Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight III State of the Game Highlights UI Scale, Widescreen, and More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 5,023
edited September 15 in News & Features Discussion

imageTorchlight III State of the Game Highlights UI Scale, Widescreen, and More

A recent State of the Game for Torchlight III touched on UI scaling, widescreen, and more.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 226
    They're making the game worse with every iteration!

    It was actually quite pleasant to play at early access launch...

    ...abysmal now...make or break time frankly.
    exile01elveone
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • ZegalothZegaloth Member UncommonPosts: 234


    They're making the game worse with every iteration!



    It was actually quite pleasant to play at early access launch...



    ...abysmal now...make or break time frankly.



    I have played about 3 hours at the beginning of early access, and just before this most recent patch, and I would have to disagree with you. Gameplay is feeling a lot more fluid, and I really enjoy the extra relic subclass options.

    I also don't see how you could dislike more options for more players. UI scale, and widescreen support is great!
    elveone
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 816
    edited September 15
    This says it all - Torchlight 3 is less populated than T2 image If you log into T3 now - you are one of the 67 players online lol
    strawhat0981NanfoodleBruceYeeelveone
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 671

    remsleep said:

    This says it all - Torchlight 3 is less populated than T2
    image

    If you log into T3 now - you are one of the 67 players online lol



    Maybe becouse everyone waiting for wipe and full release?
    StoneRoseselveone
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    saurus123 said:

    remsleep said:

    This says it all - Torchlight 3 is less populated than T2
    image

    If you log into T3 now - you are one of the 67 players online lol



    Maybe becouse everyone waiting for wipe and full release?
    ...Maybe- But thats not a good sign regardless.
    elveone
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Should've stuck with the MMO instead of listening to the 66 people asking for the single player game instead.
    elveone
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 816
    edited September 16
    saurus123 said:

    remsleep said:

    This says it all - Torchlight 3 is less populated than T2


    If you log into T3 now - you are one of the 67 players online lol



    Maybe becouse everyone waiting for wipe and full release?

    Umm no - when the game's good, people play it in droves regardless of the pre-wipe state


    T3 is DOA
    elveone
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 816
    BruceYee said:
    Should've stuck with the MMO instead of listening to the 66 people asking for the single player game instead.

    As somone who played the MMO version, they would have had 6 players instead of 66 - was even worse
    elveone
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    remsleep said:
    BruceYee said:
    Should've stuck with the MMO instead of listening to the 66 people asking for the single player game instead.

    As somone who played the MMO version, they would have had 6 players instead of 66 - was even worse

    The MMO would've had room to expand and improve along with the monetary rule where people are more inclined to spend money on things to look pretty around others. This game is in the same boat as Pagan online which is looking for customers who are already playing superior ARPG and trying to persuade them to move to and stick with their inferior product.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Given how small their scope is with the current game (it's really dumbed down compared to TL2), I can't begin to conceive of them making an MMO. It just feels more and more like a mobile game.
    elveone
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member RarePosts: 1,135


    They're making the game worse with every iteration!



    It was actually quite pleasant to play at early access launch...



    ...abysmal now...make or break time frankly.



    In my opinion, it's coming along nicely with each iteration.

    When we get to release we can see about make and break, or more likely what degree of make it has as I don't expect it to fail.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member RarePosts: 1,135

    cmacq said:

    Given how small their scope is with the current game (it's really dumbed down compared to TL2), I can't begin to conceive of them making an MMO. It just feels more and more like a mobile game.



    If they had retained the ActionMMORPG they started with rather the more modest approach they adopted it would have ended out larger in scope. Plans changed and what they had needed to be adapted accordingly.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member RarePosts: 1,135

    BruceYee said:


    remsleep said:


    BruceYee said:

    Should've stuck with the MMO instead of listening to the 66 people asking for the single player game instead.



    As somone who played the MMO version, they would have had 6 players instead of 66 - was even worse



    The MMO would've had room to expand and improve along with the monetary rule where people are more inclined to spend money on things to look pretty around others. This game is in the same boat as Pagan online which is looking for customers who are already playing superior ARPG and trying to persuade them to move to and stick with their inferior product.



    Is that what they're doing, trying to get people to switch.

    I'm pretty sure all they want to do is sell the game, and don't much care if you abandon other similar games you may own to play theirs exclusively.

    It's not like one can't own and enjoy multiple games of the same genre.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member RarePosts: 1,135

    remsleep said:


    saurus123 said:



    remsleep said:


    This says it all - Torchlight 3 is less populated than T2





    If you log into T3 now - you are one of the 67 players online lol






    Maybe becouse everyone waiting for wipe and full release?



    Umm no - when the game's good, people play it in droves regardless of the pre-wipe state


    T3 is DOA



    Because they don't have any other good games to play in the mean time? There are some that don't want to play due to wipes, as is evidenced by posts in the game's Steam forum. As to what percentage of players that is, who can say. but it is greater than 0% at least.
Sign In or Register to comment.