Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Genshin Impact Officially Launches In The West, Gets New Gameplay Trailer | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

koldmiser said:

Their download servers suck!

True for PC which I have a nice gaming PC and good internet it took me 4 hours client was 11gb but on my PS4 took only 10 minutes go figure.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    DeadSpock said:
    I'm hooked been playing 2 days straight. I can't believe a game that is for mobile as well is so detailed and so much to do. All new game for years now have very little exploring and this one has tons and tons of exploring and fighting, gathering in open world setting. Did some research online and some say it's a Zelda clone for free, I never played Zelda but if it's like this might have to buy it on switch to try it cause this game is that awesome.
    Genshin is surprisingly good. Zelda: BotW is much better.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    etlar
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    lahnmir said:
    DeadSpock said:
    I'm hooked been playing 2 days straight. I can't believe a game that is for mobile as well is so detailed and so much to do. All new game for years now have very little exploring and this one has tons and tons of exploring and fighting, gathering in open world setting. Did some research online and some say it's a Zelda clone for free, I never played Zelda but if it's like this might have to buy it on switch to try it cause this game is that awesome.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Well a free chinese clone verse like a 200$+ legitimate investment (buying the thing you need to play it plus the game), its very good for what it offers. If you can not get trapped in the monetization then you should be okay (I'm not saying don't buy stuff, I'm saying don't get sucked into the 'one-more-roll' psychology gacha game generate).
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Albatroes said:
    lahnmir said:
    DeadSpock said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Well a free chinese clone verse like a 200$+ legitimate investment (buying the thing you need to play it plus the game), its very good for what it offers. If you can not get trapped in the monetization then you should be okay (I'm not saying don't buy stuff, I'm saying don't get sucked into the 'one-more-roll' psychology gacha game generate).
    Definitely, I was just advising Deadspock to get a Switch  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    DeadSpock said:
    Zelda is also a good game but Genshin is absolutely nothing like Zelda.
  • d3ck3rd3ck3r Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited October 2020
    how the f**k you dont have vertical mouse invert in 2020????
    before you complain why someone would use invert, read this:
    https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/feb/28/why-do-video-game-players-invert-the-controls
    Post edited by d3ck3r on
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    It's a fun cute little game and surprisingly decent quality, but I can't give a full-throated endorsement due to the abhorrent monetization.  I know it's par for the course with gachas but this one has probably the worst pull rates I've ever seen (0.6% for a 5*).  I'd wait to spend $, if at all, for the devs to come off of that trash drop rate.  They'll have to do better eventually.  The game can be something pretty decent if they don't scare off anyone who won't spend $200 a month on it before it gets there. 

Once all the quests and chests are depleted the primogem (cash shop currency) intake will slow to a trickle.  I can't see it being worth playing after finishing the story at this point, devs got a little tooo greedy with what would otherwise be a decent side game.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Damn it stop making me want to try this. I saw my cousin's son playing this too.... grrr... it's a conspiracy to break my reservations and wear me down.
    cheyane

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    kitarad said:
    Damn it stop making me want to try this. I saw my cousin's son playing this too.... grrr... it's a conspiracy to break my reservations and wear me down.
    Its surprisingly good, you should give it a go if you have some free time.

The Japanese voice acting makes it even better, so I recommend switching to that in the settings and having the UI in English if you can't read Japanese.
    Found out its a Chinese game a little to late as I'm addicted lt it and can't stop playing now. If I knew ahead of time would have never try it at all. 
    I boycott China and all their products.
    Also in Japan people called this company out as the iPhone version was loaded with some program to get your info and the conpany didn't even refuse it they said was done by mistake ... 1st Tik Tok and now the video games I am sure China is up to no good and wants to conquer us all.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    DeadSpock said:
    Found out its a Chinese game a little to late as I'm addicted lt it and can't stop playing now. If I knew ahead of time would have never try it at all. 
    I boycott China and all their products.
    Also in Japan people called this company out as the iPhone version was loaded with some program to get your info and the conpany didn't even refuse it they said was done by mistake ... 1st Tik Tok and now the video games I am sure China is up to no good and wants to conquer us all.

dude its a chinese game, by now you should know all chinese softwares have spyware and others "goodies" on then
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    The percent rolls in this one really are very low. 0.6% for a 5 star. Which to my understanding is your chance to get any 5 star. 

Even FE Heroes, which from my experience is also pretty stingy, has a 3% focus, and 3% off focus rate on 5 stars on normal banners. 

The only thing sparing this one is that the core gameplay is quite good, and it doesn't seem to have any kind of competitive or forced grouping element (yet) to create that need to pay to win. 
    Had to unistall it from PC and clean up as I start getting notifications on my phone blizzard Authenticator saying this (chinese characters) tried to log in.
    Don't get the game regardless how good it is its going to get you other accounts details from your pc.
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    This game has kernel level anti-cheat protection, just a heads up.  It was running even after shutting down the game and uninstalling it, but they've changed that aspect of it now due to backlash.