Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last Epoch Releases a Huge Patch - New Rogue Class, Balancing, and a New Chat System Are Go | MMORPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageLast Epoch Releases a Huge Patch - New Rogue Class, Balancing, and a New Chat System Are Go | MMORPG.com

Eleventh Hour Games has released two patches this week that have culminated in quite a big step forward in the development of the early access title Last Epoch. Beta Patch 0.8 and Patch 0.8B provide quite a few delectable patch notes that Last Epoch's hack and slash fans will surely gobble up.  

Read the full story here

Comments

• enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Single player... such a sad move...
    Radoo
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    edited December 2020

Is single player just for now or is this all that is planned after release as well?
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

boris20 said:

Is single player just for now or is this all that is planned after release as well?

Was supposed to be multiplayer.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

kilun said:

boris20 said:

Was supposed to be multiplayer.

That's what I was thinking. I haven't read up on it in months, was wondering if I missed an announcement that it was going single player only.
  • synthostarssynthostars Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Multiplayer is planned. It just hasn't been implemented yet. On their steam store page they have a road map of sorts showing things they have added and things they plan on adding.
    URMAKER
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Torval said:

I think this is such a great game. I like it even more than Wolcen. They're my top 2 right now.

Im leaning to Wolcen right now , with its new update so smooth , action is great ..And end game is better .. Epoch still feels clunky .. and a ways to go .. I do really like the new Rogue class so far ..

[Deleted User]
    edited December 2020
    Torval said:
    Scorchien said:

Torval said:

I think this is such a great game. I like it even more than Wolcen. They're my top 2 right now.

Im leaning to Wolcen right now , with its new update so smooth , action is great ..And end game is better .. Epoch still feels clunky .. and a ways to go .. I do really like the new Rogue class so far ..

I go back and forth between the two for different reasons depending on how I'm feeling. I've been with Wolcen for a while now through ups and downs. I don't get the hate for it. I understand the frustration at some of their stumbles and setbacks but it's very solid and what I want out of an ARPG.

Have you tried the latest update , really great improvements and additions acroos the board .. I rolled up a noob and having a blast ..

And i roll thru them all, really like a good arpg .. Was just going thru Warhammer Chaosbane amd Inquistor also before the uodates to Wolcen and Epoch hit ....Both of those are really fun now also
    [Deleted User]URMAKER
  • RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 577

boris20 said:

It will be multiplayer. The patch brought the version to 0.8 and it will be multiplayer before it releases with 1.0. The game runs well and plays well and has some very interesting systems. If it was single player only it would still be good but thankfully multiplayer will be in before launch. They just removed the global chat to redesign it for the impending multiplayer player patch.
    boris20
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Lat Epoch is okay but the combat isn't that well done yet. I mean they are still polishing it so it should get better as the game progresses. I like the game what little I played of it and I bought the game some time back so support its development.

• NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45
    why does the first though i had after watching that video "is this poe expansion" ?
    remsleep said:
    Epochs combat just doesn't feel right to me. They have long ways to go to make it smooth and not so damn wonky.

I mean this to me is one thing that ARPGs cannot afford to screw up - combat

agree, but it as also improved each and every update , so they are adrressing it .. slowly but .. getting there
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited December 2020
    Scorchien said:
    remsleep said:
    Epochs combat just doesn't feel right to me. They have long ways to go to make it smooth and not so damn wonky.

I mean this to me is one thing that ARPGs cannot afford to screw up - combat

agree, but it as also improved each and every update , so they are adrressing it .. slowly but .. getting there
    Actually Path of Exile when it was first released or some time during the beta may be but man the combat was not good in that either but they improved so much that when I tried it again a few years later it was so much better. So things can definitely improve.
    Scorchien

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Lacks the flair of Wolcen and its impactful combat but is an improvement in every other area. This is turning into one excellent game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer