Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chris Roberts is super serious about providing better communication on SQ42 - pinky promise

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
WalkinGlenn[Deleted User]

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited October 2020
    Oh and notice how he didn't break his "Pledge" as that was for Star Citizen and not SQ42.  LOL

And what's with the excuse that they can't provide certain updates as it would spoil the story?  How about just use non spoilery code words for those things?

This guy is a master of using a lot of words to essentially reveal nothing.  and their improvements to communication is being done to avoid providing anymore expected delivery dates.
    Here he is getting snarky later in that thread and comparing Cyberpunks 6 month delay to his current 6 year delay from a published release estimate.

[Deleted User]Nepheth[Deleted User]klash2defScotMightyUnclean
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I am just waiting for this thread to get derailed by some graphs with really big numbers, some random video’s, some not so subtle insults and then the conclusion that you don’t get it. Perhaps you will even hear that SC right now is already the best space game ever, completely passing by the fact that many have played it and have seen something different than that.

Ahh well, good times, lets see where this thread takes us.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Nepheth[Deleted User]NyghthowlerFrodoFraginsWalkinGlennjmlane223KyleranAmatheMendeland 6 others.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I swear on my pinky when you said "it's the best space game ever"I laughed pretty hard.

Being the best amongst a pile of turds doesn't make your game much of anything except best of the turds.
    I also guarantee I GET IT,I get everything,I have paid attention the past 30 years of gaming,i know how devs act,talk and what is likely to happen and what is likely NOT to happen.
    A game developer lead will NEVER ,not a million years give you the full honest answer.

This is the same dude who put ships for sale at 20 thousands dollars and your going to take his word for ANYTHING?The guy is a con artist ,a scammer,a BS'r.

https://kotaku.com/star-citizen-now-has-a-27-000-ship-pack-1826404455

Sorry I was wrong it wasn't 20k it was 27k lmao and best of all he tried to hide it from the public eye and only showed it to those that had spent 2k or more.It was like a form of the hidden whale's cult.

When a guy has such lack of respect for the people supporting his game and such low class moral values that he would seriously STEAL money from people he gets ZERO respect from me.
    klash2defBruceYeeSpectralHunter

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    lahnmir said:
    I am just waiting for this thread to get derailed by some graphs with really big numbers, some random video’s, some not so subtle insults and then the conclusion that you don’t get it. Perhaps you will even hear that SC right now is already the best space game ever, completely passing by the fact that many have played it and have seen something different than that.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I see what you did, there... ;)
    lahnmirKyleran
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited October 2020
    Oh boy... I don't see how people STILL don't see this as a giant scam, what the hell are they holding on to? I mean I know what sunk cost fallacy is, but this is.. this is just insanity. 

Listen, if you think the game will be here in 5 years or less with everything promised you are kidding yourself, I say 10 years minimum. I play it once a year with my same package from 2012? 13? The game is only about 15% - 20% done. I'm being generous. 

So 8-10 more years...That means 20+ total years of development.. LMAO, what?? Are they building God? 

Even then in 10 years, games that aren't even on paper right now will be on their second games, and games like NMS and Elite will be fully realized universes with all the features and then some promised by SC. 

Shit even if it's 5-7 years, new tech will come out and make this game obsolete and then what.. switch gears to keep up with new tech.. ahh.. we need more time guys.. 5 more years... haha oh, man. I don't see how anybody can buy into this bullshit for SO LONG.

Not to mention a lot of its backers are older dudes.. some are not going to live to see the game release, harsh reality.  This is from a Youtube video about the state of SC right now.  

...Look, do yourself a favor and find a new game. This one is dead in the water. This isn't a doom and gloom thing, it's a real thing. I'm being honest, look at it.  They spent your money already but you keep giving them more and all you have to show for it is a half-assed decade-old Alpha. 

They don't really care to finish the game cause they got paid already. They can walk away right now but the money is too good... It's too easy to sell a dream to gullible men.

This game is going to down as the biggest failure not only in gaming history but crowdfunding history. Its failure is going to be the death of crowdfunded games watch and see. The writing is on the wall.

I Remember when yall ran Derek Smart off the site but he was telling the truth all along...CR has BEEN spending your money, there is a paper trail one needs to only look. 

Before you get too emotional, take an inventory of what's in the game right now, what's not in the game yet, and what is still being promised. You can figure it out for yourself.

SC if completed will take another decade to fulfill what is being promised. WHEN not if...but WHEN tech changes between now and 2030, the game will more than likely have another rebuild to keep up with the times... it's a never-ending cycle. 

