so many years later they come to Everquest 2. Which is a bit odd no? Since Everquest was 500 years before Everquest 2 so shouldn't they already be part of EQ2?
    xpsyncMendelAmathe
    Chamber of Chains
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    cheyane said:
    Oh yeah right the Vah Shir weren't in EQ2. They came out in Shadows over Luclin in Everquest , wow so many years later they come to Everquest 2. Which is a bit odd no? Since Everquest was 500 years before Everquest 2 so shouldn't they already be part of EQ2?

EQ2 already elevated the Rat people from the Plane of Disease into a playable race, the Ratonga.  That was the POP expansion, which came after the Luclin expansion.  Go figure.

They called the cats, but they just now showed up.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Scorchien said:

But part of me doesn't want to be disappointed after going to the trouble to re-install the game, only to find I had been lured back by rose colored memories...

ofc a new expansion would grab my attention. ofc it'll bring back some of the best gaming memories i have. ofc i'll feel like returning. Nastaglia and Rose Tint's are real.

Been there done that too many times to fall in to that trap again.

I've downloaded, installed logged in and yeah it's like if you've not played it for a long time it's just too much, too many old systems, to much junk to wade through more less, the game really needs to be cleaned up.

So gald it's still around for fans though.
    Mendelcheyane[Deleted User]JeroKaneRandomCasualty
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Very cool.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    xpsync said:

Scorchien said:

ofc a new expansion would grab my attention. ofc it'll bring back some of the best gaming memories i have. ofc i'll feel like returning. Nastaglia and Rose Tint's are real.

I've downloaded, installed logged in and yeah it's like if you've not played it for a long time it's just too much, too many old systems, to much junk to wade through more less, the game really needs to be cleaned up.

That is exactly it I log in and then I panic when I see my higher level character and wonder god what does this skill do and how did I manage all these skills. I had one of the ranger characters that had high level alchemy for poisons to coat my arrows with. Don't quote me on this as none of the character classes  or crafting skills are correct probably.., forgotten everything. I had almost every craft because of my housing fetish and like may  be 10 -12 characters with very high level crafting on Freeport and Qeynos because hey must have a house on both sides decorated to the nines. So you can imagine how cluttered each character is.

So inevitably I start over with another toon than I quit halfway through because it gets all too much for me because I get greedy and want to make a crafter of every type. It's a never ending cycle which I can still be persuaded to do on and off and last time was a few years ago with the Time Locked Expansion servers.
    xpsync[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

cheyane said:

xpsync said:

Scorchien said:

That is exactly it I log in and then I panic when I see my higher level character and wonder god what does this skill do and how did I manage all these skills. I had one of the ranger characters that had high level alchemy for poisons to coat my arrows with. Don't quote me on this as none of the character classes  or crafting skills are correct probably.., forgotten everything. I had almost every craft because of my housing fetish and like may  be 10 -12 characters with very high level crafting on Freeport and Qeynos because hey must have a house on both sides decorated to the nines. So you can imagine how cluttered each character is.

So inevitably I start over with another toon than I quit halfway through because it gets all too much for me because I get greedy and want to make a crafter of every type. It's a never ending cycle which I can still be persuaded to do on and off and last time was a few years ago with the Time Locked Expansion servers.

OH I hear you.

Then on top of that, all the different types of servers. I would only consider a return if there was much more stability as i a classic type server. OG EQ2 done! #nochanges

The game was so deep (as you know) you could spend decades playing it and never cover it all, was so deep.
    cheyane
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664

cheyane said:

xpsync said:

Scorchien said:

Lol every now and then i log in, run around in circles a few times, dont know where or what to do and kind of log out. Nice to see my character, see the view and go away, dont think anyone i know plays anymore and dont think i know HOW to play anymore lol
    xpsynccheyaneMendel
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

xpsync said:

Scorchien said:

THIS!

So glad it wasn't just me when I tried. Plus my eyesight has obviously gone down hill over the 16 years and even with glasses I'm squintting at buff icons (if I cant even tell what they are lol!)
  • ChrysaorChrysaor Member UncommonPosts: 111
    They announced that they will have a new owner in 2021. Will be interesting to see if they invest in the franchise.