Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online 2 FREE Beta Stress Test!

Comments

• atr3auatr3au Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    lahnmir said:
    Wow, these “new” accounts are really selling the game, can’t wait to jump in.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Didn't realize mmorpg accounts were given at birth..  
    Slapshot1188
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    atr3au said:
    lahnmir said:
    Wow, these “new” accounts are really selling the game, can’t wait to jump in.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    No, but apparently snarky attitudes are.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Sandmanjw
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MaDeuceMaDeuce Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Oh my bad MO2 18+ game! Real men and women only! ALL others... lel
    Slapshot1188
  • Kuroi_TaigaKuroi_Taiga Member UncommonPosts: 29
    people are really salty nowadays

combat alpha is going pretty good, it's gonna be a blast once the persistent server is gonna be live
    Slapshot1188Gallai
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Rhoklaw said:

combat alpha is going pretty good, it's gonna be a blast once the persistent server is gonna be live
    No, people are not salty, but they are not stupid either. No one and I mean NO ONE has made a successful OWPvP Full Loot MMO that survived on just those merits alone. Either it died a horrible death or mechanics were drastically changed to accommodate the much larger PvE crowd, like UO Trammel. 
    Yes mostly it is because of 2 issued.

1. Penalties for mindless PKing not harsh enough

Leading to:
    2. PvP randomly killing everything and driving casual players away. Leaving nothing left behind than themselves and wondering why the Game dies.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]muthax

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

Rhoklaw said:

No, people are not salty, but they are not stupid either. No one and I mean NO ONE has made a successful OWPvP Full Loot MMO that survived on just those merits alone. Either it died a horrible death or mechanics were drastically changed to accommodate the much larger PvE crowd, like UO Trammel. 
    No need to assume people are stupid for trying and loving a hardcore PvP/PvE game such as MO2. Again, FREE BETA TEST!! https://www.mortalonline2.com/ JOIN and Judge for yourself! Mature "BIG BRAIN" audience only!! ;)
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    MaDeuce said:
    Rhoklaw said:

No need to assume people are stupid for trying and loving a hardcore PvP/PvE game such as MO2. Again, FREE BETA TEST!! https://www.mortalonline2.com/ JOIN and Judge for yourself! Mature "BIG BRAIN" audience only!! ;)
    Really...and people wonder why these games are DOA...
    [Deleted User]
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172

Also for the pvers that constantly complain about toxic community with pvp games.. Dont act like your pve game has such a loving group of players everywhere you go.. Just cause you play with your guild you like, dont act like they are friendly to everyone OR that that entire server is that way.. Each game, each server will always have THAT group regardless of game type or setting.

I have total control of my interactions and exposure to others in PvE games. Whatever toxicity is present is quite irrelevant when I have the means available to avoid it entirely at my option. I don't have that in PvP games, making me subject to whatever toxicity  others choose to inflict on or around me.

Toxicity is inevitable in either, but only unavoidable in one.
    [Deleted User]
    MaDeuce said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Nobody is stupid for enjoying hardcore PvP games. I don't think many games like that have had a great deal of success so it may not be the best choice of game to develop.

Who can say, though. A fair number of companies seem to be tossing their hats into that ring so must be seeing profit potential there.

I'm not a fan of PvP personally. Regardless it would be nice if fans could have a number of decent alternatives to increase their chance of finding one suited to their taste. Perhaps MO2 will provide that to some, so is well worth checking out for those inclined.
    MaDeuce
    I find your lack of faith for Beta testing in the MMORPG Community disturbing 
    I dont get it. Some of THOSE in a mmorpg.com community not in support of Beta testing an MMO?! Then complain about DOA... Support your MMO community for Fak sake!

No need to assume people are stupid for trying and loving a hardcore PvP/PvE game such as MO2. Again, FREE BETA TEST!! https://www.mortalonline2.com/ JOIN and Judge for yourself! Mature "BIG BRAIN" audience only!! 
    Slapshot1188
    MaDeuce said:
    I dont get it. Some of THOSE in a mmorpg.com community not in support of Beta testing an MMO?! Then complain about DOA... Support your MMO community for Fak sake!