To the extent that not only have they done shady financial things like building a corp with backer money, then selling back that corp to themselves, but also taking out large sums from the venture, even as they run out of money year after year.

— Derek Smart (@dsmart) October 8, 2020

In fact, it wasn't until later 2019, after several months of rumors, that they released financial brochures (they weren't audited, have no P&L etc) for 2012-17 that showed that - shockingly - the $300M+ project was OUT OF MONEY just months prior.

— Derek Smart (@dsmart) October 8, 2020
    [Deleted User]Forgrimm
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Don't quote Derek Smart, your credibility plummets when you do.
    WhiteLantern[Deleted User]

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    edited October 2020
    All you have to do is look at Chris Roberts smug face smiling picture where he is holding the ship... that picture says everything you need to know about Star Shitizen. 

He is smart though, its not an illegal scam as he is actually "developing" a product gullible people threw money at. He is just smartly milking said money by sly words, over promise and most importantly falling back on it being in early alpha. This lets people with a low IQ to drink the cool-aide and quench their thirst. Once it is "released" he knows that money train is going to derail so he's going to ride it until the end of the line. He is only touting the "it will release when it releases, no compromises" line because he's cash strapped, not because he cares.

Side note, guessing the white knights are "too busy having fun in Lord Roberts Money Scam Online (alpha) to comment". Hope they arrive soon, they are what truly make Star Shitizen fun for us non-believers.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I see he what you did, there... ;)
    Let's see if I can do it...

Graph with big but meaningless numbers

Random video about space ships

Not so subtle insult

You all just don't understand game development

Right now SC is the bestest game evah, err, that no one can actually play right now.

How'd I do?
    kitaradAmatheMendelFrodoFraginsMightyUnclean[Deleted User][Deleted User]NyghthowlerSandmanjwTillerand 3 others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    And I thought Mark Jacobs was full of shit.  Roberts is the master!
    [Deleted User]
    I responded to a post on reddit regarding this and a white knight tried telling me that I'm just a drive by observer who doesn't understand how the milestones have changed over time for the betterment of the game. :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Kyleran
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    Well. They have some cool tech. What they have is pretty good, but it’s going too slow to ever reach the finish line. Fact is, they’ve done the opposite of what they intended..which was to show the world that an AAA game could be made without a publisher, if they had a publisher, they would’ve scaled back the game - focused on polishing what they do have, released the game and then started adding new features little by little. 
    Now..they’re building a feature no one asked for, it works, buy pretty badly..then they move on to the next feature no one really asked for, and so the loop goes
    [Deleted User]
    edited October 2020
    kitarad said:

Well, First of all, I'm not worried about imaginary internet credibility. I'm too established in my real life to play that game.  I'm only seeking the truth. Nothing or No one on this website could ever question my real-life credibility, I've been professionally working in the industry for over 15 years and I have a lot of insight that I keep to myself. I don't want or care about clout.

If I were, about clout, then all of my posts would be filled with "industry insight" about several game studios, but I'm not a chatty patty, and I don't get paid to report things I see or hear to the internet. I'll leave that to others who want that.

My workplace is right across the street here in Santa Monica from CIG, so I've eaten lunch with a lot of those guys over the years, some of who are now former employees for a myriad of reasons. I know a lot about the working environment in the LA office. I can't speak for any other office, only the LA one. It's not going well. 

Is DS telling the truth or no? I don't care what people's personal thoughts are on the guy I'm seeking the truth. People worry too much about the deliverer/delivery more than the information. Also, a lot of people HERE blindly hate the guy and have never met him in real life, they have no idea who he is as a person just have a sheep mentality because one person doesn't like him, and you can't think for yourself so you think you should hate him too. it's ridiculous

Is what he was saying true or not should be the only question. 

I'm willing to bet an unreleased SC Asset that DS was/is telling the truth or isn't far off from the truth. Again my post isn't about DS, his quote was an attachment to my entire post, Interesting that you read all that, and all you got from it was "DS quote" 

CR has been spending BIG money from the project on his personal life and that combined with his feature creep philosophy of "just put in there" is the reason the game won't get finished.

Among a few other things. 

Post edited by klash2def on
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

edited October 2020
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:

DS hasn't made a decent game, has pulled some super shady wicked business backstabs, and ends up being as rude or more so than the SC sycophants.

Roberts and this project piss me right the hell off just for proving him generally right. It fries me a bit.

But I agree. Don't bring him up. This thing is enough of a poo party without adding his lowbrow take on it.

So let me get this right because he hasn't made a decent game, you personally believe he has done some business backstabs ( proof?)  and he is rude to other people that are more than likely being rude to him also, you think he doesn't have a right express his opinion? 

