Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All alone here.

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I have flagged this and asked the moderator to close this thread. It is not going anywhere good.
    mmolouAmathecheyane[Deleted User]

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    kitarad said:
    I have flagged this and asked the moderator to close this thread. It is not going anywhere good.
    Know what, I don't blame you.
    Infact it's a good idea.  The idea of mmorpg's are shot anyway.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I must apologize if I'm stepping out of line by making a topic about me.  But in reality it's more about you as an end result.  

I do have to say my topics are true not for picking a fight.  I fix situations, even when the majority are wrong.  Been that way all along even at work.... Difference between work and here is my points ALWAYS comes out on top because I'm right.  It's not that I think I'm great, its because most people don't care about details and go with the flow, even if it cost the tax payers millions.... They don't care, but after I win, EVERYONE tells me good job.

Here on this site,
    3rd generation games killed off what mmorpg's are, even the classics changed to 3rd generation OR have not been modernized..... mmorpgs are almost gone, soon to be forgotten......... Sure nothing WE CAN DO ABOUT IT, but still most everyone here don't understand what happened, but some do and like this FREE CRAP, because they like FREE stuff..... I'm more alone on this because most REAL MMOPRG PLAYERS excepted this and moved on. 

So in reality I'm in the majority category, but left here all alone to fight. I fight the good fight like the "Lone Gunmen" in the X-files.... When I die, and that may be soon (or maybe longer), I'll feel good about my self by fighting the good fight to the end.

I'm an extremely humble person that fight wrong doings.   Let's just hope we get a REAL mmorpg in the future, so millions or real mmorpg players can come back and talk about their adventures.

My estimate:
    10 people agree what an mmorpg is
    50 people like both
    2,000 like free stuff

Extremely humble people don't speak about how they are always right and always come out on top, or sing their own praises at all really, nevermind with regularity.

Such is the conduct of a blow-hard.

You were offered a lot of good advice by cameltosis you would do well to consider.
    You couldn't be more wrong,
    Humble people are to be door mats waiting to be walked all over ?

Bull crap..... I and many other humble people could care deeply about people and all human race and not let WRONG DOING take over !!!!

Gaming companies for mmorpg's killed the industry for MILLIONS of mmorpg players to replace it with cheap 30 day on-line games..... They even went deeper by publicly saying people want this stuff. 

I've seen many of your post.... Your an on-line-gamer, not an mmorpg player anyway.

Humble people are modest rather than boastful and prideful. They do much but you won't hear about it from their own lips. Praise for their efforts will come from others rather than through an indulgent litany of self-absorption.

They are quietly strong in their meritoriousness, as in not a blow-hard.
    OK because of your ignorance I'll have to break my Anonymity.

I'm a member of AA, been sober just over 30 years. My first two I needed help but then I spent the last 28 years helping others..... I've taken HUGE risk in some cases.  Even been in very dangerous places to do so...... What have you done ?

I have a government job, I'm sure your aware of some laziness in doing so.  Things not being done, things being neglected, cost being exploited.  This cost the tax payer millions, I don't stand for it EVER, I force people to be accountable..... What have you done ?

I'm dying, I'll not go into detail.  I unselfishly don't care about myself.  I'll be fairly healthy until the end. I WILL be in good spirits until the end and show strength to my new wife and disabled grand daughter AND EVERYONE AROUND ME until the end.... I'm very spiritual, the last thing I care about is me !!!!....... What have you done?   

I I've spent over 25 years teaching Martial Arts for FREE..... What have you done.

I'll bet if everyone was led into a concentration camp, you would go willingly, I would be on the outside planning on how to break you out.

So don't talk to me about what humble is, I'm in this world for man kind !!!!

Best advice I can give you is to shut up !!
    Wow. A post on humility is followed up with more self-praise and chest beating. I think they missed the whole boat.
    mmolouSensaicheyaneYashaX

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801

“Social media gives legions of <censored> the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the <censored>”

― Umberto Eco

You can easily find the uncensored quote on the net ;)
    Everybody has the right to speak, to say what they want. 
    And everybody else has the right to listen to them, or not. 

This is not a problem. 

