Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Games

Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,532
edited November 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
My son found something called Core Gmes by Manticore Games which is:

Core is an endless universe of games and worlds designed by a global community of creators. It's a radically accessible game construction kit, content exchange, and game-playing platform, all in one. With Core, you can create multiplayer games, using the power of Unreal Engine, with no coding or art skills required. When you're ready to share your creations, publish them to the Core platform where they'll be instantly available to play.
Core is like having an entire game studio in your hands. It gives you the power of Unreal Engine; lets you access hundreds of free, high quality music, sound, and art assets; and enables you to bring immersive, multiplayer worlds to life.

My boy has been playing this a couple days and seems to be enjoying it and he likes how he can pop into a completely different type of game quickly and he says the quality is not as good as a traditional game with it's own client it's still pretty good. Right now he is enjoying Kingdom Fall and Mergelandia.

Have any of you tried this "platform" and what are your thoughts?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

AlBQuirkytzervo

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,882
    Didn't PS4 have something similar? I'm trying to recall the name, but it was not quite like this, but more of a creation tool that players/customers could share and play in. One person (maybe more than one?) modeled Minas Tirith from The Lord of the Rings movies in 3D.

Had to Google this: Dreams! (The Verge Linkie): https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/14/21136244/dreams-ps4-game-creation-tool-exposure-problem-curation-media-molecule

Your son's find sounds interesting. I'm going to look into this :)

Asm0deustzervo

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• cameltosiscameltosis Member EpicPosts: 3,061
    Haven't tried it myself but sounds a lot like Metaplace (Raph Koster's attempt to create a Ready Player One universe back in 2008).
    AlBQuirkyAsm0deus