Even more so you are telling me that I, a grown-ass man, can't bring him up or quote him EVER because... why again? 

Curious? not taking shots, ( I enjoy your posts generally) but I'm just curious...

How many decent games have you made and put out? Should we listen to you?

How many business deals have you done that were favorable for you? Isn't that the nature of business anyway? Everyone is trying to get something for themselves. Bigger question did DS screw YOU out of a business deal??

Lowbrow? Do you know how many lowbrow takes we see here on the regular?

Him being RUDE? haha Please don't get me started on rude on this website. Ive seen and screenshotted people saying outright racist, sexist, bigoted things here.

So remind me again why you and everybody else hates Derek Smart? He hasn't done anything more than what everyone else on this forum does. So what's the problem?

Everything he has said about CR managing this project has been true. I don't get the hate.. like at all. Again my post isn't about him, but I'm sick of people shitting on the man for no real apparent reason. I simply quoted him because what he said had some good insight and truth. All he has done was digging and reporting as far as I can tell. 

A lot of people sound like they have personal dealing with the man and have never met him once. It's all sheep biased opinion due to a few interactions with somebody on a message board.

Trust me, If I take that approach with all the shit I've seen and experienced on this board, I would say this place is a conservative boomer/GenX hangout spot for old dudes who can't let their glory years of playing DnD in moms basement during the 80s go. 

See how opinions based on little to no human interaction work? 

Don't let the internet trick you into hating a person you've never met. You can not like somebody's opinion but to treat somebody like you KNOW everything about them, because you dislike their opinion is dishonest. 
    BruceYeeKyleran

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    edited October 2020
    I don't care if you are Derek Smart, PigBoy or anyone else.   If you don't have one of these on your account your opinion doesn't count!

All I have ever wanted was SQ42... 
    Sigh

* Note the above was meant in good humor. 

OR WAS IT?
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    klash2def said:
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:

DS hasn't made a decent game, has pulled some super shady wicked business backstabs, and ends up being as rude or more so than the SC sycophants.

Roberts and this project piss me right the hell off just for proving him generally right. It fries me a bit.

But I agree. Don't bring him up. This thing is enough of a poo party without adding his lowbrow take on it.

So let me get this right because he hasn't made a decent game, you personally believe he has done some business backstabs ( proof?)  and he is rude to other people that are more than likely being rude to him also, you think he doesn't have a right express his opinion? 

Even more so you are telling me that I, a grown-ass man, can't bring him up or quote him EVER because... why again? 

Curious? not taking shots, ( I enjoy your posts generally) but I'm just curious...

How many business deals have you done that were favorable for you? Isn't that the nature of business anyway? Everyone is trying to get something for themselves. Bigger question did DS screw YOU out of a business deal??

Him being RUDE? haha Please don't get me started on rude on this website. Ive seen and screenshotted people saying outright racist, sexist, bigoted things here.

So remind me again why you and everybody else hates Derek Smart? He hasn't done anything more than what everyone else on this forum does. So what's the problem?

Everything he has said about CR managing this project has been true. I don't get the hate.. like at all. Again my post isn't about him, but I'm sick of people shitting on the man for no real apparent reason. I simply quoted him because what he said had some good insight and truth. All he has done was digging and reporting as far as I can tell. 

A lot of people sound like they have personal dealing with the man and have never met him once. It's all sheep biased opinion due to a few interactions with somebody on a message board.

Trust me, If I take that approach with all the shit I've seen and experienced on this board, I would say this place is a conservative boomer/GenX hangout spot for old dudes who can't let their glory years of playing DnD in moms basement during the 80s go. 

Don't let the internet trick you into hating a person you've never met. You can not like somebody's opinion but to treat somebody like you KNOW everything about them, because you dislike their opinion is dishonest. 

I gave you insightful because your post is a great insight into your views. You contradict your own words in your post by saying...

"Don't let the internet trick you into hating a person you've never met"

but insult/label people on this site by saying...

"Trust me, If I take that approach with all the shit I've seen and experienced on this board, I would say this place is a conservative boomer/GenX hangout spot for old dudes who can't let their glory years of playing DnD in moms basement during the 80s go."

then label more people by saying...

"Please don't get me started on rude on this website. Ive seen and screenshotted people saying outright racist, sexist, bigoted things here."

then say in your own words...
    "You can not like somebody's opinion but to treat somebody like you KNOW everything about them, because you dislike their opinion is dishonest."

You tell people not to judge complete strangers then go on to judge complete strangers... So which one is it?