What is a problem is people who feel the need to respond negatively to something that really doesn't matter to them.
    (In the case of political stuff, for example, that does matter, so responding is the best option there, barring threat of retaliation, which is something free nations used NOT to have much of until recent times.) 

In a case like this, no one knows what the speaker is going through. 
    Isn't it better to just ignore it and move on? 
    The alternative is to possibly do some very real harm to someone under heavy stress. 
    Maybe not, but in the case of uncertainty I think it's best to just let it go. 

RexKushmanGdemamiYashaX

Once upon a time....

edited August 2020
    AlBQuirky said:
    I must apologize if I'm stepping out of line by making a topic about me.  But in reality it's more about you as an end result.  

I do have to say my topics are true not for picking a fight.  I fix situations, even when the majority are wrong.  Been that way all along even at work.... Difference between work and here is my points ALWAYS comes out on top because I'm right.  It's not that I think I'm great, its because most people don't care about details and go with the flow, even if it cost the tax payers millions.... They don't care, but after I win, EVERYONE tells me good job.

Here on this site,
    3rd generation games killed off what mmorpg's are, even the classics changed to 3rd generation OR have not been modernized..... mmorpgs are almost gone, soon to be forgotten......... Sure nothing WE CAN DO ABOUT IT, but still most everyone here don't understand what happened, but some do and like this FREE CRAP, because they like FREE stuff..... I'm more alone on this because most REAL MMOPRG PLAYERS excepted this and moved on. 

So in reality I'm in the majority category, but left here all alone to fight. I fight the good fight like the "Lone Gunmen" in the X-files.... When I die, and that may be soon (or maybe longer), I'll feel good about my self by fighting the good fight to the end.

I'm an extremely humble person that fight wrong doings.   Let's just hope we get a REAL mmorpg in the future, so millions or real mmorpg players can come back and talk about their adventures.

My estimate:
    50 people like both
    2,000 like free stuff

Extremely humble people don't speak about how they are always right and always come out on top, or sing their own praises at all really, nevermind with regularity.

You were offered a lot of good advice by cameltosis you would do well to consider.

Bull crap..... I and many other humble people could care deeply about people and all human race and not let WRONG DOING take over !!!!

Gaming companies for mmorpg's killed the industry for MILLIONS of mmorpg players to replace it with cheap 30 day on-line games..... They even went deeper by publicly saying people want this stuff. 

I've seen many of your post.... Your an on-line-gamer, not an mmorpg player anyway.

Humble people are modest rather than boastful and prideful. They do much but you won't hear about it from their own lips. Praise for their efforts will come from others rather than through an indulgent litany of self-absorption.

I'm a member of AA, been sober just over 30 years. My first two I needed help but then I spent the last 28 years helping others..... I've taken HUGE risk in some cases.  Even been in very dangerous places to do so...... What have you done ?

I have a government job, I'm sure your aware of some laziness in doing so.  Things not being done, things being neglected, cost being exploited.  This cost the tax payer millions, I don't stand for it EVER, I force people to be accountable..... What have you done ?

I'm dying, I'll not go into detail.  I unselfishly don't care about myself.  I'll be fairly healthy until the end. I WILL be in good spirits until the end and show strength to my new wife and disabled grand daughter AND EVERYONE AROUND ME until the end.... I'm very spiritual, the last thing I care about is me !!!!....... What have you done?   

I I've spent over 25 years teaching Martial Arts for FREE..... What have you done.

I'll bet if everyone was led into a concentration camp, you would go willingly, I would be on the outside planning on how to break you out.

Wow. A post on humility is followed up with more self-praise and chest beating. I think they missed the whole boat.
    Not really just a big group of video gamers that don't know what humble is.  They think it's humble to be pushed around and not say or do anything. Being polite has nothing to do with it.

If I get good test results by the end of next week.... I'll try my hardest "before God" to do good things for Real People and not sit in a 12X12 room  like others trying to pretend their polite, and telling themselves their humble.

Even when I play REAL mmorpg's, I spend a lot of time helping others with their stuff..... Can't do that anymore with story driven "Fake" games on-line. 

