Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red's Read on Minecraft with Mods

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageRed's Read on Minecraft with Mods

Red Thomas dips back into an old favorite and explores playing Minecraft with mods. After 11 years the game is still interesting, and Red delves into some of what he likes and doesn't like about the game since the ownership change. Red also discusses some of the mods he's recently enjoyed and where mods might be heading in the future.

Read the full story here

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    This is the wrong platform to promote childish games.
    mgilbrtsnmkooYashaX
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    exile01 said:
    This is the wrong platform to promote childish games.
    Minecraft is not a childish game. Compared to it most of today's MMOs are so easy that the MMOs are childish.
    mkooYashaX

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2020
    Minecraft is a great idea on paper but we are well beyond that initial phase.We now need MUCH better game engines and game design utilizing these ideas.That is why i play Atlas,i get better looking graphics and if people actually tried they could make some really cool mods for Atlas.

What is lacking from modern games is the ability to terraform,so give me Atlas with terraforming and a mmorpg backdrop with modern graphics and you have a winner.

Point being that Minecraft is too dated and has been for a long time,so time to move on  to better things,OR let's upgrade Minecraft to Minecraft 2.0,

mkoo

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited September 2020
    My son loves minecraft and loves mods..I got so tired of adding mods to his game that I showed him how to do it himself.

Now if only he would stop watching all those DanTDM youtube videos......I do however play with him in a couple worlds via LAN where we have some mods added like Galactic Craft along with some others.

Here's our moon base, we have a blueish shield, made of diamond glass blocks, to block meteorites (this shield does not contain air) and the other white shields on the base itself do hold air in so we do not need a space suit/helmet/airtanks when inside though that stilla huge work in progress that is only about 50% done. It's really lots of work to make the base airtight etc:

Post edited by Asm0deus on
    kitaradRed_Thomas

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.