Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I run it !

Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,116
I'm in fart around mode in gaming, messing with things. Occured to me I never tried EQ2 on my computer I built earlier this year.

My current spcs
R5 3600x
16gigs ddr 4 3200ghz
rx580 8 gig

Can it be done, max settings ? :) 

- abandoning social media could possibly save the world.  

blueturtle13cheyane

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,863
    edited December 2020
    Pretty much, yes. There might be a few fringe settings you can't run at max, but they don't add anything to the visuals in my opinion, just extra processing draw for no gain.

I have a very similar system (3700X, 32GB at 3600, SSD, 1660ti w/ 6GB) and I can crank it. My last system could even do it but not quite at max because the i7/4790 and GTX970 struggled in a few cases.
    blueturtle13cheyanexpsyncMars_OMG
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,758
    Mars_OMG said:
    I'm in fart around mode in gaming, messing with things. Occured to me I never tried EQ2 on my computer I built earlier this year.

My current spcs
    R5 3600x
    16gigs ddr 4 3200ghz
    rx580 8 gig

Can it be done, max settings ? :) 

For one, Awesome for giving the game a go again. One of the better PvE mmorpgs on the market still in my opinion. 
    Second, as Torval said you can run it no issues.
    I would normally say lower the shadows but honestly the 580 is a good card and it should muscle through since it is the 8 gig model. 
    Hopefully you have an SSD to install it on because it really made a noticeable difference for me with so much zoning in the cities. 
    Have fun!
    cheyanexpsyncMars_OMGTorvalAmathe

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 7,688
    I absolutely love the housing in EQ2
    xpsyncMars_OMGMendelkitaradAmatheblueturtle13
    Chamber of Chains
  • Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,116
    maxed out 60fps solid. :) 
    Torvalblueturtle13
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.