Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple to block xCloud, and Stadia

MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
No iOS device will be allowed to game stream.

Apple says that streaming goes against their App store policies.

So I wonder how long until Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Spotify get pulled too then.
Or maybe this is just Apple wanting their 30% cut of every game sale via the streaming service.

No gamer should buy an iPhone or iPad.

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Apple trying to strongarm them into paying 30%. Tim Sweeney has been fighting this for a long time and I agree 100%. Here’s hoping some anti competitive lawsuits get slapped on them for not allowing alternative stores. 
    Gdemami
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited August 2020
    Apple trying to strongarm them into paying 30%. Tim Sweeney has been fighting this for a long time and I agree 100%. Here’s hoping some anti competitive lawsuits get slapped on them for not allowing alternative stores. 

Wasn't that the late, highly lamented Steven Jobs' whole business philosophy, though?

Oh no! He had casual Friday's everyday!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR