Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest's 27th Expansion Includes A $250 Version, Coming December | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• xpsyncxpsync Member RarePosts: 1,576
    Prepared said:

xpsync said:

27 OMG!

27 years old yikes!

But how can that be as wow invented the genre 16 years ago?

It's the 27th expansion in 21 years. Not 27 years old.

xpsync said:
    27 OMG!

27 years old yikes!

IDK WoW does all kinds of magic.  Like for example why is Lich King's horse called invincible even though I can see him?  Makes no sense.

lmao, thanks!!! tbh i wasn't thinking, all i wanted was to make that comment, used to drive me insane that so many people thought it all started with wow.

Yeah never know right, could be a time travel thing actually... hmmmm... YEP!!! headache coming on lol
    There are two ways of arguing with a woman, and neither one works. - John Marston

Currently Playing; SWG:Legends, Wow r/c, DoS2
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,174
    remsleep said:
    kitarad said:
    I am so happy I was part of this game from the very beginning. It is great to realise that something you absolutely loved lasted this long.

For me EQ1 died a long time ago - what the game is today is so far removed from what the game originally was, not sure how one can even see it as the same game anymore. 

It's much different, and community is gone unless you raid, but it's still easy to wax nostalgic.
    Actually you don't even have to bring nostalgia into it at all. People play on the TLP servers and have just as much fun today doing Kunark/Velious and the old content as they did back when it came out.

In fact the TLP servers are the most popular. 
    kitarad

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,895
    xpsync said:
    27 OMG!

27 years old yikes!

IDK WoW does all kinds of magic.  Like for example why is Lich King's horse called invincible even though I can see him?  Makes no sense.

Invincible = cant kill it
    Invisible = cant see it
    xpsyncAmatheMendelkitaradphoenixfire2
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,895
    "Lifetime subscriptions, with the entire game accessible, used to be cheaper than that, FFS.."

Did LoTROs original lifetime sub also include all future expansions for free or just not having to ever pay a sub again?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,376
    "Lifetime subscriptions, with the entire game accessible, used to be cheaper than that, FFS.."

Did LoTROs original lifetime sub also include all future expansions for free or just not having to ever pay a sub again?
    Originally (during the subscription era) it only meant no sub ever again, since there were no other paywalls within the game. Expansions weren't included.

After the f2p switch, while technically expansions still aren't included, in practice you can get them for free through your monthly stipend.
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    xpsync said:
    27 OMG!

27 years old yikes!

Invisible = cant see it

Like I said makes no sense, why would they even call him invincible if you can see him?
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 4,249
    xpsync said:
    27 OMG!

27 years old yikes!

Invisible = cant see it

Like I said makes no sense, why would they even call him invincible if you can see him?

Now, toss in intangible, and you'll end up with M.C. Hammer.  Can't Touch This.

phoenixfire2

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.