Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Universe, for those that don't want to wait for Store Citizen to launch in 2042

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
edited August 2020 in Dual Universe
Dual Universe just entered paid beta (dirt cheap at $6.99 a month sub, 3 month minimum).  Full launch is expected in 2021.  The potential for building structures and vehicles is immense.  All players exist in a shared universe.  This is what an indie developer can do when they have focus and reasonable goals rather than wandering aimlessly through the development process and adding new scope without control.  And hey, they even managed to fund this without selling ships for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPu_zcBrC8I
bcbully

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    From my view this game is more for players who enjoyed Kerbal Space program and not so much for most EVE fans.

It's a builders paradise, but I'm just not much into building.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Kyleran said:
    From my view this game is more for players who enjoyed Kerbal Space program and not so much for most EVE fans.

It's a builders paradise, but I'm just not much into building.

Yeah, it's definitely builder-heavy.  But for those who don't want to create their own ships, there's the option to buy those made by others.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    Best shortest explanation I've found so far. It's kinda like Second Life in space.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter