Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall revival?

YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,781
KiraTV put out an interesting video talking about Crowfall's new patch. He raises some interesting questions like is it good to have players constantly participating in testing and development, and whether having multiple test servers diluting an already thread bare population is really such a good idea.




....
IselinGdemamiHatefull
«13

Comments

  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,933
    It is weird having beta and betaest servers.

    I meant to check this out but I got my invite (I've never given them money - just signed up in their forums years ago) at the same time the New World preview thing was happening and chose to check out NW instead.

    I'm sure there's plenty of time to check it out later at some point,
    YashaXGdemami
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,781
    Iselin said:
    It is weird having beta and betaest servers.

    I meant to check this out but I got my invite (I've never given them money - just signed up in their forums years ago) at the same time the New World preview thing was happening and chose to check out NW instead.

    I'm sure there's plenty of time to check it out later at some point,
    It would be interesting to hear your take on the comparison between the two games (CF and NW) once you get around to playing CF, because they have quite a bit of cross over despite looking very different.


    ....
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited November 2020
    Oops, nm

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,051
    How can you revive something that hasn't even lived yet? 

    I have been calling out this company for years. The shitty devs, the shitty ways they spent backer money (fucking videographers? seriously?), and the shit they were selling (some items were thousands of dollars!). 

    Want a game that was brought to you buy the people involved with killing UO AND SWG?! Crowfail is it. 
    GdemamiMensurHatefull
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,872
    madazz said:
    How can you revive something that hasn't even lived yet? 

    I have been calling out this company for years. The shitty devs, the shitty ways they spent backer money (fucking videographers? seriously?), and the shit they were selling (some items were thousands of dollars!). 

    Want a game that was brought to you buy the people involved with killing UO AND SWG?! Crowfail is it. 
    Wrong game, CU is over there.
    madazzHatefull
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,051
    Ungood said:
    madazz said:
    How can you revive something that hasn't even lived yet? 

    I have been calling out this company for years. The shitty devs, the shitty ways they spent backer money (fucking videographers? seriously?), and the shit they were selling (some items were thousands of dollars!). 

    Want a game that was brought to you buy the people involved with killing UO AND SWG?! Crowfail is it. 
    Wrong game, CU is over there.
    Why lie? There is proof of everything I have stated, but your statement is just straight up BS. Do you even know the games we are discussing here? You seem very lost and confused.
    UngoodHatefull
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 14,212
    It is not even out yet, this sounds like it will be the name of the relaunch after the first failure..."Crowfall The Revival". :)

    Lets wait and see, we need a MMO CF success so I have my fingers crossed. 
    Hatefull

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,435
    My thoughts on Crowfall is that it's not a bad game design, but the execution just seems to be lackadaisical. I just don't see the passion that I'd expect from "indie developers" making a game they want to make.

    To be honest, I'm not seeing much enthusiasm from any of the crowdfunded MMOs except for maybe Ashes of Creation. It's almost as if the developers of these indie MMOs realized that their games may not be as popular as they had wished for and simply entered a, zero f*cks given mode, in development.
    UngoodKyleranHatefull

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,872
    madazz said:
    Ungood said:
    madazz said:
    How can you revive something that hasn't even lived yet? 

    I have been calling out this company for years. The shitty devs, the shitty ways they spent backer money (fucking videographers? seriously?), and the shit they were selling (some items were thousands of dollars!). 

    Want a game that was brought to you buy the people involved with killing UO AND SWG?! Crowfail is it. 
    Wrong game, CU is over there.
    Why lie? There is proof of everything I have stated, but your statement is just straight up BS. Do you even know the games we are discussing here? You seem very lost and confused.
    Ok... what have they sold that is thousands of dollars.



    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 543
    Ungood said:
    madazz said:
    Ungood said:
    madazz said:
    How can you revive something that hasn't even lived yet? 

    I have been calling out this company for years. The shitty devs, the shitty ways they spent backer money (fucking videographers? seriously?), and the shit they were selling (some items were thousands of dollars!). 

    Want a game that was brought to you buy the people involved with killing UO AND SWG?! Crowfail is it. 
    Wrong game, CU is over there.
    Why lie? There is proof of everything I have stated, but your statement is just straight up BS. Do you even know the games we are discussing here? You seem very lost and confused.
    Ok... what have they sold that is thousands of dollars.



    I like crowfalls idea but i do remember when they had the shop on their site, it had castles you could by for something outrageous. I remember it being like 12k or something stupid.
    joezhudarak
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,872
    Ungood said:
    madazz said:
    Ungood said:
    madazz said:
    How can you revive something that hasn't even lived yet? 

    I have been calling out this company for years. The shitty devs, the shitty ways they spent backer money (fucking videographers? seriously?), and the shit they were selling (some items were thousands of dollars!). 

