Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV Teases Next Update 5.4 Futures Rewritten | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV Teases Next Update 5.4 Futures Rewritten | MMORPG.com

Square Enix has teased the next Final Fantasy XIV chapter, Patch 5.4 - Futures Rewritten. A ton of new content will be provided, such as a new raid dungeon, new quests, and updates to performance as well as many others. Futures Rewritten is planned for release in December.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CosmicwrathCosmicwrath Member UncommonPosts: 20
    "New" raid. "New" quests. "New" content. Lol. Sure.
    Buschkatze
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976

This is your second post in elven years, we are expecting more from you than that in the next elven. :)
    Cosmicwrath
  • VezlinVezlin Member UncommonPosts: 35
    It's patches like this that make me glad to keep the sub going. A lot comes out at once, and it somehow stays surprising. I had no idea what Explorer Mode was until looking it up in the patch info, and I'm still not sure what a Large Scale Battle is, though maybe that's PvP? But those are called Frontlines??? Maybe it's a Bozja part two, but whatever it is: cool.

It's just nice to have a game where a lot of content comes steadily, at once, and I actually feel like I can see the vast majority of it as a casual player. Excited for this to drop, and for the build to whatever the next (main plot finale?) expansion is.
    Buschkatze
  • HarukoHaruko Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Nice! I started to play this game a few days ago as a free player. I hope I enjoy the new patch.
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Does t ever feel mmorpg. Lazier than gw2. Most animations are just emote poses over dialog. Pretty bori g title in general.
    BuschkatzeCosmicwrath
  • m0slm0sl Newbie CommonPosts: 2

Nanbino said:

Does t ever feel mmorpg. Lazier than gw2. Most animations are just emote poses over dialog. Pretty bori g title in general.

Same here. I walked through the main scenario, went into some dungeons and tower, until the start of the 1st DLC's questline and then I left even though I bought full game with all upgrades.

I really like the story, dungeons, side-quests and the tower system but still... Too boring and... clunky? I know that the game is probably good and there's tons of really fine content. But I just can't get myself to go further.

Is anything wrong with me? Maybe I should view the game from another viewpoint? I really want myself to like it but damn...
    BuschkatzeCosmicwrath
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited November 2020
    "Performance Update"

Tell me more..

m0sl said:

Is anything wrong with me? Maybe I should view the game from another viewpoint? I really want myself to like it but damn...

FFXIV is a game you play for the story first (including world, lore, etc.), gameplay content second.

The combat to me is just barely passable in this day and age. Carbon copy of vanilla WoW essentially, when mostly all other MMORPGs released in the last decade have action combat.

The start of FFXIV is VERY SLOW, and I don't just mean the story/filler quests (which they reduced), but the combat too. The 1-50 combat experience alone is enough to make people quit, because it's the slowest auto-attack based combat of any MMORPG ever released. It feels like you're trying to run through tar.

If that slow combat was your main barrier to enjoyment, well, I'll tell you right now to play Monk (Pugilist) because it's the fastest gameplay while leveling, whereas Ninja (Rogue) gets fast around level 50 and Bard (Archer) gets multiple oGCD skills later along with a limited speed increase as well.

Another thing is the server lag. There is built in ~300ms movement latency ontop of the server processing delay/congestion. The animations don't match up to when skills take effect. ie; if you run out of an AoE before it VISUALLY goes off, but not before it ACTUALLY completes, then you'll get hit no matter where you are, even if you can teleport across the entire map. Add the movement latency to it and, well, you'll notice lots and lots of people actually get hit by AoEs fairly regularly. This disconnect is another factor to the 'jank' feeling of combat and is something we all suffer.

But yeah, story story story. If you want a story driven game; FFXIV. If you want anything else, find another MMO. (then again, the endgame raids, notably extreme/ultimate difficulty, are a pretty great experience.. if you don't try to PUG them)
    Buschkatze
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Scot said:

This is your second post in elven years, we are expecting more from you than that in the next elven. :)

You watch when people registered based on their number of posts?

I may have a few comments, but I'm sure you're going to look at when I registered and I have a newslash for you. I have been registered not only for elven years, but dwarven and orcish years as well.
    BuschkatzeCosmicwrathDAOWAce
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976

Scot said:

You watch when people registered based on their number of posts?

I may have a few comments, but I'm sure you're going to look at when I registered and I have a newslash for you. I have been registered not only for elven years, but dwarven and orcish years as well.
    I don't care when you joined, just post.

This may come as a shock to you but big posters like me do not come on here to hear themselves speak. We want to hear from you guys. :)
    BuschkatzeCosmicwrath
  • CosmicwrathCosmicwrath Member UncommonPosts: 20
    See you in eleven years ha haaaaa
    Scot
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108

Haruko said:

Nice! I started to play this game a few days ago as a free player. I hope I enjoy the new patch.

If you start your sub it will unlock all the additional content, but as a free player you can still do Triple Triad, Mahjong and Blue mage
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Started playing it recently, really enjoying it. The story is not that amazing, but i enjoy the world and feel. Battles are boring, but im just a casual player who enjoys grinding a bit and seeing new places and getting new gear.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote