Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who’s better...

124»

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Scot said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Scot said:
    I think a lot of that is down to kids, I just don't think we can expect them to be as mature as an over twenty year old. But you are at least partially pulling our legs, I really don't think this is down to the ePeen factor, one of the most competitive players I have known was a girl. (Not making that up for the laugh).
    I've experienced more immature adults than kids themselves. 
    For me the other way round, but I am not saying you can't find adults who are really bad. Rainbow 6 is the most recent new FPS for me (I am rather picky), been good but reaching its shelf life for me now. But the kids, anyone on their side not doing enough/standing still too long and the cries of "potato" go up! You try to tell them we have new players or whatever and they won't have it. 

How do you *know* they're children?
    You can hear their voices, so unless they are using some sort of voice synthesiser and to be honest saying the sort of things I would as a kid, they are kids. :)

Yea... My "boomer self" went to typing chat, not voice :)

Also, some "girls" sound like kids, vocal-wise ;)
    Catibrie

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Scot said:
    Of the back of what we have been talking about on here:

Is gaming not like real life? Is it so far removed from real life that it bares no resemblance and cannot inform us about RL in any way? I think it can and in MMORPG's more than anywhere.

Be it learning to handle your finances (gold), planning your priorities or working out the best way to achieve the results gaming has many things to teach us. But is when you can interact with other players it offers so much more. Managing a guild teaches management skills and just how best to deal with people on a daily basis.

So sure the real world is miles away from the gaming world but it can inform your life in all sorts of ways.
    I agreed, but games barely touch what they could be doing. 
    The original MMORPGs of true "massively" size and interactions (UO, EQ, and AC) did better than anything that's come after, except for Eve. 

I look forwards to the day when MMORPGs function much more like a world, and teach players many things. Especially in today's world, on social and interaction based on cooperation. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Whose better? This is a dumb question.

You're asking if the guy who plays only PvE is better or not than the guy who plays just as well but in both PvE and PvP.

This is pointless. They are the same in PvE, PvP skills cant be compared as one doesn't participate. It depends on the game too.

Just a very juvenile question.