My head is held high.... I love people :)

SensaiGdemamiYashaX
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Anyone who has spent time dealing with people in alcohol or drug recovery will have experience with people like the OP. It's all just part of their mental illness.  They're the expert, they know what they're talking about, nobody else gets it... yadda yadda yadda.
    GdemamiKyleran[Deleted User]

Anyone who has spent time dealing with people in alcohol or drug recovery will have experience with people like the OP. It's all just part of their mental illness.  They're the expert, they know what they're talking about, nobody else gets it... yadda yadda yadda.
    It has nothing to do with experience, that's for two year degree social workers.

It comes down to real compassion, the recipient can feel it.
    Gdemami
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I kept on thinking about what to say in this thread. Then I realized that the thread is just so crazy that maybe I just wanted to type something and be a part of crazy.

So here it is. My Text, contributing nothing of value to a thread with questionable value.
    AlBQuirkyCryomatrix
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171

Here on this site,

My estimate:
    50 people like both
    2,000 like free stuff

Well, good for you! Other than the dying thing, which we will all inevitably do, but still sucks to have impending regardless.

Despite your example, I am no more inclined to talk about what I have done and do for others in a public forum than before. Nor am I inclined to go on about the trials I have overcome and those I continue to endure.

There isn't anything special about such things in regard to me as everyone here has or will have burdens they must bear in life, and has or will make sacrifices for others before they are done. Such is life, for everybody.

I have no need for your advice, and will speak as it suits me.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited August 2020
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

https://poets.org/poem/do-not-go-gentle-good-night
    UngoodAsheramYashaXAmaranthar

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    You always know it's going to be a late night when someone is wrong on the interent.
    KyleranAlBQuirkyAmaranthar
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    So. . you are alone in being right?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Here on this site,

My estimate:
    50 people like both
    2,000 like free stuff

Those things are great but they don't make your opinions right.
    [Deleted User]YashaXmmolou

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    All your threads are about you and how superior you are compared to us poor mortals.
    So it's definitely not a surprise that you do one more...

Please, keep the jokes flowing, we all need a laugh ;)

*takes a hit....think I figured it out...ya know....it's all a conspiracy....In a way it could be said that Delete is the only one keeping this site afloat with his constant musings.  I mean think about it, Seinfeld! a show about nothing was a hit. He's the Seinfeld here. ;)
    AlBQuirkyxpsync
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Kyleran said:
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

https://poets.org/poem/do-not-go-gentle-good-night

I drew some solace from that poem during my father's impending death, and thereafter. There was little gentle for the majority of his passing.
    Kyleran
    What I said previously is all true, people come first,
    However I shouldn't have said it. I felt pushed.

I'm done
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    I read this thread, had to re-read the original post. 

I just fail to see this epic one person battle to keep alive the dying memory of what a true mmorpg should be... 

I love the classics, hope a great new mmorpg comes out someday.... enjoy this site for discussing old and new games... /confused
    xpsync
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

1) Learn to spell and use proper grammer.
    I know english may not be your first language 

2) Come up with better arguements.

These forums are so much fun :)
    [Deleted User]Scot[Deleted User]AmatheAlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited August 2020
    Three pages later and it is not just Delete who is still venting. I think we may need a Pub Wall just to throw text at and see if anything sticks. :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]KyleranAlBQuirky
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    “Destiny guides our fortunes more favorably than we could have expected. Look there, Sancho Panza, my friend, and see those thirty or so wild giants, with whom I intend to do battle and kill each and all of them, so with their stolen booty we can begin to enrich ourselves. This is noble, righteous warfare, for it is wonderfully useful to God to have such an evil race wiped from the face of the earth."
    "What giants?" Asked Sancho Panza.
    "The ones you can see over there," answered his master, "with the huge arms, some of which are very nearly two leagues long."
    "Now look, your grace," said Sancho, "what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone."
    "Obviously," replied Don Quixote, "you don't know much about adventures.”
    [Deleted User]AmatheAmarantharAlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited August 2020
    Scot said:
    Three pages later and it is not just Delete who is still venting. I think we may need a Pub Wall just to throw text at and see if anything sticks. :)

I was thinking more or mud, the quality of our posts is not that bad. :)
    Kyleran[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    edited August 2020

I just fail to see this epic one person battle to keep alive the dying memory of what a true mmorpg should be... 

