Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Playing During the Outbreak? - August 2020 Edition

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat Are You Playing During the Outbreak? - August 2020 Edition

It's a pretty weird and unsettling time in this world of ours right now. With many of us hunkering down at home, things can get downright boring at times. Fortunately, if you're someone who enjoys videogames, you likely have a backlog of games to play through or even some new titles to play in the coming days and weeks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Return of Reckoning. Thousands of players. At times it almost seems like too many as you have 500 people at a castle siege. Insane!
    SovrathYashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Been playing some No Man's Sky, last time I played they had just added freighters and they've added a ton since then.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited August 2020
    Neverwinter Online, SWTOR and Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.
    Post edited by Nebless on

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Nebless said:
    LoTRO, DDO, Neverwinter Online, SWTOR and Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.

Impressive one can do so many MMOs at one time. I usually can only focus on one or two tops.
    [Deleted User]IndaholeYashaXinfomatz
  • SolarstrikerSolarstriker Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I'm playing City of Heroes :D
    xpsyncGladDog
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    On the single player front, Trails of Cold Steel is absorbing my time right now. And by absorbing, I mean devouring. I love it.

I'll probably also finish my Ghost of Tsushima playthrough in the near future.

In regards to MMOs, my friend wants to get me into DDO. It sounds like it would be up my alley, so I'll humor him.
    YashaX
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I've been playing Fall Guys, Cooking Simulator and unfortunately fell back into Archeage Unchained (it's been pretty fun though to be honest).
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    At the moment I'm playing ED, and finally picked up Jedi Fallen Order while it was on sale on the PS store. 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    This morning I played an hour of EQ1 and an hour of Surviving Mars.  This afternoon, I'll probably split time between SW:TOR, Supreme War: The Great War and some chores.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Modding, picked up Lord of the Rings Online again as well as Star Wars the Old Republic. Doing another playthrough of Vampire the Masquerade with a different clan.
    xpsyncScotPalebane
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Tekken 7. I can't/don't want to play mmorpgs anymore.
    Cryomatrixinfomatz
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I’ve been testing Microsoft’s new flightsim since January and using my Switch. 
    xpsync

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited August 2020
    Boxing wow is intriguing af (atm anyway)

Popping into classic but no motivation atm, and same with SWG pop in logout no motivation atm, that f'ing boxing adds something to the game for me?

I mean i'm leveling far slower with all the extra management, which then i feel far more immersed into the world.

At 20 i took the 3 man box i made (which is limit, only want trinity) into wailing caverns for a test drive.

I have 3 toons more than half naked, the couple pieces of gear they did have, half was starter still, the druid was in balance, not even in moonkin, i just wanted to get a quick feel for what i'll be dealing with, and was getting late.

I was able to go in about a half a dozen mobs deep with some challenge, a couple close calls, but if i can do that with what i had, 3 manning dungs is 100% doable.

(not trashing only expressing)
    Boxing is highly unpopular with the community, i know i was one of them, i guess from that point of view you're playing one character in and already absurdly easy bake oven game. Dungeon are a moving walkway you just ride to the end.

I dunno, then you notice players boxing and you're perception is REALLY? the game is already way over the top fisher price and you have to box it to get through? SERIOUSLY???

I boxed EQ2 out of curiosity for a little bit and people did that to get through a hard af challenging game. Being in bubble most of the time while playing EQ2 with my guild, i don't recall boxing ever being highly frowned upon, was near 80% in groups most of the time so i dunno.

But to me that would be the only reason to box, to get through the content, say you work weird hours and groups will be to hard to score, you box as pretty much your only option.

So when you come across someone in retail boxing it's like "you've got to be kidding me" my dude.

Don't even ask me why i even decided to try and box, i dunno tbph, the thought popped in there probably reading about it, and then the thought stuck and yeah, i'm thinking it was enough.

So now WTF right, i love it. Remember that saying cause it's for fact "Don't knock it, until you try it."

For me it's not about leveling as fast as light, or "trying" to get through content, surprisingly enough i discovered it's added so many layers to the game for me and that there are many intriguing options, some interest there, some more layers, more options alone is so welcome, you know instead of the traditional place 1 toon on treadmill.

