Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Rogue PA5 Gameplay

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095


Not sure how I missed this video from Oct 30th, doing a timeline now. Enjoy.


0:00 - With intro to the video, we see in game current footage. This is all in greybox, get over it, its not even in Alpha yet. 

1:32 - Introduction over - they had freedom to use as many mastery points as they wanted, without earning them. To test the system

2:24 - They start on the skills in game now for the Rogue

8:00 - Skills and Mastery for them description over. 

8:15 - First look EVER of what could be a city in Pantheon - This happens as the Rogue is in full stealth. Was also talking about the fun of the Rogues tool kits and how they felt in combat. Also helps setup what you will see in the teamed part of the video. 

10:32 - Video is now a recording of a groups experience playing/teaming with a Rogue. Team is made up of a Wizard, Shaman x 2, Dire Lord x 2 and of corse a rogue. At the start, they are killing field trash. 

15:20 - They find a cave of Trolls. IMO they should be a playable race =-)

17:54 - After team wipe, Rogue scouts the cave and find a boss. 
Post edited by Nanfoodle on
KumaponAmatheTimukasXodic
«1

Comments

  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The EQ in me loves the combat.
    NanfoodleTimukas

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    Amathe said:
    The EQ in me loves the combat.
    Ya watching the fact that a team can wipe on trash mobs mqde me happy. I'm sick of playing games where there is little or no risk. Seeing a team of 5 with 2 tanks and 2 healers need to use tactics is also a win IMO. Also seeing the Rogue calling out when he CC things made me grin. So much of this video made me happy. 
    Timukas
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    Nanfoodle said:
    Amathe said:
    The EQ in me loves the combat.
    Ya watching the fact that a team can wipe on trash mobs mqde me happy. I'm sick of playing games where there is little or no risk. Seeing a team of 5 with 2 tanks and 2 healers need to use tactics is also a win IMO. Also seeing the Rogue calling out when he CC things made me grin. So much of this video made me happy. 
    As long as waiting until 2025 or beyond makes you happy as well, all good.

    Otherwise..... 

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    34:00 - Team runs into the environmental systems. There are many levels of each effect, this is low level. So the team only suffers a snare effect. 

    37:00 - The team finds a cave in the cold environment and the cold wind sound get louder. They dont get to explore deep enough to see if the effect gets to a higher level. Server closes at the end of the video. 


  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Amathe said:
    The EQ in me loves the combat.
    Ya watching the fact that a team can wipe on trash mobs mqde me happy. I'm sick of playing games where there is little or no risk. Seeing a team of 5 with 2 tanks and 2 healers need to use tactics is also a win IMO. Also seeing the Rogue calling out when he CC things made me grin. So much of this video made me happy. 
    As long as waiting until 2025 or beyond makes you happy as well, all good.

    Otherwise..... 
    I don't think people should be waiting. That's the downfall of any game development. 

    Just go on with your lives, if it releases then assess at the moment if you want to play it.

    Otherwise it's like they are 10 on christmas eve.
    NanfoodleKyleranAmathe
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Amathe said:
    The EQ in me loves the combat.
    Ya watching the fact that a team can wipe on trash mobs mqde me happy. I'm sick of playing games where there is little or no risk. Seeing a team of 5 with 2 tanks and 2 healers need to use tactics is also a win IMO. Also seeing the Rogue calling out when he CC things made me grin. So much of this video made me happy. 
    As long as waiting until 2025 or beyond makes you happy as well, all good.

    Otherwise..... 
    I don't think people should be waiting. That's the downfall of any game development. 

    Just go on with your lives, if it releases then assess at the moment if you want to play it.

    Otherwise it's like they are 10 on christmas eve.
    Also things are always subject to change. After Alpha 1 they may not find an investor and close up shop. Waiting over. Or they pick up some investors and the production ramps up and releases sometime thats reasonable. 

