Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New headphones/headset

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
edited September 2020 in Hardware
Hello, I've been thinking about getting a new pair of headphones/headset. I'm currently using a pair of hifi earbuds and it's time for an upgrade. I've been eyeing my friend's steelseries arctis 7 headset 2019 edition and before jumping on conclusions, I thought about asking people here.

The most important thing i'm seeking is comfort (I get headaches easily from headphones/headsets which is why I've been using earbuds and I also wear glasses), and some noise cancelling. I currently have a budget stand microphone. Based on feedback, it sounds better than my other options (have a steelseries siberia neckband) so there's that to keep in mind. I have no preference between headphones or headsets if the microphone sounds good. With that said, I'd prefer the option of being able to move the microphone easily out of the way, or be retractable.

For a budget, I'd rather keep it around 100 euro. Will probably wait for black friday or some other deals. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I understand that since I'm going for a sale deal, the price is not guaranteed. Just looking for suggestions on what you audiophiles deem good headphones/headsets for gaming.

Thanks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Have you thought about Raycon headphones, if you use this promo code you can get 10% off?
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I don’t recommend corsair
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Cleffy said:
    Have you thought about Raycon headphones, if you use this promo code you can get 10% off?
    I haven't. I've seen a lot of youtubers getting sponsored by them, and that's it. 

Any reason why I should go for raycon tough?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited September 2020
    ...look for proper headphones instead of gaming equipment.

Besides, if comfort is your priority, no one can tell what headphones will suit you. That is also a reason why buy audio equipment instead of gaming one - there are showrooms with headphones where you can try them yourself.
    Babuinix
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I would recommend a mic and speakers, if you have issues wearing headphones no sort of headphone will stop that happening.
    edited September 2020
    Scot said:
    I would recommend a mic and speakers, if you have issues wearing headphones no sort of headphone will stop that happening.
    No can do. 

I'm not alone in the room, and speakers would be a huge pain if I'm talking with friends on discord.

Gdemami said:

Besides, if comfort is your priority, no one can tell what headphones will suit you. That is also a reason why buy audio equipment instead of gaming one - there are showrooms with headphones where you can try them yourself.
    The problem with going to a store and wearing them, is that all headphones/headsets I tried are fine for the beginning, it's the prolonged pressure that gets me. As such, it's difficult to establish what is good. Also, my country sucks balls and I don't know of a single store I could try a wide variety of audio equipment before buying it. 

I'm sure there's people here that wear glasses while wearing headphones/headsets. They could provide suggestions that catered to their needs, and most probably could to my needs as well.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Bloodaxes said:
    They could provide suggestions that catered to their needs, and most probably could to my needs as well.
    ...highly unlikely, they do not have your head nor ears. Do you expect shoes to be comfortable just because they are your size?

Headphones - both comfort and perception of sound reproduction are to large extent subjective.

If you are going blind(not recommended), I would suggest some cheap copies or outright china products. They are really, really good in sound and even the build is decent quality. That way you can buy 4-5 headphones for the price of 1 branded ones so the chances are you will find some that fits you.

Superlux makes some great copies of more expensive branded headphones.

Tesco used to sell Maxell Retro DJ headphones, very decent sound for less than 20 EUR.
    Bloodaxes
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Gdemami said:

+1

Sennheiser, Bose, Sony all have quality sound and ergonomic options. Having a mic included might be a problem though. 
    Having a microphone is optional, I have a stand microphone. I just included the option headset as some are fairly good as well.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Bloodaxes said:
    Having a microphone is optional, I have a stand microphone. I just included the option headset as some are fairly good as well.

Blackfriday always bring great deals so I'd wait for it definitely. As for ergonomics I'd say if you don't have the option to try them IRL the next step would be maybe to go to Twitch and try to find streamers with a similar headshape as yours, see what they are wearing and maybe ask some questions!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I have comfort issues as well. I have a large head so most headsets are too tight. The Audio-Technica headset I love is about 160 Euros but the comfort and sound quality are killer. The battery life on them are the best I have owned on any headset. They come with a wired option as well when you really want that killer sound quality. The mic for when you talk to people with the head set is the only downside. People say I sound clear but its slightly tinny. I have seen these on sale at the 100-120 EURO mark. 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BPFW2QD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Bloodaxes