I love the classics, hope a great new mmorpg comes out someday.... enjoy this site for discussing old and new games... /confused

There are many of us out there whom played real mmorpg's and hate on wow for destroying what once was.

I'm tired of repeating the entire pro list over what we have today. It's so bad that i'm actually into wow r/c as an EQ2 replacement and not so bad SWG:L emulator.

If a true spiritual successor of an mmorpg appears one day, you know i'll be all over it and would probably drop wow, not SWG:L. Wow still has some of the flavor left, pay sub and play, no overboard cash shop, not free to play, you gotta play the game to earn, not play with your credit card like a vast majority of mmo's are.

Back in the day i was home with EQ2 and SWG:L, payed my sub and played. So much to do, so much content, so many challenges, the thought of playing anything else was unfathomable. You'd never have enough time for anything, 1 was enough, 2 was already pushing the envelope.

I just like to keep all my hard work and progression under one umbrella (two mmorpg's), for me playing this and that , then this and oh yeah that, mixing it up so much i dunno that's not what mmorpg's are to me. Familiar people (players), all your work is right there not wastefully spread out.

Sure i know that's not for everyone, and do not think it should be, that's a me thing for sure. And it's how i played until wow came along. It started with EQ2, they started dumb'ing it down so badly, and by 2008 it was pretty much over, then they replaced probably the pinnacle of mmorpg's at that time SWG with the extremely sad swtor, seriously?

Anyone whom still likes swtor, that's great, i played the F out of it when it launched too. I'm not knocking it for what it is, i'm knocking it that they tried to sell it as an actual "MMORPG" replacement for a real mmorpg, anyone who likes to play online with other people around in a completely story driven all voiced mmo, that's home for many people. It's not an mmorpg is all.

For the longest time, there was a new "mmorpg" every other week it seemed and yeah not going to say i didn't have fun, but much of that was all about finding a new home because the ones we had were wiped out in the tsunami of greed, ever searching and up until in the last year'ish i finally feel settled back in where i was over a decade ago. Two mmorpg and not looking, quite happy being home again.

The game i've hated on for so long is one of them, but is it wow's fault? Not really EQ2 could have stuck to their core values and probably would have smoked wow eventually cause people want challenge again, omg go figure right, every mmorpg could have been their own thing and not another pathetic wow clone knockoff.

Once the market was saturated with the same f'ing game reskinned a bazillion times, it was over and everyone lost interest.

That leaves me where i once was and yeah, pay my sub and play, something of real value appears i'll look into it, but until then i'll be happily progressing my ass off until the sun comes up, and if one never does i know where i'll be, paying my sub, progressing, and earning by playing the game not by playing with my credit card.
    GdemamiScotRexKushmanKyleranAlBQuirky

xpsync said:

There are many of us out there whom played real mmorpg's and hate on wow for destroying what once was.

Which MMORPGs do you imagine are imaginary?

MMORPGs have changed over time. You may not like how they have changed, but that doesn't make them other than what they are.

To contend otherwise is like saying cars with an automatic transmission are not such, because only those with a manual transmission truly are.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2020
    xpsync said:

Which MMORPGs do you imagine are imaginary?

MMORPGs have changed over time. You may not like how they have changed, but that doesn't make them other than what they are.

To contend otherwise is like saying cars with an automatic transmission are not such, because only those with a manual transmission truly are.

Which mmorpg's did you play pre wow?

They are mmo's now not mmorpg's, if you have no frame of reference then how would you know?

I'm sure you've played plenty post wow and never said that is a bad thing, what we want back are ones which kept us engaged for years on end, not for a couple weeks or days here and there.

If you truly played anything pre wow, we wouldn't be talking. If you love the way mmo's are today, that's great, not sure why you're trying to sell me on it? as you can have it, no argument here my dude, enjoy.
    GdemamiKyleranScotAlBQuirky

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616

Here on this site,

My estimate:
    50 people like both
    2,000 like free stuff

This looks like a meme. I do agree everything and anything is being labeled a mmo/mmorpg these days to generate more sales and pique the interest of this demographic because it's so starved.
    Gdemami

MurderHerd

This discussion has been closed.