Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Life B.C 2019 (Before Covid-19)

xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
Hi Guys! It has been quite a long time already! I've been busy with real life stuff because of married stuff and all.

Right now, we are facing one of the darkest days in our life, community has been brought down and some people are already breaking down and giving up due to this pandemic.

With all of this stuff going on right, I was wondering how were you guys doing before this pandemic reached us.

As for me, I was doing a normal life. Leaving home and working. Meeting up with people dearest to me. Hugging my love ones not being afraid of having them contaminated. I also had plans to go anime and game cons since most of them are being done during summer here in the Philippines. 

I hope you guys are doing well. Stay safe ~ and RIP for the people of Lebanon who had been caught in that recent massive explosion. 2020 is just being devastating for everyone around the world :(
Never give up ~

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I am more shocked by the overreaction to this virus. This isn't Ebola it has a mortality rate of about 500 in a million once a sufficient amount of the population gains immunity. It's in line with the 2018 flu season.
    This effort of mass lock downs is the first time I have seen it and it didn't work. The US would typically let the virus make its way through the community. If it was particularly deadly they would quarantine communities.
    The results of countries that locked down and those that didn't is a comparable mortality rate, especially in the long term. The sole exception seems to be states that decided it was a good idea to put infected covid patients in nursing homes.
    I think the seriousness of this is shown by how political it got. If it was a serious illness, there is no way they would be this political about it right now.
  • xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Cleffy said:
    I am more shocked by the overreaction to this virus. This isn't Ebola it has a mortality rate of about 500 in a million once a sufficient amount of the population gains immunity. It's in line with the 2018 flu season.
    This effort of mass lock downs is the first time I have seen it and it didn't work. The US would typically let the virus make its way through the community. If it was particularly deadly they would quarantine communities.
    The results of countries that locked down and those that didn't is a comparable mortality rate, especially in the long term. The sole exception seems to be states that decided it was a good idea to put infected covid patients in nursing homes.
    I think the seriousness of this is shown by how political it got. If it was a serious illness, there is no way they would be this political about it right now.
    Maybe the overreaction that you were talking about came from the state's little knowledge about the virus and fear from something that has no evident solution yet. The issue is that no one knew about it until such time that almost every infected person out there has been dying. Looking at the demographics, it is not deadly for everyone but the impact of the issue  is already there. 

Political views on the matter is not always being set aside because some country/state is already in the election process where they would appoint new leaders. I just hope they won't use the vaccination as part of their propaganda because everyone deserves to have that vaccine.
    Never give up ~