    I do agree. I am not waiting. Im playing games and having fun. 
    Sovrath
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,223
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    edited November 2020
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    Its a normal part of development. You sculpt the world in grey boxes. They are blocky and chunky. Later the world will look more like the other areas of the game like...






    Amathe
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,952
    LOL @ people acting like this is deep strategic combat
    Timukas
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,895
    I remember when they did a vid of the devs playing...The guy that played the rogue was bored to death...Half the time he didnt even bother to join in combat he was so bored.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    I remember when they did a vid of the devs playing...The guy that played the rogue was bored to death...Half the time he didnt even bother to join in combat he was so bored.
    Is that true or was that you projecting? Because I remember seeing a video where someone said that and it didn't seem the case at all.

    Since you don't like this game or the combat and have said so in the past I'm going to go with "you projecting."
    Nanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    Utinni said:
    LOL @ people acting like this is deep strategic combat
    This game is not designed for everyone. Unless you have played EQ1 and got to the teaming experience. You may not understand what you are seeing. Twitch combat does not need to be the only default for engaging combat. Fights dont need to last 10-20 seconds to be engaging, longer fights let you plan tactics and work with your team. Making sure you synergize skills with the classes you are playing with. It think over twitch. 

      
    Timukas
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    Utinni said:
    LOL @ people acting like this is deep strategic combat
    Is there any game that really has deep strategic combat? certainly not any mmorpg that I've played. Especially when it's about people getting as high in level as they can and trying to outgear their oppoenents.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,223
    Utinni said:
    LOL @ people acting like this is deep strategic combat

    You know what?  Screw twitch combat.
    NanfoodleTimukas
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    edited November 2020
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    Bluefish

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    I read that as they are just redoing areas with some new system, not an actual downgrade of the graphics.


    Nanfoodlesvann
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    I read that as they are just redoing areas with some new system, not an actual downgrade of the graphics.


    Need to keep reading then, same source"

    ”It is not content-complete and all zones outside of big sections of Faerthale are in a grayboxed state. Previously-seen zones like Thronefast and Avendyr’s Pass have been redone to graybox spec to allow for the proper pipeline and optimization.

    You can thank me later. :)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    I read that as they are just redoing areas with some new system, not an actual downgrade of the graphics.


    Need to keep reading then, same source"

    ”It is not content-complete and all zones outside of big sections of Faerthale are in a grayboxed state. Previously-seen zones like Thronefast and Avendyr’s Pass have been redone to graybox spec to allow for the proper pipeline and optimization.

    You can thank me later. :)
    Again, this says nothing about downgrading anything. Just that the need to rework these areas. So we will save the ty for another time =-)
    Kyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    I read that as they are just redoing areas with some new system, not an actual downgrade of the graphics.


    Need to keep reading then, same source"

    ”It is not content-complete and all zones outside of big sections of Faerthale are in a grayboxed state. Previously-seen zones like Thronefast and Avendyr’s Pass have been redone to graybox spec to allow for the proper pipeline and optimization.

    You can thank me later. :)
    When I read "have they downgraded the graphics" that means to me "have they permanently changed the scope of what the graphics will be and downgraded them."

    over "we have changed how we do things and thus put these areas in graybox state for when we implement them according to our new system."


    Nanfoodle
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    edited November 2020
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    I read that as they are just redoing areas with some new system, not an actual downgrade of the graphics.


    Need to keep reading then, same source"

    ”It is not content-complete and all zones outside of big sections of Faerthale are in a grayboxed state. Previously-seen zones like Thronefast and Avendyr’s Pass have been redone to graybox spec to allow for the proper pipeline and optimization.

    You can thank me later. :)
    When I read "have they downgraded the graphics" that means to me "have they permanently changed the scope of what the graphics will be and downgraded them."

    over "we have changed how we do things and thus put these areas in graybox state for when we implement them according to our new system."


    You guys are really reaching here...graybox graphics definitely look worse than what came before them...which is what people are actually seeing and confirming.

