Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Pre-Alpha 5 Shakeout In-Game Preview

13»

Comments

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Mendel said:
    xpsync said:
    Wizardry said:
    Bottom line cuz Stone cold said so?There for those English people i used another non word lol,prolly cuz i can,oops another non word.Ahhh bullocks.

This was not a video to sell a game to me,idk how that video would entice anyone to get on board,so imo not a video worth showing.It was possible to actually make use of a low end video but again they did not achieve that so ack,not so good.

That video sold me, fuck entice me, thinking of pledging, i never pledge, i'd love to get into that pre-alpha but not about to drop a g, before they changed the site looked like a 250 pledge could have got you in, and was on the table, all becasue of that video.

Some people can vision and have enough imagination to understand beyond what is just shown, they get the idea, the get the vision, i'm already looking forward to what lies over the hill.

Really.  You want to play.  I get that.  They really don't need people to play their game right now; they need people to test their game.

The people they need now need to be honest and critical.  They need to be able to observe and spot inconsistencies, and express their observations clearly.  That's a skill set.  They don't need more fanbois or people who just want to play the game, (or want to data-mine the game for spoiler sites); there are probably enough of those already.

Save your money.  $250 is way too much to pay for a game, especially if they expect you to work for them.  Wait until the game is finished and launched to spend your money.

Not every one gets it, you keep using the word PLAY?

First I completely agree with you, all i'm expressing is that i understand what they are trying to build and yeah, i'm interested af, it screams what I've been wanting since EQ2 turned itself into raging dumpster fire.

When i first played swg i spent 3 months on tat, in the desert, a moisture farmer before i ever went off world to another planet. Why, because i loved just being there, existing there, never wanted to be a a jedi, wasn't playing, i was existing, making my way, being a part of the world is a thing for mmorpg players, gamers that play, no ofc not.

I live in the world, i'm not "play"ing a game.

I've never pledged, i never even bother to check them out, the fact i went as far to check says volumes alone, would i have at 250, tbh i dunno? Doesn't matter as the cost of admission is a little too high atm. But i'm onboard now.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Jamar870 said:
    Couple of questions since I haven't been following this.  1)Is it PvP or PvE or a combination? 2)I see vr being mention alot, is this the main focus of the player PoV? I'll just watch from the bleachers until I see a mention of a beta.
    VR is the company.

I too kept thinking Virtual Reality over Visionary realms.

I believe they want to have both pve and pvp servers.
    On PvP they have talked about doing servers that have PvP rule sets that are unique to each PvP server. Much like EQ1 did. So each PvP server will be its own thing. 

To elaborate on @Nafoodle's comment, basically they're just creating PvE servers and turning PvP on for a couple servers for those of us who like PvP. You can do everything on a PvP server that you can on a PvE server, just with the continually added risk of other players attacking you.

Also they've designed the game in such a way that when they do start focusing on PvP, any tweaks and changes to classes or races in order to make PvP more fun will not affect the balance of Pantheon's PvE experience.

NanfoodleKylerancheyane
    --------------------------------------------
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Jamar870 said:
    Couple of questions since I haven't been following this.  1)Is it PvP or PvE or a combination? 2)I see vr being mention alot, is this the main focus of the player PoV? I'll just watch from the bleachers until I see a mention of a beta.
    VR is the company.

I too kept thinking Virtual Reality over Visionary realms.

I believe they want to have both pve and pvp servers.
    On PvP they have talked about doing servers that have PvP rule sets that are unique to each PvP server. Much like EQ1 did. So each PvP server will be its own thing. 

To elaborate on @Nafoodle's comment, basically they're just creating PvE servers and turning PvP on for a couple servers for those of us who like PvP. You can do everything on a PvP server that you can on a PvE server, just with the continually added risk of other players attacking you.

Also they've designed the game in such a way that when they do start focusing on PvP, any tweaks and changes to classes or races in order to make PvP more fun will not affect the balance of Pantheon's PvE experience.

I played on EQ1 PvE and had characters on a PvP server. Was allot of fun. Some of the most unique rule sets I have played in PvP. I hope VR is just as creative. 
    Wellspring
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I am hopeful. Cannot say much more.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Sovrath said:
    And to elaborate...
    ...yeah, I must not be getting it but lucky to have you to lecture me.

Seems like you can't do better after all. /shrugs
    KyleranChildoftheShadows
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Gdemami said:
    Sovrath said:
    And to elaborate...

If only you could dial the snark back a few notches you might actually be able to make some friends your own age.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    If only you could dial the snark back a few notches you might actually be able to make some friends your own age.
    ...now you hurt my e-feelings.

Oh dear..
    kitaradChildoftheShadowsKyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Gdemami said:
    Sovrath said:
    And to elaborate...

Not everything's a fight Gd. but someday you'll learn that.
    xpsyncGdemamiKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited September 2020
    tzervo said:
    Sovrath said:
    that's the thing, some people don't understand the "world" aspect of these games. Probably because they aren't interested in "the world" so much as playing a "video game."
    Personally I find interacting with the world via swimming, climbing etc. nice w.r.t to the world "feeling" but superficial, because essentially the world is still static and you interact with a static world.

Dynamic elements (the world changing, ideally via player actions) gives me a much more "believable" feeling of a virtual world. Albion had no swimming, climbing, jumping but it felt more like a world due to the single shard player-driven economy and territorial wars, changes and politics.
    Its funny how what defines things for one person is gaming breaking for another. I think thats what makes things so hard for MMOs. You can be bugged by a feature of a game you bought for $69.99, finish the game and still have a tone of satisfaction and value. With an MMO, that one little feature you dont like how its done, 6-12 months later it can drive you away from a game. Cant swim, I cant take it anymore.

We create these list of small things we want from our MMOs now that are trivial but wont play a new MMO without them. My wife will not play an MMO she cant sit in chairs. Drives her bonkers. Sure I would like at least 5 types of dances on my avatar, no invisible walls but does that really break a game? I take issue with the big things and shrug at the little.  
    [Deleted User]
    tzervo said:
    Personally I find interacting with the world via swimming, climbing etc. nice w.r.t to the world "feeling" but superficial, because essentially the world is still static and you interact with a static world.

Dynamic elements (the world changing, ideally via player actions) gives me a much more "believable" feeling of a virtual world. Albion had no swimming, climbing, jumping but it felt more like a world due to the single shard player-driven economy and territorial wars, changes and politics.
    ...sorry but you understand nothing.
    [Deleted User]
    Gdemami said:
    tzervo said:

...sorry but you understand nothing.
    Are you here just to antagonize or can you interject with valid thoughts and views? 
    GdemamiMendel
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited September 2020
    I think climbing is about a form of immersion, versus something like high level abstraction. Picking up an item in a game like you would in the real world is immersive for some, but it can be abstracted out of the game so it either never happens or it happens very dissimilar. A character, for example, can have a number to represent their damage--an item, like a sword, can be abstracted out so the player will never be concerned with what they're wielding.

Gah, I could go on.... and on.

Immersion si different for different players. Some people need widescreen monitors. Some people need teh latest VR headsets. Some people need a good story. Some people need intense action combat. Some people, like me, feels immersion in a lot of htings, such as detailed items and inventory and resource management and item repair.

I like climbing. I loved Daggefall back in the day. It was good because it had so many things. I even thought the huge map was immersive, even though it was randomized and not very convincing that way. But yes, size can be immersive for some people, evne if it's repetitive. others preferred a much smaller, closely knit world because they think a more convincing scenery is immersive, and they're willing to ignore other things, like size or openness.

Aples and oragnes.

Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
    Nanfoodle