Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online 2 FREE Beta Stress Test!

1235»

Comments

• MaDeuceMaDeuce Member UncommonPosts: 145
    MaDeuce said:
    Trolling post Slapshot with your abuse in account mechanics that's real man stuff tough guy ;) get bigger
    There is no trolling.  I literally find your posts to be LOL funny.  If I made a stereotypical character of the Mortal Online player base these threads are what I would envision.  I try not to post in them because I think you are doing a great job of explaining the game on your own.

In all sincerity, I encourage you to keep going. 
    I sincerely hope that there can be mutual ground/understanding to stand upon, to have fair and just debate. I hate the way that some folks have already decided to not look beyond the surface of what might be their past player experience.. How can one know for sure but to only test and give recent opinion. (good or bad)  
    edited October 2020
    . XD
    Post edited by MaDeuce on
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Did you just reply to yourself MaDeuce?
    Asheram said:
    Did you just reply to yourself MaDeuce?
    It got your attention  ;)
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    MaDeuce said:
    MaDeuce said:
    MaDeuce said:
    Trolling post Slapshot with your abuse in account mechanics that's real man stuff tough guy ;) get bigger
    There is no trolling.  I literally find your posts to be LOL funny.  If I made a stereotypical character of the Mortal Online player base these threads are what I would envision.  I try not to post in them because I think you are doing a great job of explaining the game on your own.

In all sincerity, I encourage you to keep going. 
    I sincerely hope that there can be mutual ground/understanding to stand upon, to have fair and just debate. I hate the way that some folks have already decided to not look beyond the surface of what might be their past player experience.. How can one know for sure but to only test and give recent opinion. (good or bad)  
    You do find yourself to be able to critic MO2 or no? I'm interested to know how this interaction will take place now.
    I think you logged into the wrong account.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

If you scroll your curser over right corner of post there is an edit wheel, just in case you was trying to add to the original post. Just an fyi. ;)
    So do we plan to banter all day? or can we agree to agree, disagree love and or make war?
    https://www.mortalonline2.com/alpha/
    Asheram said:
    If you scroll your curser over right corner of post there is an edit wheel, just in case you was trying to add to the original post. Just an fyi. ;)
    thank you
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    muthax said:
    I think I gonna check out Medieval Dynasty, thanks
    Use the PROMO code AXYD85G to save 10% on the game (I'm shilling for them)
    Now this is forum pvp... shills out shilling others.

Do we have a 20% discount code for MO2 counter offer?
    AsheramMaDeuce
  • RhiasRhias Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Nice patch today. Great progress.

Livestream currently going on:

Teamfights will start in a few minutes...

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    remsleep said:
    MaDeuce said:
    Mortal online 2 is very unique in build as being a strong community base mmorpg pvp/pve sandbox.
    To have a "strong" community, you must start by having a decent number of players... :#

True - but sometimes the games with very low number of players (like few hundred) have the strongest communities - example Project Gorgon

Oh yes, sometimes a few people gather around a piece of turd... that doesn't make them a strong community, just a bunch of people with more patience than me for crap ;)
    How many million people played WoW? The largest shit pile of an MMO to date. Quite frankly you'd been better off just not posting in this thread at all.

Oh really? Because I've been playing MMOs before you ever knew what it was, and I happened to play the most popular of them, I should shut up ?
    You're in the Pub here, kid, not the MO2 specific forum... so get lost, I will keep on posting ;)
    Don't want me raining on your parade? Post on your game specific forums. I will NEVER go on the forums of a game I'm not interested in and stay to bash the game. You can check my post history. But here in the Pub, you are FFA !
    Typical. What does this comment have to do with what I said? Nothing. Because you don’t have an argument and will continue to flail. 

You think you’ve been playing mmos longer, you haven’t and it’s completely irrelevant. 

Sometimes it’s better to be quiet and tight a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

You’ve removed that doubt. 

