Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to play this weekend ?

Im looking at the game list in here and the most hyped and rated ones..but over half of these shown game with over 7 in score os dead or dont exist anymore..or is on flatline.

Then there is all the new ones that has hypes but isent released yet..so whats the point when i cant play em.

So what are my options here ?

I see ESO is doing well still but im bored of that game..surely its good if you actualy follow the lore and story..but i dont care about story expect who is end boss and why he/she is  so.

I play cusual LOl now and then and Poe but atm the league is so bad that no one likes this harvest BS..also poe admit they dont want harvest in poe 2 or any future patches.

I dont want to play wow. gw2, runescape, battleroyale games

Can you suggest me goo dgames where all players are now ?

Dibdabs[Deleted User]

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Well, you've mentioned most of the popular games. You could try Lord of the Rings Online as it does have players. Brandywine seems populated. However, It really is more of a "single player mmorpg" with optional multiplayer content. 

Still, I do see players looking for groups.

Star Wars the Old REpublic launched on steam and that seems popular.
    Hyperpsycrow
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    You've already dismissed much of where players are now, other than Final Fantasy 14. That one is story laden, so probably won't suit you either.

So, there isn't much contemporary left to suggest.
    Hyperpsycrow
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    Ye si see FF is being on the hype list..when i tryed it then i died inside and eventualy i was zzzzz
    Dibdabs

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You can light a candle by picking an imperfect game and playing it despite those imperfections (maybe Secret World?)

Or you can curse the darkness by complaining here on the forums. 

Me, I say curse you darkness. 
    Hyperpsycrow

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Amathe said:
    You can light a candle by picking an imperfect game and playing it despite those imperfections (maybe Secret World?)

Or you can curse the darkness by complaining here on the forums. 

Me, I say curse you darkness. 

There's a fair amount of story in SWL too, so it may not make the grade.

All games have imperfections, so that's the only option available anyway. It often seems many would rather picky themselves to oblivion while waiting for something that will never come than play what does exist closest to their ideal.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Fallout 76...no, stop laughing, I'm being serious here.

One of the better "not MMORPGs" out there IMO.

YMMV.
    SandmanjwHyperpsycrowxpsync

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Well Vendetta Online just went F2p this past week if you're up for some space gaming.
    KyleranHyperpsycrow[Deleted User]

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Your "OPTION" is to NOT look at anyone's list or some pointless rating system.
    Have YOUR own criteria for what you want out of a game,look within that genre and see if such game exists.

Personally i want a really good mmorpg,but none exist so i take the next best thing...Atlas.IDC what other's think or how they rate it and i also can't stand the developer but there is enough within to give me a better rpg experience than the rpg's do so yeah.

If you were for example looking for a sports game,your not going to see it in any list here,hence why you have to...........think for yourself lol.
    HyperpsycrowGorwe

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Fall guys
    HyperpsycrowGorwe
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited August 2020
    I tried to play GreedFall, but it's just so boring. Interesting setting and premise, but ass boring execution.

Maybe I'll replay SpellForce 1 + 2. Don't particularly care for 3 ; the RTS sucks too much.

Edit: Fall Guys is the obvious choice. Failing that, DoTA, LoL, Fortnite, PoE and other popular games. Just go to steamdb and look at top 50 or top 100 and look at genres that interest you.
    Hyperpsycrowiixviiiix
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I've stuck my head back into Stellaris for the weekend.  I really thought I had sworn off Paradox games, honestly I did.  I reinstalled it yesterday and am hoping to check out what (if anything) has improved since the last time I played.

So much of the early game is dreadfully dependent on the randomly generated starmap you end up with.  That's always frustrated me.  If you get a good random setup (planets, research options, etc.), then the game plays pretty well.  If not, then the frustration starts.  Look, here's some Motes resources on multiple planets, but I haven't seen the tech I need to research in order to mine them, much less use them.

Hyperpsycrow

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Rimworld.

I can not recommend it enough, its one of the most brilliant games I have ever played.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    HyperpsycrowKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Nebless said:
    Well Vendetta Online just went F2p this past week if you're up for some space gaming.

Took a look at it....Feels kinda wierd...One page says Free to Play, another says free to try.....ALso their account sign up wants more personal info than just email address, that always concerns me when they want my real name. I played it before on a tablet and it did not play well. I am guessing it would play better on PC.
    lahnmir said:
    Rimworld.

I can not recommend it enough, its one of the most brilliant games I have ever played.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Rimworld has been on my Steam wishlist for so long now!  But it's also on Steam Do Not Put on Sale list, it seems.

KyleranGeeves

edited August 2020
    Mendel said:
    lahnmir said:
    Rimworld.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Rimworld has been on my Steam wishlist for so long now!  But it's also on Steam Do Not Put on Sale list, it seems.

