Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

White Browser

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,314
I am having an issue where threads go totally white between the two flanking advert bars. All the other pages are fine, like the list of forums or my account details. But any thread does this nearly all the time, my last post was the first I was able to make today as this morning all threads were whited out. I doubt I will be able to see this thread once I post it, but if I keep trying hopefully I will. This occurs in both MS Edge and Opera so I don't think its the browser.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,175
    ....cookies.
    tzervo
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,314
    Not a bad suggestion but I find that as long as I stick to one "tab" on my browser this does not happen. If I start opening forum threads into other tabs they go white between the ad bars. This does not happen on other forums.

25 Agrees

• tzervotzervo Member RarePosts: 493
    Scot said:
    Not a bad suggestion but I find that as long as I stick to one "tab" on my browser this does not happen. If I start opening forum threads into other tabs they go white between the ad bars. This does not happen on other forums.
    It might still be a mmorpg.com cookie that tracks how many open instances you have to them. It should be easy to check by clearing just the cookies of this site (clicking on the lock icon next to the URL in the address bar if chrome/new edge etc)
    edited September 12
    Just manged to log back in, after I tried what you said I was logged out and could not get back in. After changing my password I found it would not let me back in as some thing was wrong with the password. So I left it until I had another idea, which often works. I remembered that password policy changed on a site I was on before but I had no issues until I got a new PC and had to log in again. I also remembered that symbols in passwords can cause issues and I noticed the "%" symbol was not on the examples shown of what symbols to use. So I changed that and the password change was accepted. But maybe its was something else, I did change some cookie stuff before I tried to change the password. 

So back and waiting to see if the white screen turns up again. :)
    Post edited by Scot on

25 Agrees

• tzervotzervo Member RarePosts: 493
    edited September 12
    Heh yeah. Cookies also hold log in and auth data. That was why I advised only deleting this site's cookies, so you don't mess up settings/log in info anywhere else. Let's hope it was worth the hassle :)
    tzervo said:
    Heh yeah. Cookies also hold log in and auth data. That was why I advised only deleting this site's cookies, so you don't mess up settings/log in info anywhere else. Let's hope it was worth the hassle :)
    Looks like the white forums have gone so it was. :)
    tzervo

25 Agrees

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,175
    The site forces you to accept all cookies or it won't work properly.
    ChildoftheShadows