Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godfall - Review In Progress | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGodfall - Review In Progress | MMORPG.com

Godfall hits both PC and PS5 this week, and Mitch has been keeping his eye on the action RPG ever since it was debuted about a year ago. But how does the looter RPG stack up thus far? Here are his initial thoughts on Godfall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Hope it comes to Stadia
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Certainly hoping he puts in more than 7-8 hours before we get the review, but sure its a review in progress. No word on what multiplayer is like, but in some ways that good; game reviews get distorted that way, the number of times I have heard "plays well with friends" etc. A euphemism for "does not play that well solo."
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    One thing I am yet to understand is the flow of the game, is it all instanced sessions that then take you back to a hub or a UI to select the next game, does this ruin immersion??
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

Scot said:

Certainly hoping he puts in more than 7-8 hours before we get the review, but sure its a review in progress. No word on what multiplayer is like, but in some ways that good; game reviews get distorted that way, the number of times I have heard "plays well with friends" etc. A euphemism for "does not play that well solo."

I hope to at least hit double digits before I write up my final diagnosis. Really though, this was just my first impressions for anyone who is interested in the game but doesn't want to wait for a full review before grabbing a copy. Bugs and major gameplay flaws can rear their ugly heads in the first few hours and a very early review in progress can help identify that.

I will be playing through the entire story for the single player experience. As I mentioned my sorrow about Anthem's longevity, I will also be grinding as much at end game as possible to see how it holds up. And I will be giving multiplayer some love as well.
    Scot
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

KroxMalon said:

One thing I am yet to understand is the flow of the game, is it all instanced sessions that then take you back to a hub or a UI to select the next game, does this ruin immersion??

Yes, it has a hub and missions are in instanced areas. You are free to roam around a zone after completing your mission objectives to do more bonus objectives, hunt for secrets, solve puzzles, etc, but you have to load back into the hub to progress your story quests.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

Splattr said:

KroxMalon said:

Yes, it has a hub and missions are in instanced areas. You are free to roam around a zone after completing your mission objectives to do more bonus objectives, hunt for secrets, solve puzzles, etc, but you have to load back into the hub to progress your story quests.

so like warframe but paying?
  • blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Remnant: From the Ashes is the game it will be compared to for me. My friends and I enjoy that game very much. Probably the best action game we have played in recent years.

It was nice to get away from looters where I have to spend 10-15 minutes to sell a bunch of shit loot every hour or so.

Hopefully Godfall doesn't overdue the amount of crap loot.
    [Deleted User]
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    No regrets here buying it. MAN i am having a blast and JESUS is it beautiful!