Torval is just warning people to not take what DS says too seriously and "don't listen to him" is his own way of communicating that message.

I agree with what you said though that we shouldn't completely ignore someone just because they've been wrong in the past. In the specific case of SC anyone with a little life experience knows that everything DS said is just common sense stuff. Example is the audit part and everyone knows because it was reported in the main stream news that he used SC money to buy an island + fund his wife's Hollywood dreams.

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Chris Roberts and Derek Smart are like a coin, one is heads and the other is tails. Which is which does not matter.

They both toot their own horn so hard, the BS just covers everything.

After a while, trying to wade through what either one said is just a waste of your time.

Both of them have done shady things dealing with game development and gotten paid for doing it. So both are the same to me. Just a matter of scale is all.

As to this game SC...i still have the same question i had once the original crowd funding ended. If you have enough to make the game....why do they still keep taking the sheep for their cash and where is the game?

If they had put out a game like they promised, then taken the sheep for the rest...i would say fine...but no, they can't even produce the original S42 they said that was fully funded all those years ago.

I really have no clue how people can support anyone, that just takes and takes and takes, and still has not produced what was FULLY funded so many years ago. Since that time they have taken in like more than 200 million more....gamers are the most ignorant humans i have ever heard of..bar none.

Arglebargle
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Most of the hate for DS was propagated by the SC supporters, not many people realize they are playing into the propaganda. I guess they all figured as long as they can get their haters to agree with them on something, they can deflect attention away from the obvious culprit.  

Iselinklash2defKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    The biggest accomplishment of Derek Smarts career is the clever/backstabbing /sneaky ass way he stole Alganon from David Allen , then he managed to sink that ...
    edited October 2020
    Torval said:
    I'm not going to get into DS. Look up his history if you want to know Klash. Defend him if you want but he's no better than Roberts. The dumpster fire that is SC has enough fuel to burn all on its own. I didn't say he was wrong. I said he's disgusting and agreed that bringing him in adds nothing. Don't take it so personally ffs.

Torval I hear you, but I disagree. Bringing him in does a lot because he is the person who blew this whole thing up early and people crucified him for it. That's why I quoted him.

Please stop telling me how to post. I don't police your opinions and thoughts so don't do that to my stuff.  If you read his research on it, you will see there is a lot of truth because you can follow the money yourself..all he did was point at it.. people treat him like he did what CR did. It's insane. Nothing warrants the reaction people have towards this man. Look at your reaction.. you and others act like he robbed your grandmother. 

That part isn't personal for me.. I'm just curious why it's personal for everyone else. Everyone against this one guy, you tell me not to take it personally, but you're the one with a vendetta against a guy you've never met? A guy who has done nothing to you PERSONALLY, you hate so much that you can't stand to see anyone else quote the guy? 

Again, my point wasn't even about him.. but now I'm really going to look it up and see what the fuss is, last I heard he rubs people the wrong way based on how he writes? Is that what the gist is? Or is it because people were berating the man but he was right all along and they can't stand to admit they were wrong about him? 

To me, the guy is the first person to really put it out there that this SC thing was shitshow and he did it when everyone was in the honeymoon phase. I don't care about anything else..all the "but he's a horrible human" stuff sounds SUPER personal and like a narrative (created by CR fanboys) to distract from what he was saying about SC,  but again none of the people saying that actually know the man... and some of the people on this site are horrible humans too if we base it on posts... 

What is starting to feel personal for me is that I'm honestly starting to think the only reason people label him as "Jealous" is because he is a "failed" minority game developer. It's easier to pin labels on minorities trying to get into a predominately white male industry. See the thing is, POC have to do at least 5x more just to get in the door because we are measured by our success, not merits. It's true and always has been true especially in this industry. Especially in the 90s. I can name several game developers of color who failed because they only got ONE  chance. I can also name 1000s of white ones that failed and kept getting chance after chance..so Derek Smart to me maybe a little jaded but he has every right to be. The dude probably had a hell of a time trying to get his game made. Again none of that is my point. Its just truth. 

He may be eccentric but he spoke truth to power and If Derek Smart were a german white guy saying all this shit about SC I don't think the backlash would even be close to the same. It just shows that when a POC stands up to any type of power we always get shot down for even thinking we can have an opinion. That's bullshit IMO. 

Everyone is saying the same things he was saying back then RIGHT NOW and nobody is getting the backlash he got over it. Ask yourself why. 