    Learn to concede gracefully.


    svann

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    edited November 2020
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 


    Actually they did downgrade the world graphics as part of Project Faerthale, which is why people are seeing zones today in graybox format which previously looked better.

    Quoted from the October 14th Producer's letter.

    ”Systems got torn out and reconstructed into a much more efficient and flexible format. Zones were harvested and replanted in expandable graybox format."

    Keeping the gaming world safe from "fake news"

    ;)
    I read that as they are just redoing areas with some new system, not an actual downgrade of the graphics.


    Need to keep reading then, same source"

    ”It is not content-complete and all zones outside of big sections of Faerthale are in a grayboxed state. Previously-seen zones like Thronefast and Avendyr’s Pass have been redone to graybox spec to allow for the proper pipeline and optimization.

    You can thank me later. :)
    When I read "have they downgraded the graphics" that means to me "have they permanently changed the scope of what the graphics will be and downgraded them."

    over "we have changed how we do things and thus put these areas in graybox state for when we implement them according to our new system."


    You guys are really reaching here...graybox graphics definitely look worse than what came before them...which is what people are actually seeing and confirming.


    I know you are smarter then thinking greybox is a finished product. They still need to run it thought Houdini and then artists do their thing. From greybox, there is always many passes before finished product. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,239
    edited November 2020
    Kyleran said:

    You guys are really reaching here...graybox graphics definitely look worse than what came before them...which is what people are actually seeing and confirming.

    Learn to concede gracefully.


    dude! I'm not saying that this graybox state doesn't look bad. But that's the point, It's not supposed to look good.

    The question was "have they downgraded the graphics." There is a difference between downgrading graphics which implies permanently changed their scope and taking them back to an earlier stage so that they implement everything in a different way.

    So yes, placeholder objects don't look good. But that's because they are placeholder objects.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

    You guys are really reaching here...graybox graphics definitely look worse than what came before them...which is what people are actually seeing and confirming.

    Learn to concede gracefully.


    dude! I'm not saying that this graybox state doesn't look bad. But that's the point, It's not supposed to look good.

    The question was "have they downgraded the graphics." There is a difference between downgrading graphics which implies permanently changed their scope and taking them back to an earlier stage so that they implement everything in a different way.

    So yes, placeholder objects don't look good. But that's because they are placeholder objects.
    To me the term downgrade does not imply any sort of permanence, to answer their question, yes, the graphics have been taken back to a graybox state, meaning they are not looking as good as they did previously.

    They of course have stated they will work on bringing them back up to (perhaps beyond) previous standards.

    For now, they would appear to be a downgrade, or have been walked backwards if that puts it in a better context.
    Sovrath

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,095
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

    You guys are really reaching here...graybox graphics definitely look worse than what came before them...which is what people are actually seeing and confirming.

    Learn to concede gracefully.


    dude! I'm not saying that this graybox state doesn't look bad. But that's the point, It's not supposed to look good.

    The question was "have they downgraded the graphics." There is a difference between downgrading graphics which implies permanently changed their scope and taking them back to an earlier stage so that they implement everything in a different way.

    So yes, placeholder objects don't look good. But that's because they are placeholder objects.
    To me the term downgrade does not imply any sort of permanence, to answer their question, yes, the graphics have been taken back to a graybox state, meaning they are not looking as good as they did previously.

    They of course have stated they will work on bringing them back up to (perhaps beyond) previous standards.

    For now, they would appear to be a downgrade, or have been walked backwards if that puts it in a better context.
    Thats not what you said in all your other posts on this topic. What you stated is closer to the post made above you disagreed with.


    Nanfoodle said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    Its a normal part of development. You sculpt the world in grey boxes. They are blocky and chunky. Later the world will look more like the other areas of the game like...







    Sovrath said:
    svann said:
    Did they temporarily downgrade the world graphics?  It seems wrong.
    no, they are placeholders for areas that aren't finished. 



     
Sign In or Register to comment.