No need to assume people are stupid for trying and loving a hardcore PvP/PvE game such as MO2. Again, FREE BETA TEST!! https://www.mortalonline2.com/ JOIN and Judge for yourself! Mature "BIG BRAIN" audience only!! 
    Because the game isn’t chasing away potential players, you lot are with your juvenile “big brain” nonsense and ToXiC EnviRomeNt lols.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

edited October 2020
    Thats pretty Judge mental... Must be your Legendary Lahnmir. Now that's toxic and Juvenile. Being Hyped about a great game like MO2 and supporting.. well that's just being positive which your having trouble being supporting MMO's. YOU LOT LOL come on kid! do you play games 18+?? For real!

MaDeuce said:
    Thats pretty Judge mental... Must be your Legendary Lahnmir. Now that's toxic and Juvenile. Being Hyped about a great game like MO2 and supporting.. well that's just being positive which your having trouble being supporting MMO's. YOU LOT LOL come on kid! do you play games 18+?? For real!

Thanks for confirming what I said.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]IselinMaDeuce

MaDeuce said:

The amount of things I lack faith in can be downright horrifying.
    MaDeuce said:

I guess we not going to switch movie lines.. Hmm interesting group... 

Again Testing... If you are into PVP/PVE games Join "MO2 Beta Stress Testing"  The demographic audience is Mature 18+ 

BIg Brain = Intelligent

Little Brain = Close minded 

MaDeuce said:
    MaDeuce said:

I guess we not going to switch movie lines.. Hmm interesting group... 

Likely not, as I don't watch many movies. How my personal interests and nature reflect on the group I can't imagine, as like any other with numerous persons the individuals within vary widely in taste and inclination.
    MaDeuce
    But Jean-Luc.. What does one do with the holodeck and food replicator? Create content and substance to consume.. Lil secret... *Spoiler for MO2*

Again Testing... If you are into PVP/PVE games Join "MO2 Beta Stress Testing"  The demographic audience is Mature 18+ 

BIg Brain = Intelligent

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    MaDeuce said:
    But Jean-Luc.. What does one do with the holodeck and food replicator? Create content and substance to consume.. Lil secret... *Spoiler for MO2*

BIg Brain = Intelligent

I was an original purchaser of Mortal Online.  I was there for sausage lake.  The demographic audience was 18+ not because they were mature but because they could run around with their dicks and boobs out.

I was there when they laid off almost all their staff except for I believe 1 guy.  I was there for the horrible bugs and cheating.   Ask about "Russian" if you are a new player.

The lead developer used to have an Obama-like poster of himself with the word HOPE overlaid on it as his avatar.

Believe me, supporting Henrich is in no way a "Big Brain" move.
    [Deleted User]MaDeuce[Deleted User]Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    As a wise man once said: "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

Still best of luck to them I guess and hope it works out for those looking forward to it.
    MaDeuce

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• atr3auatr3au Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    lahnmir said:
    atr3au said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Clearly intelligence isn't.  

/Cheers 

:)
  • Kuroi_TaigaKuroi_Taiga Member UncommonPosts: 29

The lead developer used to have an Obama-like poster of himself with the word HOPE overlaid on it as his avatar.

and...?

i made that profile pic for him for the memes and for fun, he loved it and used it, that's it.

you talk about it like he's some ego-maniac lol
    MaDeuceGdemami
    atr3au said:
    lahnmir said:
    atr3au said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Clearly intelligence isn't.  

/Cheers 

:)
    Thanks for confirming  what I said.

I am pretty sure by now the community here is just dying to join your amazing group of players, you lot really keep promoting yourselves.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]MaDeuceGdemami

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Torval said:
    Good read, good read! This thread delivered. It'll be fun to revisit in a couple years for a laugh. Bad ideas, worse execution, horrible community being douche canoes to try and attract more players. :lol:
    You sound like a Harbinger!!!
    [Deleted User]MaDeuce

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018