Derek was right about this is my only point. That's why I quoted him. I don't care if his games are amazing or nonexistent. I don't care if he does his taxes or steals his internet.. I do think his race skews his words in people's minds because they feel like he shouldn't even have the audacity to speak on CR, but he does and they REALLY hate that MORE than they hate what CR has done to them! Think about that a second. Let it marinate. 

Look, it doesn't affect my real life. This post was a lot longer than I planned but He was right, so I quoted the man in my post. Bottom Line. If you don't like him so much you don't have to say anything about it, just ignore his name.

But don't police what I or others say because you don't like him.. you're just another random internet person like the rest of us. 
    Post edited by klash2def on
    MendelKyleran

edited October 2020
    BruceYee said:
    klash2def said:
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:

I gave you insightful because your post is a great insight into your views. You contradict your own words in your post by saying...

"Don't let the internet trick you into hating a person you've never met"

but insult/label people on this site by saying...

"Trust me, If I take that approach with all the shit I've seen and experienced on this board, I would say this place is a conservative boomer/GenX hangout spot for old dudes who can't let their glory years of playing DnD in moms basement during the 80s go."

then label more people by saying...

"Please don't get me started on rude on this website. Ive seen and screenshotted people saying outright racist, sexist, bigoted things here."

then say in your own words...
    "You can not like somebody's opinion but to treat somebody like you KNOW everything about them, because you dislike their opinion is dishonest."

You tell people not to judge complete strangers then go on to judge complete strangers... So which one is it?

Torval is just warning people to not take what DS says too seriously and "don't listen to him" is his own way of communicating that message.

I agree with what you said though that we shouldn't completely ignore someone just because they've been wrong in the past. In the specific case of SC anyone with a little life experience knows that everything DS said is just common sense stuff. Example is the audit part and everyone knows because it was reported in the main stream news that he used SC money to buy an island + fund his wife's Hollywood dreams.

Please tell me your reading comp is better than this? I Didn't judge anyone.. I didn't label anyone. nice try at taking my words out of context but you can't even do that properly I see. 

He said Derek was rude, I said people here are beyond rude, actually have some bigoted people here, this is a fact, not opinion. I didn't label, I told the truth.

I said I WOULD LABEL (KEYWORD WOULD) people this way if I took the same approach he and others are taking with DS.  Just labeling a man off no human interaction, 100% based on forum posts. Yes, IF basing on forum posts then that would be the label for some people here. That is based on what Ive seen here over the years. 

Again.. slow down and read. I write more than enough so you can understand. 

MendelKyleran

Sandmanjw said:
    Chris Roberts and Derek Smart are like a coin, one is heads and the other is tails. Which is which does not matter.

They both toot their own horn so hard, the BS just covers everything.

After a while, trying to wade through what either one said is just a waste of your time.

Both of them have done shady things dealing with game development and gotten paid for doing it. So both are the same to me. Just a matter of scale is all.

As to this game SC...i still have the same question i had once the original crowd funding ended. If you have enough to make the game....why do they still keep taking the sheep for their cash and where is the game?

If they had put out a game like they promised, then taken the sheep for the rest...i would say fine...but no, they can't even produce the original S42 they said that was fully funded all those years ago.

I really have no clue how people can support anyone, that just takes and takes and takes, and still has not produced what was FULLY funded so many years ago. Since that time they have taken in like more than 200 million more....gamers are the most ignorant humans i have ever heard of..bar none.

Proof of the DS stuff? we all know about CR but I didn't know DS had an alpha space sim game out making 100s of millions of dollars

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    klash2def said:

What is starting to feel personal for me is that Im honestly starting to think the only reason people label him as "Jealous" is because he is a failed minority game developer. It's easier to pin labels on minorities trying to get into a predominately white male industry. See the thing is, POC have to do at least 5x more just to get in the door because we are measured by our success, not merits. It's true and always has been true especially in this industry. Especially in the 90s. I can name several game developers of color who failed because they only got ONE  chance. I can also name 1000s of white ones that failed and kept getting chance after chance..so Derek Smart to me maybe a little jaded but he has every right to be. The dude probably had a hell of a time trying to get his game made. Again none of that is my point. Its just truth. 

Probably is speculation, not truth. Presumption as to why people feel as they do isn't truth either. You may be a bit jaded from your experiences.

Regardless, this type of argument tends to undermine the maker rather than bolster. It's an odd choice in what had otherwise been a sound approach.
    Scorchien said:
    The biggest accomplishment of Derek Smarts career is the clever/backstabbing /sneaky ass way he stole Alganon from David Allen , then he managed to sink that ...
    It was sunk before he arrived.  He actually kept it up longer than anyone else would have.

But yeah he is a complete tool.  This is the best thing related to the dude: