Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's the Latest Roadmap Roundup from Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageHere's the Latest Roadmap Roundup from Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

Star Citizen recently released their latest roadmap roundup with some items being added to Alpha 3.12.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited November 2020
    more or less

alkarionlogAlpius[Deleted User]panwyrxpsyncNeoyoshiDrius75Iselindinognalin1209and 16 others.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Tiller said:

more or less

I laughed too hard at this
    TillerxpsyncTacticalZombehAmatheircaddicts
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,128

Tiller said:

more or less

Spot on! xD

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    edited November 2020

Tiller said:

more or less

Literally 10's naysayers vs 1 million individual backers having zero influence on the project, whatever they leave as comments or likes :)
    alkarionlogTacticalZombehWalkinGlennstrawhat0981KyleranHatefullbcbullyircaddicts
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

more or less

Literally 10's naysayers vs 1 million individual backers having zero influence on the project, whatever they leave as comments or likes :)

Remember, your PR propaganda BS doesn't work here, so don't even bother.
    etlarlahnmiralkarionlogTacticalZombehIceAgeMensurMendelKyleranHatefullAgent_Josephand 1 other.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

more or less

7,8 billion people on the planet and not even 4 million of them interested in SC, if you want to make BS comparisons I can easily top you.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ScotTacticalZombehxpsyncGdemamiKyleranircaddicts
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

lahnmir said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

more or less

7,8 billion people on the planet and not even 4 million of them interested in SC, if you want to make BS comparisons I can easily top you.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Yeah, but you are talking now. In 2046 when an early version of the complete game is released, it will be 17.4 billion people in world and 15 billion will be interested. So, there.
    alkarionlogDarksilencerkikoodutroa8[Deleted User]Kyleranircaddicts

lahnmir said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

more or less

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Yeah, but you are talking now. In 2046 when an early version of the complete game is released, it will be 17.4 billion people in world and 15 billion will be interested. So, there.
    I see you are well versed in Citizensplaining, carry on  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TacticalZombehstrawhat0981WalkinGlennKyleran

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Not released yet? lol.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    What's the latest update on their SQ 42 roadmap roadmap? I'm more interested in that at the moment.
    TacticalZombehstrawhat0981KyleranHatefullircaddicts

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    I remember when the white knights would come out swinging on these posts. Now they are becoming more and more of a ghost town. RIP the only fun thing about Start Shitizen.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2020
    lahnmir said:
    Epic fail.../facepalm
    KyleranKumapon
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    The same old jaded and bitter folks angry because they've became to disillusioned with the mmorpg scene that they've lost the ability to enjoy gaming altogether.

Hating on Star Citizen or any other game, is just another lazy way to release frustrations, a inglorious effort to ease the pain of not having a game to call home for so long.

So we understand why those who are "homeless gamers" get envious and frustrated with those who have the ability to enjoy games. Ultimately it's only up to them to work out of that negative mindset.

JoeBloberKyleranHatefullbcbullyircaddicts
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Did they include a targeted release date?

Roadmaps are fine, so long as there is a final destination in mind.
    ScotKyleranNildenMardukk

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

lahnmir said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

more or less

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

4 Millions interested?! Maybe 4 Millions HEARD of Star Citizen. Out of this 4 Million, 700k donated to the Robert's Charity Association Friends and Family ( ..but more Family ).

I heard that there are also .. 2 Mil's who TRIED Star Citizen. And..that's basically it.

What's..sad however, is that 700k made up the entire $318 mil cash they got until now. That's .. more then $400 each.

Oh well ...

Hatefull

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Babuinix said:
    The same old jaded and bitter folks angry because they've became to disillusioned with the mmorpg scene that they've lost the ability to enjoy gaming altogether.

Hating on Star Citizen or any other game, is just another lazy way to release frustrations, a inglorious effort to ease the pain of not having a game to call home for so long.

So we understand why those who are "homeless gamers" get envious and frustrated with those who have the ability to enjoy games. Ultimately it's only up to them to work out of that negative mindset.

We are not jaded and bitter, we just want to see a launch this decade so we can join you and play the darn game. :)
    KyleranHatefullircaddicts
    Gdemami said:
    lahnmir said:
    Epic fail.../facepalm
    Takes one to know one right?

Stick to LoLs  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleranircaddicts

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Why do people even bother with this? Why not play Elite Dangerous, Outer Worlds, or No Mans Sky?
    Hatefullircaddicts

Why do people even bother with this? Why not play Elite Dangerous, Outer Worlds, or No Mans Sky?

Because there are not... Star Citizen.
    I did pledged to ED and even got lifetime free update. I won't play NMS or EVE because there are not my type of space games. Outer words is not a space game.
    Many ED and EVE players do support SC.

I stopped playing ED years ago and have hundreds hours in SC Alpha. My best 45$ ratio vs entertainment.
    bcbullyircaddicts
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Scot said:

Babuinix said:

We are not jaded and bitter, we just want to see a launch this decade so we can join you and play the darn game. :)

I can already tell you what their argument will be...."we are playing it now and having fun". Robotic comments like that pretty much alienates everyone else but their current playerbase.

That isn't gonna bring anyone new to your side. It's almost like they don't want anyone to like the game who doesn't like it already lol.

The fact they enjoy what seems no where near complete is hilarious to me. I mean it's kinda like some kids would rather play in the dirt and make dirt castles and pretend it's a sandbox rather than play in the sand and make sand castles.

Them: "It's ok, don't buy sand, I like dirt better."

Us: "Well what do you like about it? show me."

Them: "I like it; hater"
    ScotHatefullKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Have they stop adding/creeping in more features? Once they announce a beta I'll get excited and maybe "donate".
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Jamar870 said:
    ...  I'll get excited and maybe "donate".
    That's great because they can really use the money.
    Tillerircaddicts

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    lahnmir said:

Stick to LoLs  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ...epic fail no2. Priceless.
    lahnmirKyleran

lahnmir said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

more or less

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

7,8 billion people on the planet and 20 comments of naysayers vs 1 million individual backers. facts not BS dude :)
    HatefullKyleranircaddicts
    Gdemami said:
    lahnmir said:

Stick to LoLs  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ...epic fail no2. Priceless.
    I see you are really making more of an effort then you usually do, I appreciate that.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir