Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was this the best game reveal trailer ever? (CP 2077 reveal in 2013)

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
edited October 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
The original CGI reveal that shows just one scene from the game, going for quality over quantity, is still impressive 7 years later. I prefer it to any subsequent trailer or gameplay video because it doesn't spoil anything. It's just a quick immersion into the world leaving most of it up to your imagination. Great use of super slowmo and great soundtrack:

PS: 23 days to go (22 for some of us if they go for a Central European midnight global unlock) I spoke too soon :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Post edited by Iselin on
AlBQuirkyAsheramSovrathYashaXNyghthowlerTwistedSister77Amathe

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    It was awesome!

Remember the parody later on (2018)?

AsheramIselinSovrathTwistedSister77[Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited October 2020
    Great!   But.... considering no game footage.  All time has to go to Halo 3

Clay static set, panned around by a single piano music...

Who hasn't seen it?  And then the spin off commercials?  Just testimonials of veterans decades later.

AsheramAlBQuirky
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I go with Dead Island reverse trailer

Plus it has a live action one too

IselinUngoodTwistedSister77AlBQuirky
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Asheram said:

Always really liked that one.
    AsheramTwistedSister77AlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    AsheramNyghthowlerAlBQuirkyIselin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Ungood said:
    Seen it before, but still awesome as hell. Sounds like she is doing Mongolian throat chanting.
    AlBQuirky
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Asheram said:

It is hurting my brain... which makes it good.  ;)  

I like where this thread is going, I hope people post more game vids..  I haven't seen these  :D
    AlBQuirky
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited October 2020
    Love the music in the Cyberpunk one cited by the OP.
    AlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Asheram said:
    Damn you! I loved this trailer, but kept seeing Sean Bean die!

Iselin

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Amathe said:
    Love the music in the Cyberpunk one cited by the OP.
    Yes. I forgot how fitting that was, lyrically :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    This is a really interesting thread!

I basically don't care about reveal trailers, they don't influence me at all. Couldn't even think of a single trailer when I read the OP, not a single one came to mind. The sorts of games I'm interested in just don't make for good trailers.
    AlBQuirky
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited October 2020
    The elder scrolls cinematics are awesome.

The starcraft 2 ones are amazing too. Look up heart of the swarm cinematic if someone could link it. It is amazing.
    AlBQuirky
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Ungood said:
    Seen it before, but still awesome as hell. Sounds like she is doing Mongolian throat chanting.
    It's actually music from a band called Heilung
    AsheramNyghthowlerAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

AlBQuirky

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    It's actually music from a band called Heilung
    Awesome video! 
    This is what she made me think of.

AlBQuirkyUngood