    Want a game that was brought to you buy the people involved with killing UO AND SWG?! Crowfail is it. 
    Wrong game, CU is over there.
    Why lie? There is proof of everything I have stated, but your statement is just straight up BS. Do you even know the games we are discussing here? You seem very lost and confused.
    Ok... what have they sold that is thousands of dollars.



    I like crowfalls idea but i do remember when they had the shop on their site, it had castles you could by for something outrageous. I remember it being like 12k or something stupid.
    Nope.. not seeing it. Maybe you are confused and have the wrong game, like that other equally confused poster Madazz.
    Hatefull
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 617
    @Ungood

    Actually they're not wrong, the store today is very different in comparison to what it was when the game first launched. There were numerous packages that were 1000, 2500, and up to 10,000 dollars.

    I should know, I purchased the $1,000 dollar package.
    TorvaltzervoKyleranHatefull

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,872
    Ridrith said:
    @Ungood

    Actually they're not wrong, the store today is very different in comparison to what it was when the game first launched. There were numerous packages that were 1000, 2500, and up to 10,000 dollars.

    I should know, I purchased the $1,000 dollar package.
    odd I bought the $80-ish dollar package, and have access to my own EK. Never even saw a package above $200.

    You might be confusing dollars with Crowns?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,435
    Ungood said:
    Ridrith said:
    @Ungood

    Actually they're not wrong, the store today is very different in comparison to what it was when the game first launched. There were numerous packages that were 1000, 2500, and up to 10,000 dollars.

    I should know, I purchased the $1,000 dollar package.
    odd I bought the $80-ish dollar package, and have access to my own EK. Never even saw a package above $200.

    You might be confusing dollars with Crowns?
    I also pledged $1000 which wasn't the highest pledge available, but thankfully I requested a refund less than 72 hours later. Still have my personally signed check from Gordon himself.
    Torval

  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 248
    Rhoklaw said:
    My thoughts on Crowfall is that it's not a bad game design, but the execution just seems to be lackadaisical. I just don't see the passion that I'd expect from "indie developers" making a game they want to make.
    [...]

    I can't tell for the rest of the team, but Gordon, J Todd, Blair, Rhea and Tiggs still seem very passionate about the project. It shows when they do the monthly Q&A, answer customer service, post on the forums, etc.

    I think Crowfall is going to follow the path of Warframe, as the devs were saying, starting small with a niche audience and slowly expanding the playerbase. They're constantly improving the game so I'm sure soon it's going to be good enough to attract larger crowds. 
    UngoodHatefull
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 617
    Ungood said:
    Ridrith said:
    @Ungood

    Actually they're not wrong, the store today is very different in comparison to what it was when the game first launched. There were numerous packages that were 1000, 2500, and up to 10,000 dollars.

    I should know, I purchased the $1,000 dollar package.
    odd I bought the $80-ish dollar package, and have access to my own EK. Never even saw a package above $200.

    You might be confusing dollars with Crowns?
    It's not crowns, no. Haha believe me my friend, the difference between purchasing 1000 crowns and having 1000 dollars come out of my bank account is readily apparent to me. They had packages going up to the $10,000 mark in the store for nearly a year or two after the Kickstarter.

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,872
    Ridrith said:
    Ungood said:
    Ridrith said:
    @Ungood

    Actually they're not wrong, the store today is very different in comparison to what it was when the game first launched. There were numerous packages that were 1000, 2500, and up to 10,000 dollars.

    I should know, I purchased the $1,000 dollar package.
    odd I bought the $80-ish dollar package, and have access to my own EK. Never even saw a package above $200.

    You might be confusing dollars with Crowns?
    It's not crowns, no. Haha believe me my friend, the difference between purchasing 1000 crowns and having 1000 dollars come out of my bank account is readily apparent to me. They had packages going up to the $10,000 mark in the store for nearly a year or two after the Kickstarter.
    Never saw it.. and I have had access to the game before they had graphics for the main hall.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 617
    edited November 2020


    Paid for in full in 2016, 945 dollars. You can see that I originally put it on Layaway, had doubts. The day after I put down 179, I said screw it, put down the 335 so that I'd have 500 going towards it to pay it off in the next few months.  Then I just decided to pay it off that day instead, so I wouldn't have to worry about it or remember to put money on it every month.

    @Ungood

    tzervo

  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Why argue.  Go to the kickstarter sit for CF you can see the 10k package.  Having said that I ksed it and can't wait for launch.  It won't be like a modern Shadowbane like I hoped but I will enjoy it.

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/rewards
    tzervo
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 248
    Relampago said:
    Why argue.  Go to the kickstarter sit for CF you can see the 10k package.  Having said that I ksed it and can't wait for launch.  It won't be like a modern Shadowbane like I hoped but I will enjoy it.

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/rewards
    Pretty much all MMO Kickstarter projects (Shroud of the Avatar, Dual Universe, Pantheon, etc.) had rewards for the $10,000 tier. Not that it excuses anything.
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,872
    Humm.. good to know.

