Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date - your best guess?

coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,850
Lets see who can make the most accurate prediction regarding Star Citizen release date. By release, I do not mean early access or beta or anything like that, but a standard release.

If you want to play, try to avoid unrealistic predictions and really go with your best estimate. If you believe the game will not be released, saying so counts as a valid guess, whereas stuff like “when its ready” does not. 

I will go first.

31 March, 2026
Gdemami

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,471
    edited September 14
    I predict this game will continue to milk donations and make faux progress for another 5-6 years. Then it will sell off to some company like Daybreak, who will rush it to something they call "complete" and release.

My alternative guess is never 
    TimukasNyghthowler

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,003
    2/22/2222
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Why ever release when dip$hits continually throw money at you? 
    OG_ZorvanNilden
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,480
    If the day ever comes when the backer funding comes to halt, expect it to release within 3 to 6 months.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,753
    7th of october, 2025

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TimukasTimukas Member UncommonPosts: 721
    Some time after Pantheon.
  • apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    The business model for star citizen is pay to develop. Why break something that works ?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 8,753
    Other then saying at the start the game would release in about 5 years. Have they given another release date? Its a solid question of when. I think the backers deserve to have an idea. Even a timeline of what stages of Alpha and Beta they are in, have they even given that?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 8,753
    Timukas said:
    Some time after Pantheon.
    My guess is Pantheon will launch under the next 24 months. Could be wrong. SC on the other hand, I dont think they have any desire to release their game. My guess is they will look at a launch window when people stop handing them money for development and that does not seem to stop. Their business model is working for them, why release?
  • apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
     The answer is simple : when the goose that lays golden eggs will die.
  • tzervotzervo Member RarePosts: 605
    November 2014...

Oh shit. Let me try again.

November 2024.
    NanfoodleAmathe
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,235
    When its done.

Have fun
    BabuinixKyleran
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,291
    Erillion said:
    When its done.

Have fun
    There we have it. Never has been confirmed.
    Nildentzervocheyane

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,124
    The release date for Star Citizen has to be one of the biggest ongoing jokes in all of gaming at this point.

Yeah gonna vote never here as well.

Why would you when you make money not releasing?
    OG_Zorvan

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 375
    06/06/2106
    OG_Zorvan