Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare Provides Update on Anthem Loot & Equipment Goals

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 5,023

imageBioWare Provides Update on Anthem Loot & Equipment Goals

In a new BioWare blog, the team provided a new update on Anthem, specifically touching on loot.

Read the full story here


«1

Comments

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,201
    Am I the only one who forgot about this game?
    NordicApacheLark3mVinterkrigOG_ZorvanMcSleazRoinTimukasdoomexalkarionlog
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Dead game, won't be able to revive itself, move on.
    NordicApacheOG_ZorvanRoinTimukas
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,714
    edited August 2
    I wish instead of guns, the javelins had Iron Man style arm cannons. Would look much cooler than a gun that you can't even visually customize.
    NordicApacheGdemamiTacticalZombehrojoArcueid
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I feel like at this point this game is always going to be a missed opportunity to be good. They way it launched, was handled by the CM and Dev Team and now the re-boot are all woulda, coulda, shoulda and the game will fall by the wayside as others pick up the pieces with newer games, faster.
    OG_ZorvanTacticalZombehdoomex
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Wish they'd bring this into Steam.
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 86
    its been this long and they are just "prototyping" LMAO.. get the fuck outa here man. You had so long during launch to figure out you needed a revamp.. it could have been done by now if you were actually dedicated. The little that people care right now is going to be long gone by the time your revamp actually hits and everyone is going to be playing much better games by then.
    GdemamiOG_Zorvan
  • VinterkrigVinterkrig Member UncommonPosts: 1,861
    They haven't closed this dumpsterfire yet? Wow haha
    OG_Zorvan
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 583

    seshses said:




    Is that the newest Destiny Expansion?
    VinterkrigkoldmiserSiris23

  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member UncommonPosts: 210
    People said No Man's Sky would never survive and they turned that around. I still have hope for Anthem. It's a game with great potential.
    zigalucardValdheimNyghthowlerGorwealkarionlog
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,714
    edited August 2
    seshses said:
    Yeah. Between Warframe, Outiders, and Marvel's Avengers, I think the market on third person looters might be just about at capacity. I would be shocked if Anthem 2.0 works, but I'll be trying it anyway.
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,213
    edited August 2
    koldmiser said:
    People said No Man's Sky would never survive and they turned that around. I still have hope for Anthem. It's a game with great potential.
    Comparing an open world survival game against a mostly on rails lobby shooter works, of course. About as well as comparing an indie company, Hello Games, that pulled out all the stops to give players what they wanted to a massive corporation that apparently feels they can take their sweet time to "fix" said lobby shooter. Here's another comparison for you. Square-Enix, who actually care about what customers think of them, completely rebuilt FFXIV in a year. EA is still "prototyping" and it's not even going to be a rebuild of the game, just changing systems around.
    Post edited by OG_Zorvan on
    bgzgamerTacticalZombehTimukasGdemami


    MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 86
    OG_Zorvan said:
    koldmiser said:
    People said No Man's Sky would never survive and they turned that around. I still have hope for Anthem. It's a game with great potential.
    Comparing an open world survival game against a mostly on rails lobby shooter works, of course. About as well as comparing an indie company, Hello Games, that pulled out all the stops to give players what they wanted to a massive corporation that apparently feels they can take their sweet time to "fix" said lobby shooter. Here's another comparison for you. Square-Enix, who actually care about what customers think of them, completely rebuilt FFXIV in a year. EA is still "prototyping" and it's not even going to be a rebuild of the game, just changing systems around.
    ding ding ding!
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Whole lotta people here who obviously never actually played Anthem. On rails? I don't think so but hey it's way more fun to just bash something. Whether you're accurate or not doesn't matter right?
    Valdheim
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,118
    I like the direction they are going with the loot.

    • Respect Your Time
    • Embrace Choice
    • Create a Rewarding Loot Experience
    • Keep it Accessible and Immediate
    • Reliability of Equipment and Rewards
    • Scale for the Future

    It reminds me of what a Diablo 3 designer might say.
    Gdemami
  • RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 456
    I hope they dont think they can make us pay twice for the same crap and its a free update for those who got the original.If so i will give it a look but im not paying another cent
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,384
    edited August 3
    Aeander said:
    I wish instead of guns, the javelins had Iron Man style arm cannons. Would look much cooler than a gun that you can't even visually customize.


    I said this when game first came out. They should have ditched the guns. Made all weapons either wrist, shoulder, or drones.  Remove the fly cap. Tighten the gun play. Worked on better AI. Wrote a decent story.

    In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

  • APThugAPThug Member UncommonPosts: 502


    Wish they'd bring this into Steam.



    With EA bringing so many of their other titles to steam recently, Id be surprised if they didnt.

    I think when this relaunch happens their also gonna announce a steam launch.

    image
  • ValdheimValdheim Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I'm curious if they can pull another No Mans Sky/FFXIV with this.

    IF they really turn this around they should also consider a Steam release, but only AFTER a succesful revamp or otherwise we would just see a (deserved) new negative review record.

    Also I really hope they got the decency to make this a free patch, I mean imagine they'd make people pay twice (which sadly wouldn't surprise me)!

    Anyways I wish them luck but not primarily for them but more for us because this game used to have potential.
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    yeah Anthem has all the basic issues which is good to see its being fixed... but the base game itself has issues with pilot errors and random crashing ( been some time since I played it to remember the exact errors )
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,213
    cmacq said:
    Whole lotta people here who obviously never actually played Anthem. On rails? I don't think so but hey it's way more fun to just bash something. Whether you're accurate or not doesn't matter right?
    I have played it. If you think its tiny maps and lobby make it an open world, that's your deficiency, not mine.
    Roin


    MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,498
    OG_Zorvan said:
    cmacq said:
    Whole lotta people here who obviously never actually played Anthem. On rails? I don't think so but hey it's way more fun to just bash something. Whether you're accurate or not doesn't matter right?
    I have played it. If you think its tiny maps and lobby make it an open world, that's your deficiency, not mine.
    He didn’t say it was open world, he contested the game being mostly on rails. And he is right about that, it isn’t. It most definitely isn’t an open world game either.

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Valdheim
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...



    'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

    It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

    It is just huge resource waste....'

    Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 164
    You know a game company should just stop when their biggest issue is how loot should work...
    Roin
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,331

    koldmiser said:

    People said No Man's Sky would never survive and they turned that around. I still have hope for Anthem. It's a game with great potential.




    how much competition no man sky had/ have?

    anthen is the same as loot shooter, bioware was trying to gather, take note too it was after failures like andromeda and the choose your colors ending


    and like the very first poster said, the game is so dead we even forgot of this thing
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,714
    No Man's Sky was a freak occurrence. The hype for that game was absurd. It was like the second coming of astronaut Christ. With all the Steam refunds, they had a real incentive to regain lost sales.

    That said, turnarounds do happen. Rainbow Six went from a flop to an esports staple. Destiny had a terrible launch reputation, as did Destiny 2.

    So it could happen for Anthem. It probably won't, but it could. I personally would like for it to happen.
    Valdheim
Sign In or Register to comment.