Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMO for playing a dwarf?

2»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited August 2020
    Holy Shit.. Black Gold is still around.. I think.

Nope.. it's so dead and abandoned they didn't even update the Website to say it shut down.. assholes.
    Post edited by Ungood on
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    EQ2 or LotRO.

I played dwarf like 90% of my time in both those games.

Also, dwarves are literally superior to elves in every way.
    Scot
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    -Look, what I've made! I will call them... dwarves.
    -Maybe you missed the memo? I plan to create the Firstborns. Should I draw a picture about where your creatures kick that plan to the curb? Hint, not the "born" part.
    -Aw... ok, I'll put them into the drawer until you finish your pet project.

And that's how the dwarves found a bunch of elves pounding their chests "we're the Firstborn" when they were finally awaken the second time.

:sunglasses:
    Scot
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well that image of dwarves in Black Gold don't look anything like a dwarves to me, especially the ladies.  Look more like normal humans.
    Nepheth
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Po_gg said:
    -Look, what I've made! I will call them... dwarves.
    -Maybe you missed the memo? I plan to create the Firstborns. Should I draw a picture about where your creatures kick that plan to the curb? Hint, not the "born" part.
    -Aw... ok, I'll put them into the drawer until you finish your pet project.

And that's how the dwarves found a bunch of elves pounding their chests "we're the Firstborn" when they were finally awaken the second time.

:sunglasses:
    And then the dwarves shoved them in ovens and baked the elves, for their meat was tender and delicious.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Jamar870 said:
    Well that image of dwarves in Black Gold don't look anything like a dwarves to me, especially the ladies.  Look more like normal humans.
    A lot of Asian games, when they have dwarves, the females tend to look very "pixie". Just how they do things. 
    AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    AlBQuirky said:
    Really nice thread, too bad i never played dwarves too much. 

I did make a dwarven fighter in a brief DnD campaign. If i were to make another DnD char, even though it is super hard, id make a ranger type dual weapon with high crit and multiple attacks .  ..  called Dalone.

You know, Dalone ranger 

That's pretty much me, too. I tried playing Dwarfs in EQ1 and W0W. I'm just not into "short races", I guess :)

It was fun killing Ogres and Trolls with the Dwarves in EQ1
    AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    AlBQuirky said:
    Really nice thread, too bad i never played dwarves too much. 

I did make a dwarven fighter in a brief DnD campaign. If i were to make another DnD char, even though it is super hard, id make a ranger type dual weapon with high crit and multiple attacks .  ..  called Dalone.

You know, Dalone ranger 

That's pretty much me, too. I tried playing Dwarfs in EQ1 and W0W. I'm just not into "short races", I guess :)

It was fun killing Ogres and Trolls with the Dwarves in EQ1

I enjoyed the Dwarves and Gnomes starting areas (Kaladim and Akanon), but something about their "viewpoint" bugged me. I couldn't get far when I tried playing them :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Pretty much every MMO as long as you roleplay as Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson.
    AlBQuirky
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    I remember playing in the dwarves zones in LOTRO and the music was amazing. The castles inside had ceilings so high light couldn't reach it. I might confuse it with something else though lol. But pretty sure I'm not.
    AlBQuirky
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    By the seven founding fathers it is Lotro! You can have your inferior copies, but by the length of my plaited beard Lotro beats them hands down. :)
    I was undecided between LotRO and Warhammer but then I made a Stout Axe Champion in LotRO a couple of days ago. Yeah, its LotRO.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    lahnmir said:
    Scot said:
    By the seven founding fathers it is Lotro! You can have your inferior copies, but by the length of my plaited beard Lotro beats them hands down. :)
    I was undecided between LotRO and Warhammer but then I made a Stout Axe Champion in LotRO a couple of days ago. Yeah, its LotRO.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    One game is super expensive to unlock everything, one is completely free.  So keep that in mind too.

But the PVE in LotRO is superior no doubt.  Nil pvp.

Warhammer has PVE and lore, but people play it long term for the RvR /PvP.

Both sound great depending on how you like to game.
    AlBQuirky
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    My comment about the ladies was that if these are female dwarves they sure don't look like it. In WoW the sexes look appropriate. The ladies there look like dwarf women.

AlBQuirky