Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KurtzPel's PvE Revamp Let's You Quest and Explore Dungeons | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageKurtzPel's PvE Revamp Let's You Quest and Explore Dungeons | MMORPG.com

KurtzPel has received a new PvE revamp which lets you level up your character, acquire equipment, explore dungeons, and partake in quests.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    With cartoon graphics it does not induce adults to play,it looks very childish in it's delivery.

There are some positives to be taken from these moves "NOT the dungeons" and likely instancing.

Separate pve-pvp design yep as it should.
    There is just too much work to be done to make this play worthy but it is a step in the right direction but changing the LOOK would undertake a lot of work.
    unfilteredJW

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Wizardry said:
    With cartoon graphics it does not induce adults to play,it looks very childish in it's delivery.
    Well of course you should expect cartoony graphics from a developer whose previous game literally had a slogan of "play your manga".
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    A PvE revamp lets you do PvE things? You don't say!
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388

Wizardry said:

There are some positives to be taken from these moves "NOT the dungeons" and likely instancing.

There is just too much work to be done to make this play worthy but it is a step in the right direction but changing the LOOK would undertake a lot of work.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis
    SovrathViterzgirMcSleaz[Deleted User]rojoArcueidCadizitchmoniamspamicus

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• xDjevikxDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Wizardry said:

I disagree with you, Im 35 years old and I love all different types of art styles. You can't claim that "cartoonish art style" will not drawl in an adult crowd. You may only like realistic graphics but not everyone is like you. I sit here and lurk on these forums just to see and a couple others that complain and beat down other guys because they don't align with your vision of a game in your mind. So please dont claim that everyone believes in what you think or make a claim that no adults will play.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    Wizardry said:

Because Atlas looks really realistic, right?  :D
  • VezlinVezlin Member UncommonPosts: 35
    This seems interesting. This sounds like it's basically tacking on a new game, at least from what I've heard the game so far. Might actually be one of those updates that makes me try something I wrote off, so I guess that's one success on their part, for what it's worth. The combat seemed neat, it just seemed too limited in the applications and the balance of those places, with what sounded like a heavy PvP focus and imperfect balance from my friends.
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Aeander said:

A PvE revamp lets you do PvE things? You don't say!

Only 2 years after launch! They had 700 players before the update and now they have 1,500. I won't be installing the game again, because I know this change only looks good on the surface and beneath is just disappointing. And the players will leave again.

These developers absolutely did not take a good care of their game - they released only like 1/4 of the game and wondered why players were leaving in droves... Because you have nothing to do, that's why!
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    The nature of the graphics is nowhere near as important to me as the nature of the game. Often those less realistic better stand the test of time in terms of aesthetics and ongoing viable play on aging hardware, so could just as easily be a blessing than not.
    [Deleted User]