I’ll repeat one last time in case you missed it, just because a lot of people play a game doesn’t meant it’s not a turd. It just means you followed a pack. 
    Gdemami
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Mortal Online stares longingly at dumpster fires because they have neither a dumpster nor a fire and are just a pile of trash.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

edited November 2020
    Well Darkfall got a couple of second chances so shouldnt MO? What they are showing doesnt look too bad but if they plan to only run 1 server for the whole planet then its a hard pass.

Atlas has already shown how that isnt really a good idea and esp seeing how this is a game that is heavily reliant on ping melee combat etc.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    remsleep said:
    MaDeuce said:
    Mortal online 2 is very unique in build as being a strong community base mmorpg pvp/pve sandbox.
    To have a "strong" community, you must start by having a decent number of players... :#

True - but sometimes the games with very low number of players (like few hundred) have the strongest communities - example Project Gorgon

Oh yes, sometimes a few people gather around a piece of turd... that doesn't make them a strong community, just a bunch of people with more patience than me for crap ;)
    How many million people played WoW? The largest shit pile of an MMO to date. Quite frankly you'd been better off just not posting in this thread at all.

Oh really? Because I've been playing MMOs before you ever knew what it was, and I happened to play the most popular of them, I should shut up ?
    You're in the Pub here, kid, not the MO2 specific forum... so get lost, I will keep on posting ;)
    Don't want me raining on your parade? Post on your game specific forums. I will NEVER go on the forums of a game I'm not interested in and stay to bash the game. You can check my post history. But here in the Pub, you are FFA !
    Typical. What does this comment have to do with what I said? Nothing. Because you don’t have an argument and will continue to flail. 

You think you’ve been playing mmos longer, you haven’t and it’s completely irrelevant. 

Sometimes it’s better to be quiet and tight a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

You’ve removed that doubt. 

I’ll repeat one last time in case you missed it, just because a lot of people play a game doesn’t meant it’s not a turd. It just means you followed a pack. 
    Then again, just because many people play a hugely succesful game you don’t like doesn’t mean it is a turd. You just don’t like it, no big deal.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is actually some positive in there aside from seeing what looks like a very weak game design.

The positive is nothing on the screen to ruin immersion,the nodes look like part of the world instead of sparkles or lights coming off them is all a positive for me.No destination markers or markers over top of something.

The fire pit needs an upgrade lol,yes i notice EVERYTHING.I did not see enough wildlife and that one goat looking creature had no Ai,it should have got up and start running soon you hit it once.
    The buildings need working doors,yes that bothers me when games don't do it.
    To me this just looks like MO1 all over again,trying to resell the same thing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RhiasRhias Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Wizardry said:
    There is actually some positive in there aside from seeing what looks like a very weak game design.

The positive is nothing on the screen to ruin immersion,the nodes look like part of the world instead of sparkles or lights coming off them is all a positive for me.No destination markers or markers over top of something.

The fire pit needs an upgrade lol,yes i notice EVERYTHING.I did not see enough wildlife and that one goat looking creature had no Ai,it should have got up and start running soon you hit it once.
    The buildings need working doors,yes that bothers me when games don't do it.
    To me this just looks like MO1 all over again,trying to resell the same thing.

Actually AI starts running, but I was lucky and sneaked up from behind before it noticed. Actually I wasn't able to pull that of second time yesterday.

But yes, it did not start running after getting hit. And that's actually intended. They will get "stunned" after hitting them for a massive amount of damage e.g. with a maul. Or otherwise you wouldn't be able to catch them unless you oneshot them.

It's just the first version of the AI and there is some polishment needed. But some key parts do work, that didn't in MO1. AI is not able to walk through objects (or kind of fly in the sky) and it is not able to walk up terrains that it shouldn't (e.g. cliffs, walls, trees...).
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Rhias said:

It's just the first version of the AI and there is some polishment needed. 
    Yup, and one thing we have learned from the fiasco that was Mortal Online is that Starvault is great at polishing things up....  right?
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018