Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dire Lord Gameplay Preview

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
edited September 2020 in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

6:20 - Gets to in game about the Dire Lord skills

17:50 - Gets in the game with gameplay with a team - 1 DR and 2 Shaman

26:40 - Jumps team level to 30, full skill kit

31:50 - Shaman jumps, to dispel that Pantheon does not have jumping

32:46 - Back to talking heads

34:42 - Patch Notes - Some interesting stuff

43:07 - Answering fan questions

Post edited by Nanfoodle on
AmathecheyaneKumapon

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Thanks Nan.
    Nanfoodlecheyane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    edited September 2020
    I have to say, it seems like a unique tanking class. Its not just a copy of something from EQ1 or any other game. Med armor, cool regen health skills, some interesting tools to deal with casters. Also a tank thats main focus on damage is crit damage that triggers other skills and passives. My Bard will sing many dark and twisted songs when I team with them. 
    jdnycCatibrie
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,725
    Not too much new info on Dire Lord that we haven't already seen but always nice to see new gameplay. Really liking the UI, very clean and functional looking.

What really got my intention was Joppa discussing the faction and /con system. It seems very intricate and ties in with the keeper profession as well. Some mobs can even be immune to your /con and you'll need a Keeper with high skill to get info on it.

It starts here and Joppa talks about it for a good 5 minutes.

Catibrie
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2020
    It is imo a copy cat design of the Shadowknight.

None the less something that really turns me off are dumb idea because they don't make plausible realistic sense.
    "point allotment"I detest that design.

Your character should just learn things over time and becoming better with those skills by using them.It should never be a case of,oh i have these points and if I put a point here WHALLA I am newly skilled.It is the complete OPPOSITE of plausible realism ,something I would expect from Blizzard.

My take on why any developer would do it,i suppose they have that mentality themselves or feel there is a market that enjoys getting to put points down.I am not after goofy ideas to appease my fiddling around,i want a design that brings out the plausible realism of a character living in a plausible world.

It carries the same idealized thought process that goes into instancing a game,i don't like it.Zoning i am ok with but not instancing.

"threat" or we can call hate same thing.Every single action should garner hate/threat,just like in real life,if you did something as simple as just moving in front of a beast,like a lion it would cause a reaction from the Lion.This is a more realistic design instead of these phantom things or whatever they are.

"timers"the exact same dumb timers from the EQ designs.Example this "essence"idea is a 2 sec timer....zzzzzzzzzzz.So these guys just can't escape the poor design ideas from EQ.If this tank is a magic mitigator there shoudl be a spell or ability casts that last at least 2-5 maybe even 20 minutes.Even better is this essence buff would become better over time,the more you use it the better it becomes.Slow/rooted again 3 secs 5 secs ,just awful and turns me off.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "Mastery" using these point upgrades just irks me.

These abilities should be getting better gradually over time and not improved by jotting down a point.

So if I don't put down a point,somehow my player doesn't improve ,jot a point and I do,it makes ZERO sense.So using an example,i could play for 500 years and i never jotted down a point my player would not have got better at anything,but some player playing for 1 day jots down pints and is more skilled than me ..lol.

I want to walk up whoever thought this was a good idea and just look at them,shake my head and then ask "do you have ANY clue?".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    are you really ever happy with anything Wizard?

dragonlee66
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I agree with Nan that the UI is looking good.
    Nanfoodleachesoma

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

I really hope they do this with all the classes over the coming months. With the streams, the person the stream is focused on has often been playing the same class again and again. I would love to see the summoner and wizard, also the enchanter done this way.
    Catibrie
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    Interesting reveal thank you @Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    Chamber of Chains
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,725
    Nanfoodle said:
    I really hope they do this with all the classes over the coming months. With the streams, the person the stream is focused on has often been playing the same class again and again. I would love to see the summoner and wizard, also the enchanter done this way.

They are. Ben mentioned it in the stream. The Wizard and Rogue will be up next.
    Nanfoodle
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I'm glad the models have taken a step back in detail from the over polished models we were shown before. 
     It does make me wonder why they would take the time to show us the other models?  This seems to be reoccurring.
    TwoTubes said:
    I'm glad the models have taken a step back in detail from the over polished models we were shown before. 
     It does make me wonder why they would take the time to show us the other models?  This seems to be reoccurring.
    Games often have different patch levels. They can be testing playing one patch and show off screens on a build they are working on. 
    achesomaCatibrie
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Thats not what happened...do you even pay attention to what the dev team tells us?  You don't have to answer, its been made clear.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Looking good. 

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/