Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Pre-Alpha 5 ?

Someone mentioned.......They are in Pre-Alpha 5 and not to far from Alpha, that means the core game is almost rdy for testing..... Well understand this !

Every video gameplay pod-cast up until the most recent:

It's not like the GUEST ARE LOGGED IN with a user name and password, along with a beginning splash screen and music.

And it's not like they started at level one, but at a predetermined class and level, on a predetermined map !!!!!....... Each and every time the guest walked into a set of skills Visionary Realms set them in....... The group and guest would play a few hundred yards, TALK A LOT then log them out of the file.

This is exactly how every gameplay went.... The viewers of this post can only assume how guest could be treated, because Visionary Realms are LACKING ANY viable proof the game is moving along. 

Again and as always where are the level ones, where are the cities and towns ?????..... Where are the people going to vendors displaying commerce ?  

Here is something I found shady,
In several gameplay videos They "make it a point to show another group playing the game".  They actually PRETEND THEY DON'T KNOW THEM !....... When instead their another group loaded into the file to so a false sense of alive. 

Instead we get a file or a folders.  Special guest only will be invited to Pre-Alpha 5 testing.  They will have to understand the limitations of being loaded into the program.  Visionary Realms will NDA the hell out of them.  Visionary realms will edit footage to give a better false indication of advancement of the game.

Not so much shady tactics, but more survival because the game is at 20%.

Gdemami[Deleted User]Amathe

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Calm Down And Carry On Gaming.

This is all about when they will launch the game, I posited two to three years in the last post, but you and others seem to think that's not realistic, maybe it will take longer. But the more you look at it, the longer it will take, like watching a kettle boil.

Talking of which a cup of tea might do us both good right now, I am of to have mine. :)
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    edited August 2020
    We have seen character creation.  You dont know what you are talking about on this one delete.
    Amathe
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    At least its not Valiance!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well when a studio is trying to "convince us"they will of course try and showcase something,not too often does level 1 showcase anything.

I however would like to see how we are presented in the game from level 1 as well i would want to know long term results.Example is the game going to be a complete wipe come launch day,are players who put money up front going to get a HUGE benefit by starting earlier?
    There is so much wrong with crowd funding,the devs feel the need to favor those players and very little is listed to the general public,we are just strung along for the ride pretending they care about the non backers.

I would rather 100% keep outside players out of the game until it is finished.This present day formula is a long term plan for disaster like this gives those a very long time to develop cheats ,learn exploits etc etc.You think if these guys find an exploit they are going to tell the studio..lol,people don't cheat to be the good guys.

EVERY single iteration of the EQ and VG series was full of cheating,so why would i think any different now?Imagine cheating the first 2 days in VG,how are we going to stop it when these players have been in game for years?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My long term goal is to see cash shops GONE,early access GONE,pre orders GONE,early starts GONE,i want crowd funding GONE.

I want a 100% equal fair playing field,is that really too much to ask?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Wizardry said:
    My long term goal is to see cash shops GONE,early access GONE,pre orders GONE,early starts GONE,i want crowd funding GONE.

I want a 100% equal fair playing field,is that really too much to ask?
    I agree.
    That is what VR is doing if we are to believe it...they have said the perks from donating don't effect gameplay.  Characters will be wiped after testing.  No in game cash shop etc.
    We will see how it ends up.  I know many in the community wont stick around if they go back on that.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sorry Delete, I am not sure what point you are trying to make. If its that VR is faking they have Pre-Alpha players, I can say for a fact, I know there are testers. Some have slipped up in the main forums with facts they know about the game they should not have posted and posts have been deleted or reminded not to speak up about whats happening in Pre-Alpha. I also know one personally, though they have never shared any info about the testing they have done. 
    MrMelGibsonsvannKyleranAmatheCatibrie