Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ps5/XboxX? Nah, I'll be going Monster Hunter Rise on Switch first

lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
This just came in and I can't believe it, a brand new Monster Hunter for Switch. It looks great, has mounts, free movement and it has a worldwide release 26th of March 2021. The new consoles can wait.

/Cheers,
Lahnmir
'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

[Deleted User]

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Yeah we (our fam) are fans of the Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Switch title and are looking forward to this as well. The Switch is a great little console! 
    The Monster Hunter series is such a win of a franchise
    It is, Rise is looking absolutely stunning as well. Never thought it would look that good. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I'm looking forward to it, as a Switch fan and a MHW fan. I'd say it's currently my second most anticipated upcoming Switch game right now, after HW: Age of Calamity.

Granted, I know that isn't a huge statement. Nintendo's announcement slate is pretty sparse right now. 2020 was not kind to them on the communication front.
    edited September 2020
    Aeander said:
    I'm looking forward to it, as a Switch fan and a MHW fan. I'd say it's currently my second most anticipated upcoming Switch game right now, after HW: Age of Calamity.

Granted, I know that isn't a huge statement. Nintendo's announcement slate is pretty sparse right now. 2020 was not kind to them on the communication front.
    Rune Factory 5 has me drooling as well. HW: Age of Calamity comes after that for me. MH: Rise is my top five though, all five spots, the other two come after that.

And I still have the following to play:

-Pokemon Sword
    -Paper Mario
    -Wargroove
    -Xenoverse 2/DMC3/Darksiders 2

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:

Rune Factory 5 has me drooling as well. HW: Age of Calamity comes after that for me. MH: Rise is my top five though, all five spots, the other two come after that.

And I still have the following to play:

-Pokemon Sword
    -Paper Mario
    -Wargroove
    -Xenoverse 2/DMC3/Darksiders 2

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    While I am disappointed with Nintendo's lack of current clarity on their 2021 plans, I must also admit that I still have much to play.

Namely:
    Trails of Cold Steel 3
    Hyrule Warriors
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Fire Emblem Three Houses (3rd playthrough)
    Xenoblade 1, 2, and Torna
    Ghost of Tsushima

And there's still much that I am looking forward to:
    HW Age of Calamity
    Monster Hunter Rise
    Trails of Cold Steel 4
    Hajimari No Kiseki (Trails ot Cold Steel 5?)
    Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

And it's not like my favorite Nintendo franchises are going anywhere. There's going to be another Fire Emblem. I just don't know when. HW Age of Calamity just multiplied the odds that I'll get another FE Warriors. There's going to be more content for Smash Bros. There's going to be more Zelda. There's gonna be a lot more Mario.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Talking of Ys, I saw Ys Origins is releasing on Switch soon too. And it has a physical release for a modest price of 30 bucks  :)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I hope there will be a dachshund skin for the doggo. 

I'm laughing out loud just thinking of the idea of a fully geared hunter flopping around majestically towards a giant dragon on his weenie dog mount.
  • jloost-gamerjloost-gamer Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    What I absolutely love is thay it supposedly offers a combination of split-screen and online co-op (waaay to few games have this!), which means I can play with my 2 MH friends and my girlfriend can tag along next to me on the couch!
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited February 2021
    Despite Delete's thread on terrible management and marketing... Nintendo survived and then thrived the console wars because of those "evil" corporate folks.

Marketing 101... serve a niche/demographic (young kids mainly), support your core Brands and IP (Mario/Zelda/etc), innovate (don't chase), create a great product.

I wrote how a Nintendo switch was going for as much as a new  next gen Playstation or Xbox this Christmas. ;)
  • JungleHeartJungleHeart Newbie CommonPosts: 23
    Hard to believe, looking at the OP's time stamp, it's been a while since the game came out and now we're looking forward to Sunbreak.

I stopped playing MH Rise but would love to get back to it once Sunbreak releases. It's gonna be goood.
    "Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning"
    —Suikoden I

Weapons of choice: Series X and Switch
  • SajanZaynSajanZayn Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    A brand new Monster Hunter for Switch with mounts, free movement, and a global release on March 26, 2021. B)