Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World End Game Boss Fight

TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
Experienced PVErs / Raiders... thoughts?

Skip to the 15 min mark for the start of the fight.

muthaxAmathe

Comments

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Not an expert in raids and dungeons but looked alright, no?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Looks fun for a first run. Once everyone has the mechanics down will be cake I'm sure.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Tiller said:
    Looks fun for a first run. Once everyone has the mechanics down will be cake I'm sure.
    I really hope that instead of instanced content they go for OW areas full of elite mobs and rare mats/drops where you know you have to go with a group or band up with other people you meet there

'dungeons' are hard to make and they become obsolete quickly
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited September 2020
    SkitzoX said:
    It’s an open world boss and he was underlevel and undergeared. Meant for level 50-60 with t5
    Yeah, they were under leveled.  But technically it was instanced, they had to queue for it.  

Edited:  SkitzoX pointed out that was something else in the video, that they did not queue for... happened right before the fight.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    SkitzoX said:
    SkitzoX said:
    It’s an open world boss and he was underlevel and undergeared. Meant for level 50-60 with t5
    Yeah, they were under leveled.  But technically it was instanced, they had to queue for it.  
    No they didn’t. He runs over to the arena entrance but they didn’t have the key. They went to kill that named mob thinking the key dropped from him. That was not the Spriggan.

FYI the actual arena fight is restricted to one group and you can’t respawn. It’s still not hard but just fyi. That’s just the end game farming area.
    Ah, good catch... thanks... my mistake.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks fun. Love the bow.
    Sovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Amathe said:
    Looks fun. Love the bow.

shame they don't actually have a strategy other than "stay on him" and "big numbers." o:)
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    No way in he'll am I hitting play on one of that d-bag's videos.
    [Deleted User]

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    No way in he'll am I hitting play on one of that d-bag's videos.
    I totally agree. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• jhengjheng Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    That's  not sprigan just area boss which gonna drop u key if u completed whole quest line and have quest for it, you need to get 5 orbs from portals, they are quiet difficult even for lvl 50+, and then he gonna drop you key , for open world dungeons u can  zerg them with numbers is not fun at all.
    sprigan fight in this video.

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Experienced PVErs / Raiders... thoughts?

Skip to the 15 min mark for the start of the fight.

Looks unexciting visually but judging by the damage it's dealing, that's misleading.

Looks like a lot of pressure which is compounded by the hectic nature of the boss' moves. Personally I think that'll be fun and challenging.

One thing that I really like about it is the missing "Holy Trinity". It makes for unpredictable behavior and promotes creative strategies.