    The game is still in a playable state, so if you were a backer like I am, you can get in and play, kill people, die, harvest, build, all that fun stuff.
    francis_baudHatefull
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,781
    Ridrith said:


    Paid for in full in 2016, 945 dollars. You can see that I originally put it on Layaway, had doubts. The day after I put down 179, I said screw it, put down the 335 so that I'd have 500 going towards it to pay it off in the next few months.  Then I just decided to pay it off that day instead, so I wouldn't have to worry about it or remember to put money on it every month.

    @Ungood

    Why did you pull the trigger on that purchase? I assume you are not just really rich since there would be no need to consider monthly installments if you were farting out greenbacks.

    I am not trying to be mean or insulting in any way, I just find it fascinating that regular people are wiling to drop a grand on these kickstarter mmos. Was it the advertising that sucked you in? Talking with your friends/guildies? The game forums? Dev podcasts?
    ....
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,557
    YashaX said:
    Ridrith said:


    Paid for in full in 2016, 945 dollars. You can see that I originally put it on Layaway, had doubts. The day after I put down 179, I said screw it, put down the 335 so that I'd have 500 going towards it to pay it off in the next few months.  Then I just decided to pay it off that day instead, so I wouldn't have to worry about it or remember to put money on it every month.

    @Ungood

    Why did you pull the trigger on that purchase? I assume you are not just really rich since there would be no need to consider monthly installments if you were farting out greenbacks.

    I am not trying to be mean or insulting in any way, I just find it fascinating that regular people are wiling to drop a grand on these kickstarter mmos. Was it the advertising that sucked you in? Talking with your friends/guildies? The game forums? Dev podcasts?
    I purchased the Amber Kickstarter for $250.  Normally there is no way I would do that, but I had just sold my Pathfinder Online accounts for over $1k so I kind of looked at it as House Money.   The Amber package was crazy value-wise if you buy into the game actually releasing and being something you want to play.

    Highlights included 6 years of VIP Subscription
    Another copy of the game via a Crowfall Collector's Edition
    Tons of in-game items
    Access to Alpha

    I figured just 2 copies of the game plus just 6 months sub for each would run around the $250 (depending on monthly sub cost).  To me it was a value proposition where the risk (the game may never come out or be utter shit like Pathfinder) was outweighed by the benefits (6 years sub time, an extra collectors edition, Alpha Access...).

    So far I think it's an OK game, with potential, but honestly I can't get my other groupmates to login.  Some are still playing Return to Reckoning and we have also discovered the XBOX Ultimate Gamepass and are making our way though the extensive PC catalogue.

    Maybe when it gets to a final stage before the launch wipe...

    tzervocameltosis

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    Ungood said:
    Humm.. good to know.

    The game is still in a playable state, so if you were a backer like I am, you can get in and play, kill people, die, harvest, build, all that fun stuff.
    But you still don't retain any of your progress, so basically it's all rather pointless for now.


    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    YashaX said:
    Ridrith said:


    Paid for in full in 2016, 945 dollars. You can see that I originally put it on Layaway, had doubts. The day after I put down 179, I said screw it, put down the 335 so that I'd have 500 going towards it to pay it off in the next few months.  Then I just decided to pay it off that day instead, so I wouldn't have to worry about it or remember to put money on it every month.

    @Ungood

    Why did you pull the trigger on that purchase? I assume you are not just really rich since there would be no need to consider monthly installments if you were farting out greenbacks.

    I am not trying to be mean or insulting in any way, I just find it fascinating that regular people are wiling to drop a grand on these kickstarter mmos. Was it the advertising that sucked you in? Talking with your friends/guildies? The game forums? Dev podcasts?
    I purchased the Amber Kickstarter for $250.  Normally there is no way I would do that, but I had just sold my Pathfinder Online accounts for over $1k so I kind of looked at it as House Money.   The Amber package was crazy value-wise if you buy into the game actually releasing and being something you want to play.

    Highlights included 6 years of VIP Subscription
    Another copy of the game via a Crowfall Collector's Edition
    Tons of in-game items
    Access to Alpha

    I figured just 2 copies of the game plus just 6 months sub for each would run around the $250 (depending on monthly sub cost).  To me it was a value proposition where the risk (the game may never come out or be utter shit like Pathfinder) was outweighed by the benefits (6 years sub time, an extra collectors edition, Alpha Access...).

    So far I think it's an OK game, with potential, but honestly I can't get my other groupmates to login.  Some are still playing Return to Reckoning and we have also discovered the XBOX Ultimate Gamepass and are making our way though the extensive PC catalogue.

    Maybe when it gets to a final stage before the launch wipe...

    Most gamers require something to be on the line and be able to retain what they've achieved, so not surprised your mates aren't very interested in playing atm.

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






Sign In or Register to comment.