I mean i love that SWG:L has added 3 toon box at once and that is this here for me now, it's not about boxing all 3 together all the time. I 'll have one out gathering while the other one i'm focused on getting some better gear from a couple quests, and the other not even logged in but we'll all meet back up at 30 for a real dung run or two or three... haha

It seriously slowed down the leveling as this type of play has overarching objectives as well, like getting them all to 30 which tonight i'll probably just play one of them, then maybe box the other two tomorrow, OPTIONS! No Rush, meet all back up at 30.

I mean if you want to level as fast as C then this probably isn't your best option, it's so much faster to focus on 1 toon and quest in between dungeons. The time i've spent with all these characters (level 20) i'd be capping that alt atm. I dunno i'm sure other people box for speed reasons. Which then yeah that would suck the fun right of this for me, lucky that's not my play style cause omg has this has added something great to retail for me.

It's like almost too much all at once, so many options, so many different ways to play, so many new ideas and goals all come to mind and plenty more i'm sure i've not thought of yet, that, i really can't pinpoint exactly why this is so much more fun then one character, one account.

It's like i used to have a main, now i have a main account :)
    HengistHuntSPMC
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    FFXIV is my main MMO at this moment. Single player, catching up on RPG's I've never played and bought on summer sales. Shining Resonance Refrain, Star Ocean the Last Hope, SAO titles on PC. On Nintendo Switch: The Last Remnant, Valkyria chronicles 4, Cosmic Star Heroine, Xenoblade 2 and DE (new playthroughs) and a few mom and pop RPG's.
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    On the single player front, Trails of Cold Steel is absorbing my time right now. And by absorbing, I mean devouring. I love it.

In regards to MMOs, my friend wants to get me into DDO. It sounds like it would be up my alley, so I'll humor him.
    @Aeander trails of cold steel is amazing. 2 and 3 are even better. Can't wait for 4. I hoping that the rest of the games make it too Ps4 or PS5 eventually. Though may just suck it up and buy Trails in the Sky for PC
    You really need to play them. They really enrich the story and give you a greater appreciation for characters like Olivier.

It's amazing how this franchise has built a coherent story and world over 9 games. And they aren't stopping at that.
    YashaX
  • munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

xD_Gaming said:

Conquerer's blade , duantless.

Having a computer that max out duantless and get high fps makes the game so amazing to play !

Could not agree more, love the game!
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    I play The Cycle, which is an unexpected good surprise. In fact this is the only BR that I can stand. I am about to throw some money at them.

I am looking for a solo, offline game. So I may reinstall The Last Remnant or maybe Grim Dawn.
    I started to jump back modestly in BDO without really investing a significant time.

I tried briefly PSO2.
    infomatz
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    @arterius I am looking forward to pathfinder as well. honestly right now i am splitting time between stardew valley and ESO. I thought I would be taking a break from ESO but my best friends son started playing so I have been playing with them. I played a bunch of graveyard keeper recently it is fun hence why I am checking out stardew valley.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    edited August 2020
    I am currently playing Secret World Legends.  Went back, made a new toon and having a blast.  I am also playing Max Payne 3 and Endless Space 2.  In Endless Space 2, I have an ongoing online game that has been going on for close to a month with 5 other players.  Its tightly contested, no one is giving in and the way its set up, it looks like its going to last a good while longer.  I am also looking forward to a game down the road called Outriders and the upcoming Avengers game.   Its a good time gaming wise for me!
    HuntrezzPalebane
    Aeander said:

What kind of game is trials of cold steel is it an rpg?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    MMO: Anarchy Online (occasionally)
    Single player: Grim Dawn, Heroes of Dire, Underrail
    Abimor said:
    Aeander said:

What kind of game is trials of cold steel is it an rpg?
    It's a turn-based, grid-based JRPG with light Persona-esque social elements. 

The setting could best be described as a richly realized magitech world, where quartz-based technology can power everything from personal magic arts to tanks and airships.
    YashaX
    Thanks I will look into that. 
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Nebless said:

LoTRO, DDO, Neverwinter Online, SWTOR and Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.

Impressive one can do so many MMOs at one time. I usually can only focus on one or two tops.

Not really when you take into account I didn't catch the 'August Edition' part. :)

For this month I wrapped up Neverwinter Online over the weekend. I've got all the normal content done and two of the campaigns, but I'm not into grinding repeatable quests to go forward in the others so I'm calling that one done.

Generally I've been just playing SWTOR in the mornings and wargaming (boardgame) in the afternoon, but I'm taking a break there and picked back up Titan Quest yesterday doing the Epic level play through that I'll spend my afternoons on.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter