Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Welcomes The Icebrood Saga: Champions Tomorrow | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Welcomes The Icebrood Saga: Champions Tomorrow | MMORPG.com

Can you hear that? It sounds like the voices of Tyria have spoken, quite literally, as tomorrow marks the day where the delayed voice acting for the previous content updates for Guild Wars 2, No Quarter and Jormag Rising, will finally be implemented in game. It also marks the release of the next chapter of The Icebrood Saga: Champions -known as Truce, will drop.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

I guess that could be said for a lot of games...

aaand cornered you go.
    Ungood
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Sometines I wounder if GW2 kind of painted themselves in a corner is elements and undead. For the most part a lot of the cntent seems repetitive. THe ICe ## The Fire ## The Water ## The Plants ## ... The undead ##. I guess that could be said for a lot of games...
    Well, with Cantha on the horizon, we'll see the return of two of gaming's most unique environments - the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea. That'll mix things up.
    Paulolino34
  • DawgspeedDawgspeed Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Ahhh ..GW2 .. I remember when i bought you, paid top dollar for your game to support it .. Then you went free 2 play .. offered nothing to us that bought your game at full price ..

Now you expect me to pay full price once again for the new stuff .. if you had atleast offered me some sort of discount on "Path of Fire" for supporting your product at full price while everyone else scores it for free ....

I would still be playing your game and having no issues paying full price for the rest of them .. nothing but a hard pass now guys .. i only get burnt once ... cheers
    Ungood
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Dawgspeed said:
    Ahhh ..GW2 .. I remember when i bought you, paid top dollar for your game to support it .. Then you went free 2 play .. offered nothing to us that bought your game at full price ..

Now you expect me to pay full price once again for the new stuff .. if you had atleast offered me some sort of discount on "Path of Fire" for supporting your product at full price while everyone else scores it for free ....

I would still be playing your game and having no issues paying full price for the rest of them .. nothing but a hard pass now guys .. i only get burnt once ... cheers
    I have to agree with you, it does come across as a real slap in the face, when, I as a player that had bought the Box Set, and then HoT Expansion, and then the PoF Expansion, to watch them give away both Core and HoT, for free, with a PoF purchase, and I get.. well nothing for my additional monies spent.

So I totally respect where you are coming from with this stand.

Might be why they can have a very active population with a very low income per player.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• BobRichmondBobRichmond Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited November 2020
    Aeander said:
    Sometines I wounder if GW2 kind of painted themselves in a corner is elements and undead. For the most part a lot of the cntent seems repetitive. THe ICe ## The Fire ## The Water ## The Plants ## ... The undead ##. I guess that could be said for a lot of games...
    Well, with Cantha on the horizon, we'll see the return of two of gaming's most unique environments - the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea. That'll mix things up.
    However since we know that the Echovald Forest and Jade Sea have started to revert to their "normal" state they might not be so unique any more. That being said as a player of GW1 that spent a lot of time in them I will be happy to see them in whatever state they are in now.

LUXONS RULE

Bob

• BobRichmondBobRichmond Member UncommonPosts: 32

Ungood said:

Dawgspeed said:

I have to agree with you, it does come across as a real slap in the face, when, I as a player that had bought the Box Set, and then HoT Expansion, and then the PoF Expansion, to watch them give away both Core and HoT, for free, with a PoF purchase, and I get.. well nothing for my additional monies spent.

Might be why they can have a very active population with a very low income per player.

I do play GW2 A LOT, but I had over 5K hours in the core game (for which I payed $90) before it went F2P. I had another 4k hours in the game before HoT (for which I paid $50.) was bundled. I consider both of those purchases well worth the money I spent.

I would rather them give away the game for free (after a bit) to get new players to hopefully spend their money in the gem store than the game dying for lack of players.

TLDR: I got more than my money worth for GW2 and don't mind them giving the game away for free (after a while) to attract new players. If you don't feel that you did I am sorry and hope you find another game that better suits you.

Bob

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aeander said:
    However since we know that the Echovald Forest and Jade Sea have started to revert to their "normal" state they might not be so unique any more. That being said as a player of GW1 that spent a lot of time in them I will be happy to see them in whatever state they are in now.

LUXONS RULE
    They could only be partially converted. So you get pools of underwater content surrounded by frozen jade sea.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532

Ungood said:

Dawgspeed said:

I do play GW2 A LOT, but I had over 5K hours in the core game (for which I payed $90) before it went F2P. I had another 4k hours in the game before HoT (for which I paid $50.) was bundled. I consider both of those purchases well worth the money I spent.

I would rather them give away the game for free (after a bit) to get new players to hopefully spend their money in the gem store than the game dying for lack of players.

TLDR: I got more than my money worth for GW2 and don't mind them giving the game away for free (after a while) to attract new players. If you don't feel that you did I am sorry and hope you find another game that better suits you.
    Why that's great that you are fine with paying for something, that later gets given away for free, because somehow magically it is no longer worth paying for, even tho you paid for it.

And truth be told, I find is hilarious that you would devalue your own purchase to keep people playing the game, because you have some delusion that getting people to play the game for free will somehow magically keep it alive, because you think that if they come in for free they will be inspired to spend money, and yet tell people who have already shown their willingness to pay into the game, who have invested money from the onset, which is what keeps the game going, "Well if you don't like it leave" seems like a massive contradiction in your own view on things.

I mean, really, I wonder the mindset of some people where they will tell a paying costumer to leave in favor of attracting a freeloader.

Going to bet.. Business was not your field of study.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.