Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV's Skill System is Getting Huge Changes | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:
    lahnmir said:
    Neoyoshi said:

Hmmmmm, i like the Art of the tree, but as a system for skill allocation, i really believe they can do a lot better then this.

EDIT: If it were me though, and the team was deadset on using the whole evil tree visual, i would lean the hell in to that, and go nuts, and use ever tiny branch, every bit of bark texture, as a skill path.

Essentially, a serious Diablo 4 project would be set on trying to out class it's competitor" "Path of Exile" and PoE's skill node system is bonkersvill.

The diablo 4 team needs to out do that, and by looking at this tree; it's not even coming close to outclassing PoE; and that should be their motivation to raise the bar here.

I think the last thing D4 needs is a bigger skilltree then the bloated clusterf that is PoE. What D4 needs is several systems of actives/passives/modifiers that all have an effect on each other. Last Epoch is really the game to look at and outdo.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Speaking of Last Epoch, which I think is a game ARPG fans should watching, this is how you do updates. They're consistent, to the point, and informative. https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/899770/view/2903090950656968956

I hope Last Epoch gets more coverage here as time progresses. I bought it during the Steam Summer Sale and have no regrets about the Early Access purchase. This team is focused and knows what it wants to deliver. It's easy to tell that by their posts. I find it refreshing.

Ive been playing/testing Last Epoch for over 2 years now , and its shapeing up nicely , still a little put off of the lack of actual range weapons and Ranged class to date , they have been pushing it for a very long time , Now saying at 1.0 which is odd to me as it will require alot of balance at that point , as we have not seen the class or Gear/Skils to test at all to this point..
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Gorwe said:
    Aeander said:
    Gorwe said:
    So, it's the inverse of Rift? Passives are now roots and Actives branches...
    You know, I always thought that Rift had a foundationally great build system. The only real problem is that, as a trinity game, it was loaded with aggro/taunt based skills that had no application in PvP, which made a lot of potentially cool combinations substantially less so.
    Rift had so many good ideas, too bad it didn't go anywhere. I mean, you had the sexy skill tree, the entire Defiant faction etc, but then you had the completely vanilla implementation, gameplay, Human/Dwarf/Elf faction...

...the game could've been so good, sadly it is not. And now it's dead, fitting, no?

See I didn't think they had hardly any origianl ideas...To me it felt like they just stole everything from Warhammer and WoW and made a game from the ideas of those 2 games. The Rifts that were supposed to be so unique were nothing more than public quests from Warhammer.