I waited for a sale for ages and finally got it at a measily 10% discount. Had I known how good it was I wouldn’t have waited all that time. Just saying.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

Rhoklaw said:
    lahnmir said:
    Rimworld.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    @lahnmir Have you seen the new Rim World style game that is medieval themed? I know Rim World has a heavy modding community and maybe the medieval version of Rim World is official, but this game is it's own game with a different art style, but pretty much the same concept called "Going Medieval"

Funny Story about 'Going Medieval'
    I was in the closed beta and I was building my small little village when a man came along and said he had escaped authorities and could he just take shelter in my village for awhile. He did and began to take his place among my people. I even assigned him a job as a carpenter. A few days later a group of people showed up to my village and demanded him be turned over to them. If we did not they were prepared to fight for him. My people had not begun creating weapons or learning to defend themselves beyond bears and wolves.  
    Needless to say, what's his name was a decent carpenter but I think I can do better. 

Ohh you guys, now I need to start following this game religiously. I actually love Rimworld to death despite its graphics (serviceable but not a lot more besides some nice lightning) and scifi setting (I am much more into fantasy) so this should be right up my alley. The games name is horrible though, as in Absolutely Horrible.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

lahnmir said:
    Mendel said:
    lahnmir said:
    Rimworld.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I waited for a sale for ages and finally got it at a measily 10% discount. Had I known how good it was I wouldn’t have waited all that time. Just saying.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I'm hoping for a 40+%, but I'd probably settle for a 25%.  $40 is a lot considering my budget.  Maybe Fall or Christmas sale, I'm hoping.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    10% off is about all I have ever seen for Rimworld...it has been on my wishlist for a long time also.
    edited August 2020
    What a boring weekend it was..No games no fun just sitting here and seaching for gold that dosent exist..huurh !

I will go to bed and sleep until monday morning..gn

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Space Haven is a really fun game even in it's early stages. Also Spiritfarer is a gem 

Sorry to say but this does it !!!

I cant stand it anymore AAARG !!

Shitty elephant dung pile pixel commadore 64 lookalike stickmen gumball piece of atari gfx shitty looking ment for kidz games all of em !  ITS HELL !!!666!!!!

RIP days of gaming...

Kyleran

Space Haven is a really fun game even in it's early stages. Also Spiritfarer is a gem 

Shitty elephant dung pile pixel commadore 64 lookalike stickmen gumball piece of atari gfx shitty looking ment for kidz games all of em !  ITS HELL !!!666!!!!

RIP days of gaming...

I guess some people here haven’t realized they outgrew this hobby, or perhaps gaming passed them by, and are still holding onto something they once loved but not anymore.

There is so much quality stuff out there, MMOs might be dying but never in my 30+ years of gaming has my backlog been this full with excellent stuff just dying to be played.

Sometimes it takes a while to realize you have fallen out of love with something, its easier to look at the other and lie the blame there. I guess we’ve all done it at some point.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Hyperpsycrow

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

RIP days of gaming...

Excuse me for prying but I see alarm bells.

Between this post and the one that has "I'll just sleep until Monday", I hope your ok..... Many here are passionate about gaming.  But you should always have a back up plan in life.  If you don't MAKE ONE.

Gaming is fun, but can make you mentally sick too...... Even in my most obsessive gaming time I had a life and didn't neglect anything I needed or wanted to do. 

ONLY difference was,
    I couldn't wait to be home to play and daydreamed about gaming a lot when I was away.  But still I didn't neglect life....... As much better this may sound, even this could be sick behavior. 

Seriously, be careful  :o
    Hyperpsycrow
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Im looking at the game list in here and the most hyped and rated ones..but over half of these shown game with over 7 in score os dead or dont exist anymore..or is on flatline.

Then there is all the new ones that has hypes but isent released yet..so whats the point when i cant play em.

So what are my options here ?

I see ESO is doing well still but im bored of that game..surely its good if you actualy follow the lore and story..but i dont care about story expect who is end boss and why he/she is  so.

I play cusual LOl now and then and Poe but atm the league is so bad that no one likes this harvest BS..also poe admit they dont want harvest in poe 2 or any future patches.

I dont want to play wow. gw2, runescape, battleroyale games

Can you suggest me goo dgames where all players are now ?

This is not a criticism but if you don't follow the lore or stories or enjoy doing quests you're severely limiting yourself and by extension curtailing your own possible enjoyment. 

Of course I understand that you're at liberty to enjoy a game how you want but if cannot appreciate the things that make a game then you will be constantly cutting short your own time in a game. Games expect you to commit to the story, lore and quests as a way to engage and make you invested. If you cannot invest in the game then you will leave it at the first chance you get. Engagement and investment is the key to long time enjoyment and sustainability.

ARPG do that with the loot ladder always having a goal or achievement at the corner hence I understand your interest in Path of Exile which I too personally loved but not the leagues. I never enjoyed the leagues. I enjoyed advancing my stable of characters and trying to get to 100. Never achieved it before I stopped playing.

Since you cannot change your approach to these games they may never give you satisfaction. 

Personally I go to any MMORPG with the notion I am going to be making it my world and staying for a long time even if I leave in 3 months because of other reasons my approach to them never changes. If you dismiss a lot of what gives a game soul and the reason to play you're shortchanging yourself. You shouldn't be surprised that you cannot find things to play.

It isn't the fault of a lack of games but your inability to find sufficient enjoyment and a reason to stay that is causing a dearth in your current circumstances.
    UngoodAlBQuirky